It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Pence’s NFL Walkout Was a Cheap, Transparent Stunt (at a cost to the taxpayer)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: matafuchs
Respect for the office of POTUS.

Tell you what. When this POTUS starts showing respect for that office I'll consider it.

Why do you even care about our President or our NFL? Shouldn't you be concerned with Justin Trudeau and the CFL??

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Tell you what. When this POTUS starts showing respect for that office I'll consider it.

Why do you even care about our President or our NFL?

If your politics didn't affect my country I wouldn't care but it does. As to the NFL been a fan for almst 40 years.

Shouldn't you be concerned with Justin Trudeau

I am.

and the CFL??

I prefer real football.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Why is it ok to have the Ra Ra, faux patriotism part at the start of the game then?

Because in the mid 2000's the federal government removed the legal obstacle it had put in place to keep them from using our free press as a propaganda arm. Then in 2009 the DoD decided to contract the NFL for "acts of patriotism" including the whole making a show out of standing for the anthem.

Do I think its "ok"? Im agnostic on the NFL having their little anthem deal. But its 100% not ok that our government can use our entertainment as propaganda. The folks who call Trump a Nazi need to realize that the whole system is made up of Nazi's, using nazi tactics to divide the people. Trump is very, very small potatoes. And 90% of his protesters would happily vote for another one of the Nazi's who have actually supported Naci tactics like repealing Smith Mundt.

I am pretty sure that stuff has nothing to do with the performance of ones linebackers, quarterbacks and tight ends either.

None of it does. Its why I tune in 10 minutes into the game. I don't care about displays of patriotism.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only reason people are being bombarded with politics is because of what Trump said and things like this happening. Before Trump made a speech about it it was almost an afterthought, now it's headline news every day. Blame the media and this Administration, they're the ones who kicked this whole thing into high gear.

You have it reversed. Trump took the chance to pander to his nationalistic fans. This has been going on since Kaepernick in 2015, and picked up a lot of heat about 3 weeks prior to Trump making his asinine comments.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

If your politics didn't affect my country I wouldn't care but it does. As to the NFL been a fan for almst 40 years.

I am.

and the CFL??

I prefer real football.

So let me get this straight, over paid cry babies in the NFL not standing for another countries flag directly affects Canada? Wow I knew you guys were a little soft but I never knew some jerk not standing for another countries anthem would have such dire affects on the Nation of Canada.

Are you guys issuing a national emergency, or issued an emergency broadcast telling all Canadians to conserve Labatt Blue beer and Maple syrup in case of national shortages? Has the 100 active military members of the Canadian Army mobilized just incase there is an attack on Canadian Soil in relations to this Canadian National Emergency??

Do you care to elaborate how the NFL players not standing have directly affected Canada? Maybe this is an international crisis in the making!!!!

edit on 9-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Whoa..Pence must of been shocked
...NOT
Fake news, fake incident, fake outrage..drama queen.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Not saying that the LEO's of the nation need some help but is this really where to do it? How about they take a few hours out of their down time and protest on knees in front of every police station where there is an NFL team. Now THAT would get some attention. this is just pissing people off and making it worse than better.

I am not saying there is no problem. I am saying there are better solutions.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

They don't I suggest you lopk in to the contract. It used the NFL to sponsor events such as veteran's day. Had nothing to do with the anthem. And under Obama this was stopped so your complaining about something that was made illegal under current laws.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am.

and the CFL??

I prefer real football.

So let me get this straight, over paid cry babies in the NFL not standing for another countries flag directly affects Canada? Wow I knew you guys were a little soft but I never knew some jerk not standing for another countries anthem would have such dire affects on the Nation of Canada.

Are you guys issuing a national emergency, or issued an emergency broadcast telling all Canadians to conserve Labatt Blue beer and Maple syrup in case of national shortages? Has the 100 active military members of the Canadian Army mobilized just incase there is an attack on Canadian Soil in relations to this Canadian National Emergency??

Are you that dense? If so I guess the time it took to write that post was worth it to you.

Do you care to elaborate how the NFL players not standing have directly affected Canada? Maybe this is an international crisis in the making!!!!

I could but I'd use high school level communication and I hate explaining myself to "people".

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Funny how liberals all of a sudden care about spending,when it was last thing o mind during Obama admin,evidently liberals can't be taught manners,and have to use extremes against them,like that fly you can't swat

BAM!

The Obamas took endless vacations at expensive destinations. Not one Liberal spoke up then.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Then does it not please you in the least, to know that this blatant propaganda tactics time, is being taken up in something which is at least a people generated protest, rather than an exercise in slavish obsession with flag and anthem, designed to denude people of their free will and surplant it with the will of the state?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

They don't I suggest you lopk in to the contract. It used the NFL to sponsor events such as veteran's day. Had nothing to do with the anthem. And under Obama this was stopped so your complaining about something that was made illegal under current laws.

Citation needed, as i was unable to find said contract. Only reports of said contract.

But if it started in 2009...wasn't that under Obama? It started and stopped under him?

If you could cite the contract, and the current laws making this illegal, im interested in reading it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I am.

and the CFL??

I prefer real football.

Are you that dense? If so I guess the time it took to write that post was worth it to you.

I could but I'd use high school level communication and I hate explaining myself to "people".

I sure would love to hear the explanation on how NFL players not standing for the American Flag affects Canadians!! Enlighten me ole wise one!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

People were not happy about it at all, but you would only know that, if the opinions of people who have different opinions than yours, mattered a damn to you.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

probably should tell uktruth not to participate as well. lol

lame.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: GuidedKill

probably should tell uktruth not to participate as well. lol

lame.

I would be open to listen to his explanation on how this affects the UK as well...

Because I can tell you as an American it didn't bother me or my friends one bit to turn off the NFL... If we can do it and it not bother us how does it directly affect them?

Real question.
edit on 9-10-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I am.

and the CFL??

I prefer real football.

I sure would love to hear the explanation on how NFL players not standing for the American Flag affects Canadians!! Enlighten me ole wise one!!!

Why do you even care about our President or our NFL? Shouldn't you be concerned with Justin Trudeau and the CFL??

"OR" denotes two separate issues. Not the president AND the NFL. The rest of your reasoning is pointless. Now do I have to explain that in smaller words?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

You've decided what the counter-protest is about, but when others decide that the players protest is disrespecting the country you don't accept it.

Seems like you can't accept any other view.

Personally, I believe the players are entitled to do what they did (except not turning up on the sidelines) - even I think it's wrong (both disrespectful and for bogus reasons)
Likewise, I think Pence and those upset by the protest are perfectly entitled to voice their own views.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Then does it not please you in the least, to know that this blatant propaganda tactics time, is being taken up in something which is at least a people generated protest, rather than an exercise in slavish obsession with flag and anthem, designed to denude people of their free will and surplant it with the will of the state?

Protesting what, though? I see the protest. But every time I see a mic shoved in front of one of them its a Trump bash, or irrelevant alpha male talk. There may be some minor mention of vague "minorities are being screwed" type stuff....

Where is the real meat? Like i keep saying: they got our attention, and did nothing with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

you make it sound like they offending players were sent to the concentration camps, they weren't. In fact, they are still free to protest any way they see fit. Even Dallas players. Of course there are repercussions to their protest, but then aren't there always.

(Lighten up on the drama, it's not like this is soccer, I mean (futbol).

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join