It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisdom Of The Crowd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was sitting with my mother and this TV program came on. I am not really big on TV but this caught my eye right away.

Predictive programming?

Or the future of ATS?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Sounds nice, can't wait til it comes on netflix so I will watch.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
"Wisdom."

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

About Wisdom Of The Crowd

Wisdom of the Crowd is a drama about a visionary tech innovator who creates a cutting-edge crowdsourcing app to solve his daughter's murder, and revolutionize crime solving in the process.

Inspired by the notion that a million minds are better than one, Silicon Valley entrepreneur Jeffrey Tanner, develops "Sophe," an online platform for publicly shared information he's certain will find his daughter's killer. To assist him, Tanner recruits Detective Tommy Cavanaugh, the original cop who investigated the murder but was unceremoniously forced off the case. Working with them is Sara Morton, a brilliant engineer whose relationship with Tanner goes beyond professional;

Josh Novak, a talented, nerdy-cool head programmer; and Tariq Bakari, a tech genius and expert hacker with issues adhering to the rules. Concerned with Tanner's obsession is his successful ex-wife, Congresswoman Alex Hale, with whom he shares an unbreakable bond over their shared grief. As Tanner taps into the "wisdom of the crowd," his unexpected success fuels his determination to solve even more cases than just the one that's personal to him.

www.cbs.com...

It was inspired by the book, "The Wisdom of Crowds: Why the Many Are Smarter Than the Few and How Collective Wisdom Shapes Business, Economies, Societies and Nations", published in 2004, written by James Surowiecki.

It is about the aggregation of information in groups, resulting in decisions that, he argues, are often better than could have been made by any single member of the group. The book presents numerous case studies and anecdotes to illustrate its argument, and touches on several fields, primarily economics and psychology.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Okay. Just finished the first episode. It looks promising.

It really does remind me of some of the threads here on ATS, without the cyber-team and super computers of course.

I am sure there will be something close to this app in the near future.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

S&F simply for the possibility of a revolution in the power of collective consciousness. One group already uses it. Would like to see it awaken others.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn
I think it is an attempt to make the concept more palatable.

The whole idea of the hive mind and the collective is still pretty scary, and rejected by most. The funny part is while we reject the concept, we willingly plug into the matrix, and behave as programmed.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
in reality the bigger the crowd the more the stupid factor rises .

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: liveandlearn
I think it is an attempt to make the concept more palatable.

The whole idea of the hive mind and the collective is still pretty scary, and rejected by most. The funny part is while we reject the concept, we willingly plug into the matrix, and behave as programmed.

I don't see crowdsourcing as a hive mind. No one tells you what to think. It is your own research. That said, I do see how it could become self fulfilling if you fail to do your own independent research.

We all know there is a group who have fallen prey to the memes of MSM and both sides. But the concept of looking for resources and connecting the dots could be good.

Only problem I see is that it is an MSM program so will see where it goes. Don't watch TV myself but may tune in to see the direction this goes.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Groupthink turns individuals into retards.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
So did the system work and find his daughters killer? Or do we have to wait several seasons to find the culprit? A precursor for the public to accept that the data collected from our phones (gps, photo, contacts, etc) and pc's are a good thing for society.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
the " collective " has an annoying habit of being incredibly unwise

and " group think " is incredibly unpredictable - and capable of such " mood swings " - that its borderline dangerous

as 1000 people a question - individually - and you will get a decent " group think " ask a mob of 1000 collectivly - and you CAN get a dangerously skewed response

also - it depends WHO you ask - ie - in 1941 asking 1000 random londoners and 1000 random berliners for thier opinion on adolf hitler - would - unsurprisingly garner very different sesults

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay. Just finished with episode 2. First I have to say that I think the acting is a bit poor. It seemed stiff and unnatural to me, and the plot is all over the place but, it is new and it is only the second episode.

So far it is still trying to round our the characters, so they aren't putting too much attention on the contributors to SOPHIE at this time. Will give it a couple more episodes and maybe I will have better feel on whether this is worth my time or not.

new topics

top topics

join