It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - ‘No deal’ planning is well under way, says Minister

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You are right , because it reflects entirely my point about the young offenders who offend just so they dont have to pay bills , they can get an easier ride from the state with minimum effort

Conversely to the "hard working euros" theme

my mate works in Cardiff at a galvaniser's and says the Polish guys are thick as # and dont do the jobs properly , says they graft for the cash and do overtime etc but dont always do a decent job and never understand the instructions so often end up messing up customer orders.
He says that they often show up for the job , work but dont do an amazing job and always take overtime, he says they are always out the back having a fly can of lager on the nightshift as well.

I mean who the # goes to work to drink , hard working , or working hard at getting paid for doing the least amount of work.

You hear stories all the time from different people. It's all just #e anyways
there are people in life who are just bone idle and people who just scive because they are just "above" work
then there are those people who work and work and never cause problems and get taken advantage of because they work hard whilst others just # about.

There are plenty of those people everywhere , all over the planet , riding on others coat tails, being managers so they dont have to do the hard work anymore and just people manage and get paid more to do less. Plenty of them about as well
more chiefs than indians wanting to hold onto the pipe for too long .

edit on 17-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Having lived in various places around the EU while doing contract work, I can tell you, most EU countries consider a drink or to at work to be pretty normal. Getting tipsy or drunk is frowned on, but its quite normal for them to have a glass of wine, or lager on their desks. Took some getting used to, I tell you.

Its more or less only the "fuddy duddy" British who have anything against it, and it makes for a much more relaxed atmosphere at work.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: BMorris

Aye fair enough but not when your dealing with large metal objects and heavy machinery in a workplace
alright in an office environment, but when dealing with physical objects being drunk on site is dangerous
but aye it's sound for the Polish to be lax on health and safety in the work place if they like but if im working next to you and your drinking then I'll tell you how stupid you are and dont want you on site near me if your drunk.

My pal isnt the boss in this yard , his boss just seems to be ok with turning a blind eye to it
and even has some of the lads go out to clean up the nightshifts can pile before the other boss returns for inspection etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

There are plenty of those people everywhere , all over the planet , riding on others coat tails

Exactly. If you are an Aussie or South African and meet the new British immigrants over there you will see it from the other way round comparing your lazy locals to these hard working Brits who work so hard and don't work or even know how to scam the system.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I mean look at all these whining brits

on march to parliament tonight rally for pay

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

My bird from rural poor Czech would argue different...lazy and weak Brits put to shame,.....

Of course some Eastern European immigrants work hard, many don't.

Many, in some places most, of the beggars on the streets in towns and cities the length and breadth of the UK that I see in my travels are Eastern European - they are either genuinely homeless and penniless, hence probably illegal, or they are operating scams milking the generous nature of the British people.

Every time a list of the UK's most wanted criminals are released Eastern Europeans are notably disproportionately represented.

I've had numerous interactions with Eastern Europeans - I employed many when I was a Production Manager of a factory - some were hard working, some were lazy idle tossers who thought they could use the language barrier and 'racism' as an excuse for everything.
The only people I ever sacked in that role were Eastern European.

I've worked and ran doors for years and ran my own pubs - thrown literally hundreds of Eastern Europeans out for being confrontational and also obnoxious and extremely aggressive towards females.

Of course not all of them....but a fair proportion of them.

And of course how many of them are currently 'employed' in the booming UK sex business?

They aren't the paragons of hard working virtue you try to portray them as, far from it!

Your arrogant attitude and loathing of Northerners / Scots / anyone less fortunate than you seems typical of the self-centred, egotistical brats that seem to infest this country now.

I could say so much more, but why bother?
All I will say is that life has a habit of biting you in the arse and its a long way down from that pedestal you've built for yourself - good luck.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
A certain newspaper that fails daily, put out a story recently, about how the UK was warned that if we Brexit without a deal in place then planes registered in the UK, bound for the UK, and originating from the UK, would be banned from entering EU airsppace, and that includes RoI. Which would practically cut us off from international air travel. Planes heading west have to fly over RoI, planes heading east have to fly over the European mainland. They also said similar restrictions would be applied to shipping. Effectively cutting the UK off from international supplies.

I wonder how much truth in that there is.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

well wouldnt ROI hold the EU to ransom if all west bound flights fly over their airspace. Surely they couldnt and wouldnt do that !

If they end up using area denial as a bargaining chip then we are screwed

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I'd be staggered if anyone in any sort of position of influence relating to Brexit negotiations would ever even consider for a second any of that.
There were international flights and shipping well before the UK entered The Common Market as it was back then and nothing of the sort occurred.

Whether we are in the EU or not we will still trade with each other at some level and we are still partners in NATO etc - reasonably good terms will have to be maintained.

I'm noticing a sense of realisation coming from the EU recently and a bit of a softening in their approach.

I just wish that we aren't anti-European, we are simply anti-EU and have no desire for political union.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Interesting stats here...
fullfact.org...

More EU nationals are working here than unemployed UK nationals claiming jobseeking benefits. Says it all to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TJames
fullfact.org...

More EU nationals are working here than unemployed UK nationals claiming jobseeking benefits. Says it all to me.

Yeah ok we get it. In your eyes eastern european workers are the dogs bollocks. The bestest workers ever. Never have you seen human being so dedicated and in love with the concept of work.

They're never ever late, in fact, they come in so early at times they actually meet themselves on the way out from the previous shift. They never answer back, Yes sir, No sir, always polite. Hang back at a moments notice to finish an order Skip tea breaks to complete orders. Always do a # on their own time. prepared to undercut the next guy and work for less pay without complaint. Never mention the words Health and safety ever. Never ask for PPE. Climb into moving machinery without a proper risk assesment in place.. Now if only us lazy bastard Brits had done those things in the past and not made a fuss about it.

You know what... if we still had mining the eastern european would volunteer to take the place of the #ing budgie.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Aye but what does that tell you about the wonderful EU
with all its jobs everywhere, that they are all so intent on coming here!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Nope, I'm saying that there is plenty of work around for people who want it.
I've hardly ever been out of work even if it is quiet on my self employed scene, straight to an agency doing some minimum wage unskilled work within days.
But do carry on whining lol

And @sapien82
Yes I completely agree, plenty of work available for those who want it. Couple of million working EU nationals prove that.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Aye but what does that tell you about the wonderful EU
with all its jobs everywhere, that they are all so intent on coming here!

Er, because the UK is actually quite a nice place to live and work. Plus there are employment opportunities. Unemployment in the UK is low. Streets are safe. People are nice.

Judging by some of the morose comments on ATS, and in the media, the UK is an economic wasteland and everyone is poor, or a Muslim. That is just not the case.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Nah I dont think you got what I was implying , that if the EU is so great why are so many EU nationals coming to work in the UK.
Like why arent the hard working EU nationals working hard in their own countries or others in the EU.
Is it because they know the UK has a decent employment rate and has a strong currency against the EU and also because we have a good benefit system to fall back on when work will dry up?

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

hahah I was just responding with similar thoughts as I read your post

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I agree completely.
The crappiest bit about Britain is our weather, maybe why moaning and whining seems directly proportional to how far north one lives.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

fullfact.org...

Your link doesn't mention anything about benefits , it deals only with EU nationals and UK nationals of working age !
it makes no mention of percentages of UK nationals or EU nationals on benefits.

Interesting to find that there is an unknown number of EU migrants working in the UK who also receive benefits
from all of the articles I read , it seems the DWP and HMRC are clueless as to how many actual EU migrants work here and how many claim benefits.
They dont know exact figures on those working and claiming benefits and those just claiming benefits.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Whit you oan aboot I #in love the rain!

How many times do I have to say this to you , holding your employer to account for your low salary is perfectly normal and legal
How many of those #in EU nationals have been on a pay freeze for the last 8 years?

How many of those EU nationals would tolerate wage cuts, or reduction in hours ? They wouldnt right , theyd just leave and find another job

See how many of them would be willing to work here under those conditions, "oh but you could always find another job"
well its not as simple as you make it out to be and never will be as simple, so stop pretending like life is as simple and easy to walk out of one job and right into the next without issue.

You can call it whining all you like , if you dont like it you ken you can find another discussion to participate in, or ye can attempt to bam us up some more !

edit on 18-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The crappiest bit about Britain is our weather,

Well, I disagree. I am an avid walker, and the changing weather and seasons are just fantastic. They bring colour to the land.

Only wimps sit at home whining about the weather - how hot/cold/wet/snowy/rainy/moist/windy/calm it is! How boring it would be if it was always hot, or cold. Better to hike 18 miles in the rain than 18 miles at 30 degrees.

To topic. Maybe under Brexit we can take control of our weather again, having lost it to the EU who have spent the last two decades trying to change the weather into a French model.
edit on 18/10/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join