It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Cultural pushback against the left is long overdue and something we should be spending a lot more money on.

Spend every last penny of your own on it... but not mine. These crooks treat the taxpayer like an ATM machine.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

So you are all for defunding planned parenthood and busting public unions, right? I mean, go ahead and spend your money on it but not mine.
edit on 10-10-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Konduit

What are they even protesting with this circus at the NFL? It's always been very vaguely defined. It started with a failing QB's last ditch attempt for attention and liberal brownie points before he got the boot, and now it's just become a fad like the rest of these movements. KONY 2012!

I think they are protesting the election result, but it makes it less silly if they pretend it's about cops shooting black people (at least to those who believe that is a systemic issue).

Cops shooting people is a systemic problem. It may not be exclusively a black problem by any means but US Law enforcement has incredibly low standards.

Like 80 percent out of shape. Or 60 percent are bad marksman. Those small fundamental things create a host of problems.

Criminal justice reform is a very real need bit the executors of the law are broadly inept to be in conflict on the street. Not every city bUT most.

abcnews.go.com...

www.medicaldaily.com...

bearingarms.com...

www.apmreports.org...

www.reuters.com...

edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Abysha

Already done - unless you think NFL players are not paid.

No. The athletes are paid to play football and they happen to protest.

Pence, on the other hand... I just paid him to protest.

Pence is paid to be Vice President and he happened to protest.
NFL players are paid to play football and they happened to protest.

Going to football games is in the scope of job duties for vice president?

Being there on my dime is bad enough but he wasted our money with a premeditated plan to waste fortunes to play in Trump's reality show.
maybe it's just the American Way seeing as past Presidents were often seen attending sports events. Bush abd Obama for sure... who can forget the image of Obama pitching a baseball in mommie pants?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Dude, this is what you're pissy about? Do we need to rattle off every worthless Obama trip? They all do this.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

What are they even protesting with this circus at the NFL? It's always been very vaguely defined. It started with a failing QB's last ditch attempt for attention and liberal brownie points before he got the boot, and now it's just become a fad like the rest of these movements. KONY 2012!

I think they are protesting the election result, but it makes it less silly if they pretend it's about cops shooting black people (at least to those who believe that is a systemic issue).

Cops shooting people is a systemic problem. It may not be exclusively a black problem by any means but US Law enforcement has incredibly low standards.

Like 80 percent out of shape. Or 60 percent are bad marksman. Those small fundamental things create a host of problems.

Criminal justice reform is a very real need bit the executors of the law are broadly inept to be in conflict on the street. Not every city bUT most.

abcnews.go.com...

www.medicaldaily.com...

bearingarms.com...

www.apmreports.org...

www.reuters.com...

the original kaepernik protest was expressly about people of color and that he would not stand up for the country. Liberals need to stop pretending it's about supporting veterans and such. We all know what it's about.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Didn't care when it was Obama AND actually has the balls to say "focus on the current president." Thanks, but after 8 years of blaming Bush, and just as many worthless stunts (he could have been my son, etc), you sure don't have much of a memory so You? Bit it's the conservatives fault for not continuing to be upset after you ignored them for 8 years? You're a tool

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Cultural pushback against the left is long overdue and something we should be spending a lot more money on.

Spend every last penny of your own on it... but not mine. These crooks treat the taxpayer like an ATM machine.
oh listen to you now....don't spend my money blah blah blah but it's ok to spend my money on abortions for third world countries and a climate change issue that is not man made. But go ahead with this line...,

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You blame the average American for everything American media and government do. That's ridiculous. We don't have a great deal of control over that.

All you do at this forum is bully people who don't agree with you. It's easy to hide behind an avatar.

Constructive input would be more helpful. What, exactly, do you think Americans can do to control the media and the government?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

abcnews.go.com...

www.medicaldaily.com...

bearingarms.com...

www.apmreports.org...

www.reuters.com...

the original kaepernik protest was expressly about people of color and that he would not stand up for the country. Liberals need to stop pretending it's about supporting veterans and such. We all know what it's about.

I dont really concern myself with what liberals do.

Just the facts. Law enforcement in the us is a major problem. For them and for us.

Go ahead and start disputing what I presented rather than make the strawman.
edit on 10-10-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am the boss, so liberty is not a problem for me.

But nor is it a problem for the team bosses who have come forward to support their players right to protest.

Not all, Cowboys owner said if you sit you do not play...

This is just like the Church that likes to protest our wars at the funerals of our fallen military. They go there chanting their crap and all as the families morn.

In the end it is legal but poor form, taking the attention from the flag onto yourself is poor form and self-serving more than anything else and tends to piss off more than supports it.

As I said many times this is not a 1st Amendment issue.

edit on 10-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Xtrozero

I am the boss, so liberty is not a problem for me.

But nor is it a problem for the team bosses who have come forward to support their players right to protest.

Not all, Cowboys owner said it you sit you do not play...

This is just like the Church that likes to protest our wars at the funerals of our fallen military. They go there chanting their crap and all as the families morn.

In the end it is legal but poor form, taking the attention from the flag onto yourself is poor form and self-serving more than anything else and tends to piss off more than supports it.

As I said many times this is not a 1st Amendment issue.

Except for the owners who support the players.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

a reply to: DJW001

So you are all for defunding planned parenthood and busting public unions, right? I mean, go ahead and spend your money on it but not mine.

Wow. You have no idea who you are talking to, do you? Anyway, my last comment on this cheesy affair is that it will only serve to escalate the "controversy," which I assume was the whole point to the exercise. Why govern when you can put on a spectacle?
edit on 10-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lol.

First it was "but her emaaaails"

Now it's "but Obamaaa"

Deflect
Deflect
Deflect
Ignore question
Deflect

Sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

That's not what is being protested, though.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Yes it is.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

It isn't your money.
Taxation is not a fund. Once you pay it no longer belongs to you.
It's like complaining about how banks spend your mortgage payments.
If we could all pick and choose how our taxes were spent, society would crumble quickly.

edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Yes it is.

The protest is about police shootings and treatment of black people. So no, it is not about police shootings overall.

edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes it is.

The protest is about police shootings and treatment of black people.

Sure because it's people from the black community but it's true. Black people are poorly treated in the many parts of the US. It wasn't long ago they were segregated. You think that went away?

It's also white, latino, and Asians who are at risk.

When you keep saying nothing is wrong you don't help anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It isn't your money.
Taxation is not a fund. Once you pay it no longer belongs to you.
It's like complaining about how banks spend your mortgage payments.
If we could all pick and choose how our taxes were spent, society would crumble quickly.

A tax is the same as the dues one pays to be a member of a club. The directors of a club are accountable to the membership when it spends the funds they have collected. If a government spends taxpayers' money foolishly, they will be held accountable in the next election!

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join