It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove: When "SJW" Goes Wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I appreciate the explanation.

I didn't know the history.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

i'm not sure you know what you're on about, sometimes.

I know exactly what I'm on about.

Maybe it is you that doesn't get it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Abysha

I appreciate the explanation.

I didn't know the history.

I'll send you a bar of Lever for Yule, lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Can you really fault old America for thinking blacks were unclean and "dirty"? They did live in shacks with dirt floors.

I'm not saying that was right but the way in which blacks were treated (farm equipment, animals) I can kind of understand how a regular Joe of the day thought they were dirty.

I liken it to my view on bums. While it might not be there fault they ARE MOSTLY unclean.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Can you really fault old America for thinking blacks were unclean and "dirty"? They did live in shacks with dirt floors.

I'm not saying that was right but the way in which blacks were treated (farm equipment, animals) I can kind of understand how a regular Joe of the day thought they were dirty.

I liken it to my view on bums. While it might not be there fault they ARE MOSTLY unclean.

Yes... I can fault them.

If I send my daughter out without an umbrella, I don't think she's magically damp when she returns; I realize it was my own damn fault.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Some of those images seem to be so far back that in my old age I don't recall them. However, the current one defies simple logic and a total lack of sense of humanity. The whole team needs to go. I am white and I am insulted. The world has come much farther than the team at Dove who thought this is okay.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The key problem is , it shows "a woman of colour" changing into a Caucasian lady as the shirt is removed . Stereotypical representations at that.
That is insulting to me and I fit none of the above...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

the best part of this ridiculesness is yet to come.

it will be fun to watch future corporate america promotions that will always endure all transition occur from white to black.

i wonder how long before all scary movies must be filmed in the daylight? wouldnt want to associate evil with darkness.

wow people get upset about the strangest things

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The key problem is , it shows "a woman of colour" changing into a Caucasian lady as the shirt is removed . Stereotypical representations at that.

perhaps you are color sensitive?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

perhaps you are color sensitive?

Or , perhaps I am not
Only my hairdresser knows for sure...
Now , away with your ignorant self and your assumptions.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Wonder how many would be outraged if in removing the shirt a white woman washed off her makeup to become black.

There are no excuses.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Oh Im so offended!

This is worse then somebody passing gas on the elevator. Well almost kind of.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Yes... I can fault them.

If I send my daughter out without an umbrella, I don't think she's magically damp when she returns; I realize it was my own damn fault.

Not all were slave owners. Picture an affluent New Yorker of the day. He might share the animals sentiment yet have nothing to do with slavery at all.

Again, I'm not going to judge people of the time, but I could find the idea of that New York man of ours hokding those views plausible. Of course today it would be horrendous viewpoint, and was by our standards of the day, but ultimately their thoughts and experiences ruled the day. That which was commonplace simply was and most likely wasn't questioned by nearly all except the most forward-thinking visionaries.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Yes... I can fault them.

Not all were slave owners. Picture an affluent New Yorker of the day. He might share the animals sentiment yet have nothing to do with slavery at all.

Again, I'm not going to judge people of the time, but I could find the idea of that New York man of ours hokding those views plausible. Of course today it would be horrendous viewpoint, and was by our standards of the day, but ultimately their thoughts and experiences ruled the day. That which was commonplace simply was and most likely wasn't questioned by nearly all except the most forward-thinking visionaries.

Sure. Black people were just dirty back then. Got it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yes... I can fault them.

Sure. Black people were just dirty back then. Got it.

Yes, they often were due to the conditions they were forced to live in.

It's a further testament to the horrific enslavement they were forced to endure, until it was overcome and then they preserved again for a hundred or more years for true equality.

Black Americans could be forgivin if they don't realize it, but their American Culture has forged a strong connection with itself. It's been hardened.

If they are somehow able to rise above the financial burden, I know it will only be together. And they would then have proof again of the ability to rise above their struggles.

As someone who cannot understand why Blacks would choose a Democratic politician over a Republican, I can't help but wonder, if after all the Black race in America has overcome, do they still show signs of lacking confidence?

You've endured slavery FFS! You endured another 100 of institutionalized racism. What can't you overcome? Believe in yourselves and rise above this poverty. Republican values are ensuring all citizens are protected, but they have to have a hand in building as well.

Just some thoughts. Sorry if this sounds like a pity party, because it's not. I'm just realtime musing.
edit on 8-10-2017 by Tempter because: Sp, sentence forming

edit on 8-10-2017 by Tempter because: I'm so stupid

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   

OMG, come over to my house and we can console one another in a puddle of tears.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I know right? I've heard of "white washing" but this is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I don't usually comment on race topics or SJW crap, but uh.. that picture is pretty telling.

I'd say its pretty racist, and I'm not one to pull the race card angle much.
edit on 10/8/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I hear their next ad will feature a bottle of Shampoo wearing a KKK hood.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I don't even get what they were going for here initially.

I'm constantly astounded by terrible advertising, and stuff like this that just seems so obvious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join