It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - ‘No deal’ planning is well under way, says Minister

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

hahah I just live across from hampden bowling club in the four in a block apartment flats, so im no in the frying pan yet!
plus I have a decent landlord.
I think I will maybe move again to the country because after living here for 10+ years now I want some peace and quiet.

A driver hit the crossing lollipops yin night and swerved across the road in front of a bus hit the pole and knocked it clean over. The hole was there for about three months. I had to complain to sturgeon on twitter to get it sorted it was a hazard. The electricity was out on the street lights for about 2 weeks which is terrible considering that three women were raped in this area last year. I think there is some weird # going on where the council dont fix # in sturgeons home turf.?

My pal who stays on Daisy street was telling me all sorts of stories he has heard from the community group in Govanhill. True or not it doesnt paint a pretty picture of this area.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Aye thats a nice wee part still, but fact is time is not on your side.

As you probably know all it takes is for one wee old dude to pop their clogs and GHA will move in they poor animals that simply claim to not know any better or that its part of there culture and then everyone snookered really.

I feel for the old'yins and woman that ether own there own house in the area or simply cannot afford to move. To be honest there is a form of social cleansing at play in Govanhill, plain as day really.

edit on 16-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Has this thread become a whine about social housing in Scotland now? Wow that escalated quick.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TJames

Well nobody is forcing you to participate.

Anyway is that wee Czechoslovakian bird not demanding your attention?

End of the day the topic is rather relevant to the subject of the thread in many ways if you think about.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well nobody is forcing you to participate.

Anyway is that wee Czechoslovakian bird not demanding your attention?

End of the day the topic is rather relevant to the subject of the thread in many ways if you think about.

Only Czech's and Slovakians these days fella, did you miss the revolution???!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Naw pal im 42 and 15 years into a relationship with 2 kids in tow, even if i had the time, i don't know if i would have the inclination for other women these days.

Plus if i did want Czech birds there is always broadband, as long as i mind to wipe my history before the Mrs peruses it.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Oh, strange reply, I was only talking about the difference and split of Czech with Slovakia, you appeared to not know the old Czech had a revolution in your last reply. Are you trolling me or do you realise they are two different nations these days?

ETA
I'll let that stay and say sorry man, didn't mean to be so blunt.
Just massive difference Czech/Slavak, deep friends with both lol

edit on 16-10-2017 by TJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TJames
Has this thread become a whine about social housing in Scotland now? Wow that escalated quick.

Aye an whit aboot it likes ?

hahah just joking

It escalated as soon as someone dropped the Thatcher grenade in a forum with Scottish members then quickly left the discussion hahah.

aye well it does seem rather relevant given that post Brexit I may not be able to afford this rent and have to move elsewhere to find better pay and cheaper rent. Or post Brexit im moving into a better apartment who knows!

Isnt that the most worrying part in all of this , not even our own government , who are supposed to have all this accounted for know what the # will happen. Its telling because they normally dont panic unless their pockets are in trouble! If it hit's their pockets badly then what does that mean for the people of the UK?

The fact is we have some how allowed this to happen is incredible , how did we even get to this point.
I mean I know things go in cycles , so when was the last time something like this happened in politics and how did that turn out ?

edit on 16-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not trolling anyone, to be honest, i simply forgot regarding the regime change.

Fact is you are the one calling working class people lazy and workshy which could be considered trolling.

But like i suggested try it in a Pub and see what happens next, they working class salt of the Earth peeps will troll you right out the door and proceed to educate you as to just how lazy they are.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I'm not trolling anyone, to be honest, i simply forgot regarding the regime change.

Fact is you are the one calling working class people lazy and workshy which could be considered trolling.

But like i suggested try it in a Pub and see what happens next, they working class salt of the Earth peeps will troll you right out the door and proceed to educate you as to just how lazy they are.

I say the same in the pub, I'm just as blunt and in your face about my opinion of lazy Brits. No need to act all hard like I'd get a beating at your pub lol, I'd face it and be honest, I'm just as honest in my local pub...full of lazy bastards.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
...maybe you are too scared to call lazy bastards out when chatting in the pub?

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I dont know about you but , who can afford to sit in a pub now a days anyways?
I havent been in a pub for a pint in a while costs far too much money to go out for a drink
before I've blinked i've spent 100+ on going into the City.
I used to go out clubbing alot that was my luxury in life, as were other things like some digital subscriptions etc
I've had to cut back alot , I havent been clubbing in almost a full year. In previous years ive been downsizing to chosen events etc picking my nights out rather than just going along to the club I love every weekend or month end.

You speak as if Scotland and other parts of the UK are just laiden with lazy lathargic fat council estate tracksuit wearing oafs who are recalcitrant benefit sponges.
Where as the fact is that the country is full of working class people keeping things running.

edit on 16-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Naw mate with an attitude like that any Pub in the land would suffice, unless it's a Tory knocking shop.

But you are perfectly aware of that which is why you don't do it i imagine else you must just go about Pubs looking for fights.

Not me acting hard, that would be you calling hard working people lazy and workshy. x

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"maybe you are too scared to call lazy bastards out when chatting in the pub?"

Put it this way all my scars are on the front of my body.

Let's just say i would not be so stupid as to ever come away with such a ludicrous provocative statement in any Pub.

But apparently, you do so tell you what, pics n some vids or it did not happen.

By the way i wont accept screaming at pensioners playing Dominos.

Go and tell some big workie covered in muck sitting sozzled after a Friday shift that he does not work hard enough and let the mist descend. LoL

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Oh give it a rest with your whining. I'm the same in real life as here on ATS, and yes I've got the scars to prove it.
You sound like 70's kids, my pub is harder than your pub bull# lmao, I've got more respect for dodgy Dave the coke dealer than you whinge bags, at least he works for a living without crying the world owes him a favour.

Yes I have the same conversations in real life, and yes I call lazy bastards out when they whine that Britain is so #. 3 million EU nationals prove you wrong, but carry on whining and acting hard lol

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Well i was born in 75.

As to sounding like something, you sound like someone who disrespects the common everyday British working class Man(and Woman) on social media sites by way of your disparaging, disrespectful comments for kicks.

Why i can only imagine.

Are you sure that wee Czechoslovakian birds not brainwashed you somewhat?

That's if she not inflatable.

Like i said go tell it to a workie, they will solve all your problems for you in one fell swoop.

And on that note, ninite, sleep tight, dina let the working class bite. X

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Oh behave, I'm a 'worky' myself, if you mean person who uses tools and sweats while using them.
And yes, 3 million EU nationals are testimony to lazy Brits who won't do the work...I say it on ATS, I say it on sites, and I say it in the pub.
Lazy bastard whining Brits, too many of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I've got more respect for dodgy Dave the coke dealer than you whinge bags, at least he works for a living without crying the world owes him a favour.

he doesnt work , he doesnt do # all , doesnt contribute to society, only encourages negativity.

all he does is cut coke by 1/3 , in fact he probably doesnt even do his own cut
coke dealers are notoriously lazy people.

You were banging on about hard work and paying taxes and not complaining , yet you have more respect for those who already don't do anything in the first place.

As far as I am aware humans have been complaining about better pay ever since employment was invented
so its par for the course for everyone to want better pay.
As someone who is legally entitled to hold the government to account for better pay I will "whine" until i'm blue in the face.

Hopefully it never gets so bad that you'd have to leave your self employed status and return to the private /public sector as an employee. Me and every other person working for government are out there working hard to ensure services are in place so this country works and protecting our employment rights so that god forbid one day you need to be employed your rights are still in place to protect your employment in the future, or the for the future of your children if they should end up working for the man!

So please excuse me if you are offended when I say "you can take yer face for a #e"
telling me I'm whining.
Hahhaha

nae bother mate

edit on 17-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Ye ken there are more of you lot doon there than there are up here , so who is more work shy?

Of course there are but you get the picture it does seem like Scotland has always had a relatively lower rate of unemployment in recent years compared to the rest of the UK but that is just normal since we have like 1/10th the population of the rest of the UK

here are some stats

Region al labour stats

edit on 17-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I say it on ATS, I say it on sites, and I say it in the pub.
Lazy bastard whining Brits, too many of them.

Being honest and realistic you really don't want to go saying anything like that the more north you go in the UK. You'd get seriously in trouble in pubs in the midlands. To be honest pubs just attract dic#heads anyway mate, avoid them. To many knobs looking for trouble and breweries too who want to take the money out your pocket. Four bottles of Captain Smiths from Tesco is a much better bet these days. Too many idiots in pubs. The older you get the more this becomes apparent.

On your lazy Brit thing it's the system that's at fault. Why should people work in a job when they can get more off the state staying at home? I'm a worker but I can see why people get disolusioned with a system that protects the upper class while keeping the working class chasing a very small and rotten carrot. Foreigners do work very hard that's true, but wouldn't you do the same if four years in the UK can be you a couple of houses in Bangladesh etc? It's not just wages either, I know one company that only employs Polish women to do their packing. The manager told me it's not just their hard work that gets them the jobs, it's also the fact that Poles don't go down with dodgy injuries and make claims against the employer or fall sick. He says they just do the job, turn up everyday and there's no comeback with them.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join