It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Jones: Cowboys will bench any player who 'disrespects' flag

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests. The NFL can fine players for wearing the wrong clothes, celebrating on the field and even hitting someone wrong, but apparently they lack the balls to force players to stand for the Anthem. As employers the NFL has the absolute right to require certain behavior of employees that affects their public facing product.

I know some people say they aren't disrespecting the flag, but they ARE. Regardless of WHY they think they are doing it they ARE doing it and pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Anyway, it is good to see at least one owner has had enough of their childish behavior. If it isn't about disrespecting the flag then why not kneel during the two minute warning or some other time during the game?

Exactly, it IS about disrespecting the flag and the men and women who fought for the U.S.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Source

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
When all players return to playing football rather than running for political office, the NFLs lost revenue may return

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I would have thought this would have been done by the Patriots, but I suppose that would have been too transparent.

Kinda like how they won the Super Bowl after 9/11.

Coincidence? Who knows. I can't recall in my lifetime a time where America was so polarized with patriotism. Flags, bumper stickers, t-shirts, hats, key chains....

Lasted about 3 weeks tops.

And look at us now.

edit on E31America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 22:36:30 -050010pmSundayth10pm by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That is good old Jerry Kneeling. Talk about total grab-ass-tic leadership.

I guess we need to define disrespect?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That is good old Jerry Kneeling. Talk about total grab-ass-tic leadership.

I guess we need to define disrespect?

That was before the Anthem was played last week.....they all stood when it played.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Tough talk from Mr. Jones again huh?

First he was gonna fire anyone who took a knee. So when some of his players came to him and said they were going to anyways, guess what he did?

He brought the whole staff and his family out on the field with his players and knelt before the anthem, then they stood with their arms locked during the anthem.

Jones ain't benchin' nobody.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests. The NFL can fine players for wearing the wrong clothes, celebrating on the field and even hitting someone wrong, but apparently they lack the balls to force players to stand for the Anthem. As employers the NFL has the absolute right to require certain behavior of employees that affects their public facing product.

I know some people say they aren't disrespecting the flag, but they ARE. Regardless of WHY they think they are doing it they ARE doing it and pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Anyway, it is good to see at least one owner has had enough of their childish behavior. If it isn't about disrespecting the flag then why not kneel during the two minute warning or some other time during the game?

Exactly, it IS about disrespecting the flag and the men and women who fought for the U.S.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Source

I typically agree with you, but even if they were intending to "disrespect the flag and what it stands for", which they have repeatedly explained otherwise, the flag stands for the right to display this exact behavior. Whether you agree with it or not. They are hurting nothing but perhaps feelings. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Who cares? Since when did we care what celebrities did?

By the way, the players coming out for it is only 2009 thanks to DoD grants for patriotism(nationalism).

For the record, it's poor taste in protest in my opinion. That being said, they're rich and famous playing a sport I don't care about.

Maybe we should focus on the DoD successfully taking over the NFL for wars no one supports. Or not, whats the difference at this point.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Maybe he should say if they disrespect the flag they won't play ....and won't get paid ! ...money talks .

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Tough talk from Mr. Jones again huh?

First he was gonna fire anyone who took a knee. So when some of his players came to him and said they were going to anyways, guess what he did?

He brought the whole staff and his family out on the field with his players and knelt before the anthem, then they stood with their arms locked during the anthem.

Jones ain't benchin' nobody.

There is only like 4-5 players that Jones wouldn't bench
Prescott, Elliot, Bryant, Witten and maybe the kicker Bailey
And none of those guys are going to kneel.
The rest he would bench.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

Source

I typically agree with you, but even if they were intending to "disrespect the flag and what it stands for", which they have repeatedly explained otherwise, the flag stands for the right to display this exact behavior. Whether you agree with it or not. They are hurting nothing but perhaps feelings. Oh well.

It is irrelevant what they intended since they actually are perceived to be disrespecting the Anthem, the Flag and the military. What they should do is apologize for their screw up and say we will promote our cause in an inclusive way that won't affect our employer's public facing product.

They screwed up and people are boycotting and their message is completely lost because they are pissing off half the country. Perception IS reality here and they need to find a better way to bring attention to their agenda.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I'm sorry that spoiled rich people offended you, your country and your military.

Damn shame it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests.

Gets what? That the government paid the NFL to have it's players come onto the field and stand at attention during the song so that they could be used as examples of good American athletes pledging their allegiance to the flag.

No, you are the ones who don't get it. The whole thing is a government psyop. I'ts propaganda and you all have bought it hook line and sinker.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I'm sorry that spoiled rich people offended you, your country and your military.

Damn shame it is.

I am not the only person it offends and what do YOU need to apologize for?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

By the way. I remember when an event happened in Virginia, things got hairy, and you were talking about free speech.

Funny how you let your lean control when you're in favor of that narrative.

Funny thing is, I agree with you on many subjects. But I'm anti partisan. I can't go with the extremes. I have an opinion, but it doesn't rule my world.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Damn shame it is.

I am not the only person it offends and what do YOU need to apologize for?

I wasn't really apologizing. I have faith any adult can get over hearing something they don't like.

link   

there's another place where people are forced to do things even when they're not breaking any laws... in fact, a few places, and in fact the moralistic USA is always the first one to preach freedom...
and why are people pissed off exactly?

link   

Damn shame it is.

Why are you sorry? How are you responsible?

I am not asking you to do anything.

Also, over 50% of Americans agree that this is disrespectful behavior.

It isn't just me.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

By the way. I remember when an event happened in Virginia, things got hairy, and you were talking about free speech.

Funny how you let your lean control when you're in favor of that narrative.

Funny thing is, I agree with you on many subjects. But I'm anti partisan. I can't go with the extremes. I have an opinion, but it doesn't rule my world.

The players have free speech, but their are consequences to that free speech.

I can't expect to be free from the consequences of what I say even if I am free to say something. With freedom comes responsibility and hopefully the common sense to know what the costs of exercising that right might be.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

Source

It is irrelevant what they intended since they actually are perceived to be disrespecting the Anthem, the Flag and the military. What they should do is apologize for their screw up and say we will promote our cause in an inclusive way that won't affect our employer's public facing product.

They screwed up and people are boycotting and their message is completely lost because they are pissing off half the country. Perception IS reality here and they need to find a better way to bring attention to their agenda.

in what fhucking court of law in this country where you are guilty of perception...

so it doesn't matter what they're doing, what matters is what other people think about it?

what tosser would agree to that system

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join