It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove: When "SJW" Goes Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
That ad is doing exactly what it was designed to do...create a buzz, get people riled up and notice the brand.

Coming up, an explanation by the parent company Unilever, further embedding the Dove brand in the hive mind of the viewers.

Do you not think they research the most effective way to get inside your head. It's a science and compound that with some cleverly hidden subliminals and you grab market share.

Didn't you people go to college? This isn't even upper division marketing.

edit on 9-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
I don't even get what they were going for here initially.

I'm constantly astounded by terrible advertising, and stuff like this that just seems so obvious.

I wonder if the ad was posted with some text would it at least be explainable?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Domo1
I don't even get what they were going for here initially.

I'm constantly astounded by terrible advertising, and stuff like this that just seems so obvious.

I wonder if the ad was posted with some text would it at least be explainable?

"Picture yourself as black... now pick up the bottle of Dove... now take off your shirt... keep the Dove near... aaaaaaaand now you're white! Tadaaaaa!"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Sad isn't it marketing that stoops to this. Unilever/Dove that paraded body type acceptance in the past also objectified women, as claimed, with ads marketing to men. I do agree it is about attention but they may soon learn their attention is only negative costing them revenue. If then again, people put an effort to finding which products are connected to the company, then boycott them.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Sad isn't it marketing that stoops to this. Unilever/Dove that paraded body type acceptance in the past also objectified women, as claimed, with ads marketing to men. I do agree it is about attention but they may soon learn their attention is only negative costing them revenue. If then again, people put an effort to finding which products are connected to the company, then boycott them.

Do you think corporate America gives a rats ass what we think. The oligarchy not only knows how to play the game; they make the rules.

ok go on your FB page, twitter account and organize the boycott. I dare ya!!!

and yes it is sad!

It's a brave new world....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

People might, they deserve the backlash, let people see what these companies really are. I've only seen changes from boycotts a handful of times, not holding my breath.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I know I'd be pissed if I turned ginger, they don't have souls....
Everybody know dat...

Yeah, I bet.

Sly marketing how ginger is an anagram for a word(South Park's original intent for the Ginger Kid's episode).

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

People might, they deserve the backlash, let people see what these companies really are. I've only seen changes from boycotts a handful of times, not holding my breath.

I admire your optimism. Sorry, my cynicism get progressively darker with every ATS thread and post I read. There's also a negative side...

non merentur we have no one to blame but ourselves...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Haven't been to ATS in awhile...what is an SJW???

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: jerryznv

Social Justice Warrior....

Now a derogatory term used by conservatives as an insult to libs.

Where have you been...are you ok?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ya...I have been in the Pacific away from the world and just got back to the mainland!

Thanks for asking!

What happened around here? I don't know how to navigate anything...I'm scared!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Ya...I have been in the Pacific away from the world and just got back to the mainland!

Thanks for asking!

What happened around here? I don't know how to navigate anything...I'm scared!

Let's just say it's different, a little meaner, and "deny ignorance" has lost it's meaning, by and large. Welcome back!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
So...I've had a few minutes to read through this thread and I am stuck with one thought!

If you're already white and you use Dove...what happens??? Nothing...something...who knows...

This is by far the strangest thread I have seen on the board yet...I don't know what to think!

I think I am going to stand by and just wait and see where this goes...I've always done well playing the "safe" card in such sensitive issues and it seems like the right one to play now!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Redheads are people too you monster!

More data required.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jerryznv

I think I am going to stand by and just wait and see where this goes...I've always done well playing the "safe" card in such sensitive issues and it seems like the right one to play now!

Take a walk on the wild side and jump in the mud pit with us. You can cuss and insult people to your hearts content.
One of the few improvements in the entertainment sector known fondly as politics.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

a reply to: jerryznv

Take a walk on the wild side and jump in the mud pit with us. You can cuss and insult people to your hearts content.
One of the few improvements in the entertainment sector known fondly as politics.

What? We can cuss and insult people?

My love for ATS has been renewed!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Figured this would make it here eventually. However, all's not what it seems.

They left out mentioning Chick #3. She's the one that Girl #2 turns into after taking off HER shirt. They didn't bitch about Girl #3 because it ruins the "That's raaaaaciiiiiist!!" narrative.

Give me a minute to google it up & I'll edit in the link, it's plain as day Dove meant nothing offensive here, and people went full knee-jerk retard without watching the whole thing.

Edit: This particular article was what I read earlier thanks to people in comments sections posting it. You can see the whole Girl Trio in it. I guess washing up to eventually become a Hispanic girl is the new snowflake offense? Nah, really doesn't seem to be much more than a nod at equality. Except opportunists mauled it and omitted the final girl for their own narrative's benefit.

bougieblackgirl.com...
edit on 10/9/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That ad is doing exactly what it was designed to do...create a buzz, get people riled up and notice the brand.

Coming up, an explanation by the parent company Unilever, further embedding the Dove brand in the hive mind of the viewers.

Do you not think they research the most effective way to get inside your head. It's a science and compound that with some cleverly hidden subliminals and you grab market share.

Should have reversed the models.

That would have been a better head scratcher.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Should have reversed the models.

That would have been a better head scratcher.

Wow...good point!

I can already imagine the outrage and riots that would come from that idea!

Probably would be on CNN first thing in the morning!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Lol.

Don't insult liberals. The classic liberal by definition would despise everything current leftists stand for and how they conduct themselves.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join