It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Jones: Cowboys will bench any player who 'disrespects' flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

a reply to: Metallicus

Who cares? Since when did we care what celebrities did?

By the way, the players coming out for it is only 2009 thanks to DoD grants for patriotism(nationalism).

For the record, it's poor taste in protest in my opinion. That being said, they're rich and famous playing a sport I don't care about.

Maybe we should focus on the DoD successfully taking over the NFL for wars no one supports. Or not, whats the difference at this point.

Interesting it started about 8 years ago.

Interesting partisan politics keep Luke minded people divided for the agenda of people far outside their lifestyle.

Interesting these "extreme" opponents further the same agenda.

Sorry, I've not heard the term "luke minded" before. Please explain.
Please tell me what agenda was suggested?
edit on 8-10-2017 by randomtangentsrme because: I edited

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Metallicus
We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests. The NFL can fine players for wearing the wrong clothes, celebrating on the field and even hitting someone wrong, but apparently they lack the balls to force players to stand for the Anthem. As employers the NFL has the absolute right to require certain behavior of employees that affects their public facing product.

I know some people say they aren't disrespecting the flag, but they ARE. Regardless of WHY they think they are doing it they ARE doing it and pissing off a lot of people in the process.

there's another place where people are forced to do things even when they're not breaking any laws... in fact, a few places, and in fact the moralistic USA is always the first one to preach freedom...
and why are people pissed off exactly?

Like where any job ever? They are employees and Jerry Jones is the boss. You cant tell your boss to screw off and expect to keep any job because off free speech.

I suspect as the numbers start rolling in more teams are going to make this rule. You cant piss off half of your customer base.

To Quote Jordan "Republicans buy sneakers too".

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
So basically show fake patriotism or else? Nice, glad we're a country that celebrates being fake.

Jones can do what he wants with his team but I wonder what he'd do if everyone on the team decided to kneel in protest of his strong arming? I'm sure he'd choose the money he'd be losing over patriotism, as any billionaire would.
edit on 10/9/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
So basically show fake patriotism or else? Nice, glad we're a country that celebrates being fake.

Jones can do what he wants with his team but I wonder what he'd do if everyone on the team decided to kneel in protest of his strong arming? I'm sure he'd choose the money he'd be losing over patriotism, as any billionaire would.

Nope Cowboys gear would go through the roof... Remember the Steelers lineman?

It is after all Americas team.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

It would be hard to make much money when no players are on the field. Jersey sales only go so far if you don't have a team playing.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

It would be hard to make much money when no players are on the field. Jersey sales only go so far if you don't have a team playing.

So you think he would have a hard time getting people to play for the Cowboys???

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

So you think a good football team is easy to come by? Sure he could get people to play for him, they'd be basically "walk-ons" though and he'd have a garbage team.

Trust me, if it came down to it Jones would choose money over the flag 100% of the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So you think a good football team is easy to come by? Sure he could get people to play for him, they'd be basically "walk-ons" though and he'd have a garbage team.

Trust me, if it came down to it Jones would choose money over the flag 100% of the time.

Trust me he wont in this instance.... Trust me lol.. I bet no one kneels and calls his "bluff" lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

The cowboys are 2and 3 I think he can get a team that might go 2 and 3 lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

It is irrelevant what they intended since they actually are perceived to be disrespecting the Anthem, the Flag and the military.

I perceive your post and this thread to be disrespectful of our country and what it stands for. I don't care what your intentions were. I hope you'll see the error of your ways and apologize soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It is irrelevant what they intended since they actually are perceived to be disrespecting the Anthem, the Flag and the military.

I perceive your post and this thread to be disrespectful of our country and what it stands for. I don't care what your intentions were. I hope you'll see the error of your ways and apologize soon.

I perceive you to be a troll.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I bet if he offered Kapernick 10 million a year and said he had to stand, he would stand too....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

They signed a contract,and like any employer has rules,when you break rules,you can and will be fired,it's a job,they only play when they are told,what makes them different from any other employee?because they think they are better?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   

force players to stand for the Anthem

How is that 'American freedom' treating you...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

So what happens if the entire team takes a knee? These athletes get paid way too much money for the little value they give to society. On the other hand, the owners themselves think nothing of charging fans outrageous ticket prices to support their salaries and make huge profits for themselves. The owners created the monster and now they think they can reign them in. The players can easily band together and hold their owners hostage.

They both need each other to make their millions. The public are suckers for bending over and supporting it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Now we can see someone who sees wisdom and advantage it taking a side here....the right American side....now wether this owner is a whitehat or blackhat is yet to be determined....Dallas is not synonymous with America it is synonymous with Coup de tat.

This could be one of the other team digging in deep uindercover.....time will tell.

For now I am going to buy A Cowboys Jersey today .

This is what AMERICAN team ownership would demand and for that alone I support the Cowboys in this action and shall wear their colors for the first time ever showing so..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Everyone already had their vote.....bringing political or personal views or opinions to work is wrong and shou;ld not be done it is like dousing yourself in your favorite perfume and then sitting at your desk in a small office full of allergic people and trying to claim you are just being you........lol.....this is a bupkiss arguement and anyone who pushes this limit is doing it for nefarious domestic unrest and upheaval reasons in short they are pushing towards support of domestic terrorisim the intent of which happens to be exactly like their own is......me before my friend....me before my workmate....me before my neighbor .......me before America.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

By the way. I remember when an event happened in Virginia, things got hairy, and you were talking about free speech.

Funny how you let your lean control when you're in favor of that narrative.

Funny thing is, I agree with you on many subjects. But I'm anti partisan. I can't go with the extremes. I have an opinion, but it doesn't rule my world.

It's an opinion. You don't have to agree or even like it, but it's his right to have it, just as you have the right to yours. And nobody is limiting anyone's free speech, we just don't like politicizing the national anthem. I feel it's the wrong venue for a protest. That is my opinion. The need to feel special is great with some I suppose.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests. The NFL can fine players for wearing the wrong clothes, celebrating on the field and even hitting someone wrong, but apparently they lack the balls to force players to stand for the Anthem. As employers the NFL has the absolute right to require certain behavior of employees that affects their public facing product.

I know some people say they aren't disrespecting the flag, but they ARE. Regardless of WHY they think they are doing it they ARE doing it and pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Anyway, it is good to see at least one owner has had enough of their childish behavior. If it isn't about disrespecting the flag then why not kneel during the two minute warning or some other time during the game?

Exactly, it IS about disrespecting the flag and the men and women who fought for the U.S.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Source

What has Dallas members been dragging flags across the ground or burning them?

I just checked the flag code. No where does it mention kneeling...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'll kneel at work in protest and see if I'm still employed.

They can kneel just know they will be benched. Sounds fair to me if protesting is more important then playing football
edit on 9-10-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join