It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - ‘No deal’ planning is well under way, says Minister

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Supermarkets are really strange places to work. Tried it at that one called Safeway when it still existed. Blimey it was horrible. The management were horrid. Did they do it to you? Like bully you? They were really nasty sort of to the point of being threatening. First day one came up to me and called me loads of nasty things, never even seen this guy before and only been there a few hours. Maybe they are better to work at nowadays

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TJames

I feel like A ken your bird already , heard enough aboot her!

want to just give me her number based on the way this is going.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

hahah clearly you've never been to the reduced isle in Asda toryglen or Tesco in southside Glasgow at that time
its full of foreigners standing next to the poor supermarket employee peacefully trying to do their job as hundreds of bargain hungry shoppers fight over the reductions.

It's no surpise either that they place the romanian/ polish/ foods near those isles.

The poor reduction employee is surrounded by about 50 people.

oddly enough all wearing velour

Yes its just the same here in the Midlands. maybe it's a sign of the times or something. Can't remember it being like it ten or twenty years ago. People round here had good jobs though back then that paid good money in the mines, pot banks and steel works. Now most people are om minimum wage working in warehouses. So it's sort of natural it's got to this level. To be frank if you've ever seen those aid trucks that open their doors to the starving in Ethiopia etc on the news then its very similar to that. Makes you wonder where we are going these days.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thankfully I have a garden at my flat , and I can grow some of my own produce, there is also a local community growers coop at my bit where you can volunteer to help grow crops and you can take what you need etc.

My maw n dad are semi retired and have a wee bit of land , so if things get really bad I can always become self employed and move there with them.

Im not sure what sort of lifestyle you think I lead as a government employee, Im one of the lowest paid government employees going, as I said, bin men get paid more than me , doesnt exclude me from taking my grievances to my union to ask for better pay when its due.

Remember my taxes also bailed out the banks not just yours

the grass is always greener so I hear.

edit on 16-10-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
Emigration may be the only option. Been looking at relocating to southern part of Africa if things get really bad. At least you can get a proper house for some reasonable amount of dosh over there and if Islamic terror in Europe gets really worse in the next twenty years at least the southern bit of Africa will escape that. Plently of land over there to grow things. It could be time to jump ship very soon if the SHTF over here big style.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

well I was thinking somewhere along the equator in case of second ice age, somewhere away from tectonic plate lines
somewhere about 500M sea level .

Got to plan for any future environmental disasters, desertification , radiation , floods, extreme weather protection is key in planning for future. The ride just started to get a little bumpy.

Need arable land for farming, and somewhere outwith any future conflicts.

However choosing an area which has one of the potential disasters attached to it means less people as well

Greenland never gets hit by meteors either! but glaciation would be terrible

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Yes, they tried all sorts of bully tactics like implying your next 6month work contract might not be extended unless you were willing to turn up for 2am shifts and deliveries, that was at Sainsbury's back in the early 2000s.

Did not call me any names or pass derogatory comments though. If they would i have to say i would have cracked them one in the puss, as no job is worth having the proverbial Vagina taken out of you in such a fashion.

Can't imagine our Supermarkets are any different these days, probably worse really. Tell you this they don't stack their shelves or treat their customers the way they used to.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

well I was thinking somewhere along the equator in case of second ice age, somewhere away from tectonic plate lines
somewhere about 500M sea level .

Hahaha that's funny. Must admit never taken a second ice age into consideration.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Brexit, the comedy gift that keeps giving.
From farage etal promising we would stay in the common market and cameron stating we would have to leave as part of some project fear, became project fact overnight and the reason brexiteers voted leave.
Free movement of a billion Indians is scaring the kippers, the curry chef argument lol.
Dressing no deal as the EU's fault is adorable, it's fortunate 52% hinge their lives around conspiracy and lies because the rest of the nation are collectively laughing our arses off at the brexit rhetoric now, while horrified that the country is prepared to torpedo itself financially because some people got scared over African refugees.
I'm sure cameron and other conservatives embrace the notion pigs don't have to have their ears pierced however.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Think the staff were very anti including the management as we were temping there for a month. Local Pertemps had sent in elctricians in for so said time but they finished early and the supermarket insisted on having them there for done deal time so my local agency offered it and it was on those leccy wages as that was what they were paying out and was twice what the permanent shelf stackers were on. A good number for a few weeks but a horrid experience into how the top bullies the bottom into servancy. Bang on re the shelf stacking, ain't like it used to be

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Garmanarnar

Countries had it. To be honest the way things are going there will be even more radical politics coming up as people move that way with what has happened to this state and what will happen now oli drying up and the banks are going EU. Things look really concerning these days. If there is one place I can see the Nazis emerging again its here in the UK

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I feel like A ken your bird already , heard enough aboot her!

want to just give me her number based on the way this is going.

Haha she's a crazy passionate hardworking eastern European, I struggle to handle her strength! Fantastic cook as well, probably explains how she can afford party weekends, not spending loads on micro meals at Iceland but cooking with ingredients.
...proper catch crazy cat, but scary and needs managing carefully at times PMSL!

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

"Lazy and weak Brits"

Problems run a hell of a lot deeper than laziness, and weak is something that our nation has never been.

But don't worry if the Tories and Brexit have there way we will all be a weak as kittens soon enough.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Lazy and weak Brits"

Problems run a hell of a lot deeper than laziness, and weak is something that our nation has never been.

But don't worry if the Tories and Brexit have there way we will all be a weak as kittens soon enough.

Sorry man but all my EU mates show me that Brits are lazy and whining. I can't change my thoughts on that especially in expensive housing southern England. Cheap as chips housing up your way, same national minimum wage, I just think the majority are whining, again sorry, but I don't see the ruined Britain you do...and neither do 3 million EU nationals.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Cheap as chips, really?

A two bedroom rented flat in the Westend of Glasgow will run you £900-£1000 a month. If thats cheap i dont know what you consider pricy.

The only affordable housing in this city is either slums where you really don't want to have to exist, or housing association and/or council properties which are few and far between and quite frankly offered to people on benefits before people in employment.

I would love to take you around say the area of Govanhill at night and show you the reality of the situation regarding the poverty and social deprivation, i think you may find it somewhat enlightening.

edit on 16-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Don't give it all 'enlightened' I've lived many places around Britain, on my own, chasing the coin.
I know loads of lazy bastards, and I know loads like you who say "Oh noes, I couldn't live there", lame as #, I've lived in some rough arsed places and first thing I've done is clean the street outside me, meet the locals, and get on with it.
ATS Brit world is a lot of whining as far as I see it. And yes, 3 million EU nationals prove y'all are just whining.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Aye my girl is like that too , but totally worth her weight in salt !

I dont even own a microwave!

I wouldnt leave Scotland, despite the poor salaries and pish weather its #ing beautiful here! (ootside the cities)
Even when I go on holiday I miss the green and the rain. (weird I know)

The majority of Scots are hard working and always have been, it was only once we started losing our public services and publicly owned trade , publicly owned industries that we started to see the rise in the benefit generations.

My friend works with disadvanteged youths in Glasgow, and she has reported that there is a growing number of young people from impoverished areas whom having been into the judicial system for minor criminal offences then find themselves going out to commit small offences to put them back into the judicial system so they can survive , because when pressed for their logic , advised that they found it easier and cheaper to live imprisoned than to get a job earning minimum wage. Your bills are paid for you , only thing you need to worry about is being stabbed or raped and you already face those challenges on the outside of prison in Glasgow anyway.

It's mental that some young people would rather take their chances in prison by committing a series of minor offences which amount to theft , avoiding personal injury or damage to any "body" and stick to corporate/retail theft.
I couldnt believe it, that people are driven to such lengths in order to get by.
Of course this is just a small amount of people less than 1% of the population but still the very fact it happens is an indicator that society is degrading.
Then we have the more obvious indicators, the food banks! and that is more than 1% of the population.

I mean check this # out it's absolutely shocking

Trussell - End of year stats

The government have a lot to answer for , we are the ones out there working to pay taxes to ensure the system stays afloat , but the system isnt working for us, but against us.
So of course im going to speak up about it at every opportunity and that includes striking for better pay for me and everyone else. Also fighting for your employment rights so they remain as rights and are not eroded by some new amendment or act.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'm not particularly whining for myself, whilst not comfortable, me and my family are just about managing to survive. Least i have not be forced to use a food bank yet. Loads of people though are not so lucky.

You do realise that if you were to start calling everyday working people lazy and weak in social situations or say a Pub or the like you would inevitably be handed your arse to play with?

If you dought that fact try it out and see how lazy and weak they really are, just don't do it in the wrong place or it could be stitched, instead of just a burst snib.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh Govanhill , you mean the place where I live hahah !
Aye I stay just up from crosshill train station .

I pay £425 a month in rent , my mate pays the same for a tenement flat in Allison street in the heart of Govanhill
conversely my other mate pays £750 a month for a lovely georgian tenement apartment like youd get in new york on queens drive next to queens park huge apartment.
The variation in housing prices in such a short distance is staggering.

(in reply to T James)
If you do goto Govanhill go doon Allison street its pretty eye opening, I can recommened a few good pubs though

edit on 16-10-2017 by sapien82 because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Buddy, i moved away last year just so i could let my kids out to play without fear of them being abused or sexually assaulted.

Get out mate, you will be doing yourself a por favor big style.

Alison St is a rat and cockroach infested war zone, same with Calder St and many others these days.

And the fact of the matter is that its that witches Sturgeons constituency no less.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join