It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

The players should have embarrassed Pence by standing.

And don't tell me they didn't know he was coming or was there.

Unless they are as stupid as they look.

But hey! How bout that free speech, eh? Freedom of expression and all.

The Colts and the 49er's get more money from the taxpayers than what it cost for Pence to go there and leave.

edit on 10 9 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 9 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: 3daysgone

He would have stayed if they would not have protested through the national anthem.

So he's dumb enough to think they wouldn't have protested or didn't know they would?
Really?

Either way he gave them the chance not to. Is there anything wrong with giving someone a chance?

Actually he didn't give the "chance" (he knew they wouldn't stand anyway), Trump ordered him to leave if they kneel which they knew they would anyway. This is a cheap PR stunt, pure and simple. The better way would be to stay during the game, not acting like a child but a respectable VP. And to meet with the players at the end, perhaps discuss the issue a bit.
Trump is a man child who cries every time people wouldn't do what he wants.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
a reply to: bgerbger

Obama is gone

Yes he is, but comparasions have no expiration.

Never understood how folks use the "but he's not president anymore" argument... The things he did or didn't do don't change because he's no longer the pres.

It's a form of deflection. A misdirection if you will. It's a ploy to distract people from how bad the current president is.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The 49ers originated the protest. They knew they would kneel. It was guaranteed. It was a staged show because trump lives in a reality tv show.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
obviously this was a PR stunt. Anyone could see that. And yes it is perfectly ok. Use the BS MSM against itself.

I didn't have time to read through the whole thread. But maybe it was a PR stunt to get the public to pull public taxes being spent on NFL stadiums.

It could save us over 3 billion dollars...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's funny how pissed people are are know this is a PR stunt. Thats politics people.
edit on 10-10-2017 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Lol, he's officially a "paid protester".

Congratulations, ATS; we've proven their existence.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Already done - unless you think NFL players are not paid.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
An ESPN host, Jemele Hill, has been suspended for implying people should boycott the Cowboys' advertisers because Jerry Jones is making players stand for the anthem.

Here's what Al Sharpton has to say about it.

Why is it that these far left people in the public eye do not understand the 1st amendment?
Does Sharpton not realise that employers do NOT have to accept an employee saying things they don't want them to say whilst at work? Does Jemele Hill not understand that Jerry Jones has every right to demand that his employees represent his team in the way he wants?

edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Funny how liberals all of a sudden care about spending,when it was last thing o mind during Obama admin,evidently liberals can't be taught manners,and have to use extremes against them,like that fly you can't swat

If you follow the logic, the OP is saying that Pence's visit to the football game cost taxpayers money, even if he didn't walk out.

This means taxpayer advocates have their work cut out for them, since top government officials visit sporting events all the time, at taxpayer expense. We'll see if they care enough to track this stuff and deliver a report next year. Not holding my breath for it!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

LOL, Sharpton is doing exactly what that sign behind him is telling people not to do! Shows where his head is at. He's as selfish as the protesting NFL players.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

LOL, Sharpton is doing exactly what that sign behind him is telling people not to do! Shows where his head is at. He's as selfish as the protesting NFL players.

I just find it incredible that he could be so dumb as to not understand the 1st amendment - given he is supposed to be a civil rights leader.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That isn't the logic and you know it. Pence was using our tax money to stage a cheap public stunt by the order of Trump. We wouldn't have any problem if he stayed.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

By your reckoning Pence is using taxpayers money every time he takes a breath. Given he is a public servant, that is technically true, however only extremists would suggest they own the guys actions 24/7. He's spending tax payers money if he goes to the restaurant with his family, or takes a pee while he is there. I assume you think he's ok to do that - or should he be under house and office arrest and give up his entire life?

I don't hear you complaining about NFL players using tax payers money to protest.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Of course public servants use taxpayers money. Why are you telling me the obvious? And stop with the hyperbole. "Under house and office arrest"? Seriously. Get a grip.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Of course public servants use taxpayers money. Why are you telling me the obvious? And stop with the hyperbole. "Under house and office arrest"? Seriously. Get a grip.

You seem to need the obvious communicated because you took the fact that the VP needs travel and protection as part of his job to associate it to his action on a Sunday at a football game.
How much tax payer money has been used from bathroom visits during public engagements? Outrageous!! You are paying for him to do a pee!! Terrible waste of tax payers money whilst people are starving.

Oh, still haven't heard you complain about players using taxpayers money to protest... not so much of a problem?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

We are talking about the public stunt, not Pence's bathroom habits. No idea why you are obsessed with his bathroom habits?
Am I allowed to complain about Pence wasting taxpayer's money on a cheap public stunt? Or am I under house arrest and barred from ATS?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

We are talking about the public stunt, not Pence's bathroom habits. No idea why you are obsessed with his bathroom habits?
Am I allowed to complain about Pence wasting taxpayer's money on a cheap public stunt? Or am I under house arrest and barred from ATS?

Nice deflection. Your logic only works if you think you are paying for all Pence's actions as a public servant.
...and still no comment on players using taxpayer money for their public stunt?
Hmm. Seems like you are playing the man and not the ball...how very leftist of you.

edit on 10/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   

No. You deflected by talking about Pence's bathroom habit. Are you a pervert?
And I have no comment on the players using taxpayer money because I don't know much about that. I thought it was the NFL, not players. But stop deflecting to Pence's bathroom habits and players. Let's focus on Pence and his cheap public stunt as per the OP. Stop going off topic.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

The players should have embarrassed Pence by standing.

Oh I'm sure they were. That's why players will continue to kneel, that's why the game went on as usual and that's why the fans stayed and watched.

$200,000 at least in wasted tax money for a political stunt by the Trump administration. You certainly have your priorities for this administration, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

If you follow the logic, the OP is saying that Pence's visit to the football game cost taxpayers money, even if he didn't walk out.

The point of the OP, which you apparently fail to grasp despite the many responses, is that Trump and Pence used tax payer money for a political stunt in opposition to the silent kneeling football players. Tax payer funds wasted all to cater for ego. If Pence sat through the entire game, that would be tax payer money used as a standard for his off time from office, not to do with politics.

Seriously, you posted on the first page. You need to grasp the subject at hand before responding.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join