It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Apologizes for ‘Racist’ Soap Ad That Turned Black Woman White

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
dark skin means dirty. white is clean.
just another way to demean and belittle blacks. its nothing new. its a norm in Korea and Japan.

just another nonexistent racist social schema blacks have to navigate through and explain to their children. its a species thing....
and it won't be the last ad as such.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Haha yah, that one was too obvious. Let alone Dove is reference to a 'white' dove.

They have to be more subtle about racism in ads to get away with it.

Everyone remembers Mr. Clean, the White Tornado, and whiter than white laundry. The focus is always how white detergent makes things.

Now I'm going to go outside and paint my white picket fence, trim my white roses and wash my white pickemup truck.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

just another nonexistent racist social schema blacks have to navigate through and explain to their children. its a species thing....

Race conditioning, part of everyones upbringing.

Divide and rule.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
not trying to be a racist or anything, but for some reason this made me think of the shipwrecks of the USS Pollux and Truxtun, where the woman tried to scrub the black off of Lanier Phillips.

funny what can trigger a memory. but to fair they never saw a black person before.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Another thing,at age 52yo i also do not have wrinkles,i have to wonder if it because i never ever in my life have used a thing most women cannot seem to do without: Base/foundation cream. Normally they start with that,then blusher,then the rest of the cosmetics. I have always despised it,feels like a grimy layer on my skin,i literally could not bear to have it on my skin,and it would make me feel sweaty and claustrophobic and just uuugh.. Strange thing is,it normally contains SPF and supposedly moisturising ingredients,supposed to help keep your skin protected from the environs and sun damage - but i have seen women who have always worn foundation cream,of my age,who have wrinkles,some quite a few. Strange that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I have a child, so I have done more than touch a woman, thank you very much.

* rolls eyes *

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Why would you say dark skin means dirty???? That's horrid.Living in South Africa i am amongst dark skinned people every day and unless they are mine workers coming off shift i have no reason to believe they are dirtier or cleaner than the average white person.What a strange thing to say.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Race conditioning, part of everyones upbringing.

Divide and rule.

race conditioning is more so against African Americans. the brain and mind are as susceptible to psychological harm as one's stomach is to a punch in the gut.

if years upon years you're are taught to hate yourself because you're lesser in every way, then yes, African Americans will want to bleach their skins. and it's not because they hate their skin, it's simply the subconscious trying to shield itself from what is being absorbed in the environmental or social context.
the same behavior is exhibited and manifested in many other societal mental conflict resolutions, or a psychological 'punch to the gut'; e. g. a teenager who starts to dress like his or her peers in order to fit in and not be made fun of.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yes she seems to enjoy it,so maybe it's just for the pleasure part. In summer it gets humid AF here but as she works in a dispensary,so her workplace is always airconditioned and cool,plus she gets a lift to and from work with her dad,so no stuffy sweaty commuting either.Guess it could be a de-stressing thing maybe.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Indrasweb

Right? Isn't this saying every woman needs dove soap? Isn't this saying all woman will like it? It's made for everyone?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

race conditioning is more so against African Americans.

While I agree with 'gotta keep the black man down' dogma in the main stream...

Dividing Americans along many lines is ongoing. Politics, Nationalism, religion, wealth, class and education, and especially race, among others.

We are conditioned to being divided against one another from very young. Even sports, we divide into teams and defeat the other side. In Religion-- our god is the one true god. In Education-- class and grades. Class-- Wealthy and Poor. Nationalism-- our Exceptional way of life. In Politics, the two party 'system'.

Divide and rule.
edit on 9-10-2017 by intrptr because: clarity

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Did Michael Jackson have to apologize for turning himself white ?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

No, mainly because

It don't matter if you're black or white

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Maybe he felt the need to after seeing all he saw happened to blacks while growing up...

or maybe he was just a demented kiddie fiddler who turned himself into a white woman and should have been locked up in an asylum after apologizing to the world.
edit on 9-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I only wish that Trump would get a hold of this stupidity and make his own commercial. It would show the transition from Black women, to white women, and Trump in the end.

The butthurt would be epic

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

Dove apologized and pulled down an online soap ad in which a black woman pulled up her shirt to reveal a white redheaded woman underneath.

This is an interesting Yahoo news article above a marketing campaign for Dove Body Wash that apparently went horribly wrong.

The ad actually had the Black woman transform into a White woman who transformed into an Hispanic/Asian woman.

I'm not always a cheerleader for political correctness. However...this is just wrong. How could the marketing folks NOT have seen this coming?

-dex

Wait,
the white woman transformed into a hispanic woman?
Where's the outrage from the white community?
oh, there is none?
Oh, that's right, it's not racist unless black people are offended.

bwaaaamap race bait.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I feel cheated.
I thought I was going to see some ta-tas.

Now if they can only make a soap for them....

I can see it now..A to B to C to DD!

edit on 10 9 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Yes exactly, the end of that commercial was unsurprisingly left out. Also, it's not like the old soap ads where the actual soap is what turned the person white. This ad simply and cleverly shows that this soap is appropriate for any woman. This is the same morphing software used in the michael jackson video for, black or white.

The red flag that proves this offense is contrived, is that they are only focusing on the transition from a slightly dark skinned woman to a very light skinned woman and purposefully edited the picture to leave out the next morph from a lightskinned woman to a slightly darker skinned woman. I think their point is to show people with sensitive skin.

Not to mention, that all of the women portrayed in this ad are light skinned for their ethnicity, and dove is horrible for your skin anyways. Nobody should be using that crap.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join