It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your most profound/prophetic statement as a child?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I don't know exactly why, but a memory of when I was very young came to mind recently. I guess it has to do with recent events, but I can't be sure.

I was sitting with my father watching the news on television when a thought occurred to me and I just blurted it out. "I wish a had a gun that when you shoot people on tv they die in real life." My father asked why. I said, "Because I could get rid of the bad guys because they always put the bad guys on tv, not the good guys." My father asked me how I felt about that. I answered, "A little scared."

The news story was about a guy who was suspected of murdering a couple teenagers in a forest preserve not far from our house. I was convinced that there had to be a lot of people like that because they were in the news all the time. I wondered why the news had to tell me that. I would have been perfectly happy had I never known about that guy or the many others like him.

My parents gave me the same rules as every other kid on the block. Stay in the neighborhood, don't talk to strangers, come inside when the street lights come on, etc. It's not like I didn't know there were dangers out there. But I didn't need it jammed in my ears all day every day. It really made me wonder why they insisted on reporting those kinds of stories over and over again. It obviously didn't change anything.

Even as a young child I think I had the idea that TPTB wanted to make sure I was at least a little bit afraid all the time.

So, that was my observation through the eyes of innocence. What was yours?
edit on 8-10-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I think telling my mom that the church "made no sense" was potentially my most profound statement, in which she followed suit by saying it "made no sense to her either, she finds God in nature."

Kids are absolutely the target of the elite, they want obedient slaves, not an awake, powerful, balanced, creative collective humanity.

Every authority we externally encounter is there to set up the inner authority that could be called the inner judge, healing that space within ourselves is critical in this fight against the corrupt in this world.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmSunday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

"I wish a had a gun that when you shoot people on tv they die in real life." My father asked why. I said, "Because I could get rid of the bad guys because they always put the bad guys on tv, not the good guys."

That was brilliant.

I have such a gun, its called a remote.

"Pew, pew, pew..."

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Mine was, "Can I get another sundae." To this day I still haven't found anything as satisfying as a good hot fudge sundae.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I was fourteen, it was about 2003. Bush and Putin are close and relations are good.

Putin said at a memorial for the fall of the USSR that the fall was the greatest tragedy of modern humanity.

I wrote a paper that outlined his old KGB background and said he would try and bring back the glory of Russia to some extent, maybe even invade a few countries like the old days...

I got a C because my teacher found it outlandish. Haha.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My daughter once said.

Whenever I clap my hands, I clap.

I thought it was a good one.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Well said.

I remember asking how I was supposed to believe in something I couldn't see. The answer was, "Other people saw it and you should believe them."

Uh huh.... I found my faith anyway, but wow...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Haha...well that gets them off the tv...but I wanted them out of the neighborhood for good....lol

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Ice cream and fudge...yup.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How precocious of you, seeing through the fog like that...

I think you nailed that one pretty good.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I love it!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I complained about the way they were treating the animals in Stockyards when we were down in Iowa at one when I was a kid. I would say that was sort of radical at the time. My father said they kill them quickly and cows were dumb animals. I wasn't about to argue with him, it is a long way back to Yooper land if you are walking and are about ten years old.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yup, my dad was a charter member of the "I will turn this car around right now..." club.

That kind of reminds me of an episode of Sienfeld when Kramer got into a fight with a monkey at the zoo. The keeper told him he should be nice because the monkey was just a dumb primate. Kramer yelled back, "So am I !"

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I remember riding in the car with my mom and older brother heading out Christmas shopping.
John lennons song "imagine" came on the radio.
That was the first time I ever heard the song, I was 9 years old.

I said to my mom after the song was over, "somebody's gunna shoot him"
My brother laughed.

He was assassinated two days later.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: intrptr

Haha...well that gets them off the tv...but I wanted them out of the neighborhood for good....lol

If they aren't on my tv, they can't infect my mind.

I don't wish them dead, they don't have that power over me.

Edit: To answer your question I don't remember anything i said more profound than "choo choo train all gone". I was fascinated by trains , sitting in the car at the railroad crossing was totally exciting.

Your wisdom about what they play on Tv and how you reacted, gives me hope for mankind.

edit on 8-10-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

The first time I ever went outside of the house.

"Is that it?"

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Prophetic in the literal sense? My family is still weirded out that while we were watching the Challenger prepare to launch, I said "it's going to blow up." I was only 2.5 years old so I don't remember it but I guess I was kinda detailed in the description - about 3 minutes before it actually occurred. It comes up pretty often though.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

The first time I ever went outside of the house.

"Is that it?"

"There's no such thing as grownups!?"

That one got me good as I was saying it, and the profound effect it had on me is still hitting.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Wow!

I had something similar happen once but I was much older. It was Kurt Cobain. A friend showed me one of his cd's telling me the guy was going to be huge. I said, "He'll be dead in a year or less." My friend said, "Yeah, probably an overdose." I said, "No. Someone is going to kill him but it will look like a suicide."

I had never seen or heard of him before that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Haha. Sort of like seeing the ocean for the first time. "I thought it would be bigger..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join