It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: Southern Guardian

What are they even protesting with this circus at the NFL? It's always been very vaguely defined. It started with a failing QB's last ditch attempt for attention and liberal brownie points before he got the boot, and now it's just become a fad like the rest of these movements. KONY 2012!

I think they are protesting the election result, but it makes it less silly if they pretend it's about cops shooting black people (at least to those who believe that is a systemic issue).
edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Konduit

What are they even protesting with this circus at the NFL? It's always been very vaguely defined. It started with a failing QB's last ditch attempt for attention and liberal brownie points before he got the boot, and now it's just become a fad like the rest of these movements. KONY 2012!

I think they are protesting the election result, but it makes it less silly if they pretend it's about cops shooting black people (at least to those who believe that is a systemic issue).

LOL.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: UKTruth

Pence decides to leave

Pence didn't "decide " anything. His boss ordered him to go there and then walk out.

Yeah, yeah.
And even if they planned it - what's the problem? It's a clear protest against the players' actions. Is it only the left that are allowed to protest??

it could have been worse. He could have given our technology to
China like Bill Clinton did. Hey you make a great American ☺

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

The images presented show a lack of understanding of what the complaints are, falsely lumping different issues

That post from Windword was to show the hypocrisy of those complaining about blacks protesting violently, but when they protest silently either by kneeling or wearing shirts, it's still somehow a problem and they should be fired! Same reaction.

It's reasonable to request peaceful protest.

So then what's the issue with the kneelers?

It's a reasonable reaction for a sports fan to get upset when players push political messages down their throats when watching a game.

So then those fans can choose to skip the anthem and come back when the game is on. They can also ignore the kneelers at the game. They have that right to do so. The anthem is what? 5% 4% of the entire match? If they can't handle it, it's nobody's ish.

It's a reasonable reaction to be upset if you believe the country is being disrespected.

They're entitled to their opinion, just like the kneelers.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No. You deflected by talking about Pence's bathroom habit. Are you a pervert?
And I have no comment on the players using taxpayer money because I don't know much about that. I thought it was the NFL, not players. But stop deflecting to Pence's bathroom habits and players. Let's focus on Pence and his cheap public stunt as per the OP. Stop going off topic.

Ah, another deflection... It's now quite obvious you understand your logic fail.

Let me help you with a few points.

As a taxpayer, you don't own Pence's actions.
Any tax used as part of his trip is just like any other expense in his public life.
So the whole outrage that 'he used taxpayer money' is a strawman created by those who are STILL upset at losing an election and take every opportunity to display their faux outrage.

As for the 'stunt'. It's been very effective. Overall, it's been a big win for Trump. The players are back in their place on the whole, which is a good thing.

...and yes, the Govt subsidise the NFL with taxpayer money, money that would hit player wages if it had to be paid by the clubs and not taxpayers. You might find the amount is a lot more than Pence's trip - if you looked into it.

Yes the amount of tax money poured into the NFL supposedly tuns to the tune of billions.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I have already explained to you in my previous post what I believe the issue is in each example - and they are not the same.
They certainly don't warrant the ridiculous claim in the last sentence of the last image.

Again.

Against violence at protests.
Don't want to have politics rammed down their throats at a sports event
Don't want the country disrespected.

It's not really that hard to understand people and rather disingenuous to suggest it all means that America thinks it's ok for black people to die.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   

a reply to: Abysha

Already done - unless you think NFL players are not paid.

No. The athletes are paid to play football and they happen to protest.

Pence, on the other hand... I just paid him to protest.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Wait for him to tell you that you want Pence under house and office arrest.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Pence is paid to be Vice President and he happened to protest.
NFL players are paid to play football and they happened to protest.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Pence is paid to be Vice President and he happened to protest.
NFL players are paid to play football and they happened to protest.

Going to football games is in the scope of job duties for vice president?

Being there on my dime is bad enough but he wasted our money with a premeditated plan to waste fortunes to play in Trump's reality show.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
you liberals are so god damn lost...

trying to spin this into some "stunt" that cost America its future...

DO you not understand how many football fans have gave up and walked away from the NFL because of the racist anti american anti white man protests?

its not just the VP and most of america would gladly donate millions even to see the VP stand up for us and walk out.

You liberals are brainwashed lost and cant seem to think rationally... you are all a danger to the rest of us and things have to change.

You did this to yourself by becoming brainwashed racists who hate their own nation

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

Would these be the same allegedly anti American and anti white protests, which saw the man in this article:

nypost.com...

...take a knee in support of those protests? Do you think this man and other veterans of all "races" (there is only one race), from various wars, are anti-American, are not patriots?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Godstuff

"Brainwashed racists who hate their own nation" think it needs to be made great again. People who love their nation want it to continue becoming greater. That's why they protest.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

America kinda sucks. Hate to break it. But its not what it was in the 90s.

People, on the whole, are really timid and dumb. So throw a 9/11 our way at a time with weak leadership and watch what happens.

We could go on and on about specifics. But the reality is our nation is rotting from the middle class out

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The past has always looked better than the present. In the sixties, people longed for the glory days of the forties. In the fifties the fantasized about the wild west, and in the forties it was the antebellum South. You can't go forwards looking backwards.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Yes. You can and should.

Look at the mess we live in. Ive gone far enough forward thanks. Take me back to pre 2001 please.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Cultural pushback against the left is long overdue and something we should be spending a lot more money on.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's all a reality show to him. He really doesn't have a clue. Thinks this is just a game he's playing.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well rinse and spit because that's reality.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You betcha I'd cry crocodile tears. Because I know that money Trump wasted on this stunt could have gone to needy families in this country.

Actually, no, it couldn't have. Seems you don't know much about government budgeting.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join