It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: New Report Says US Had Dozens of Pre 9/11 Warnings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Five pre-9/11 briefings specifically mentioned al-Qaida's capability for hijackings, according to excerpts from a new report. The previously undesclosed report by the 9/11 Commission says that aviation officials were purposely lulled into feeling of false security. The Bush administration has blocked the release of the full report.

aolsvc.news.aol.com
In the months before the Sept. 11 attacks, federal aviation officials reviewed dozens of intelligence reports that warned about Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda, some of which specifically discussed airline hijackings and suicide operations, according to a previously undisclosed report from the 9/11 commission.

The Bush administration has blocked the public release of the full, classified version of the report for more than five months, officials said, much to the frustration of former commission members who say it provides a critical understanding of the failures of the civil aviation system.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This report needs to be fully disclosed. It is a disservice to all Americans when their safety could be increased by the valuable information these sections of the 9/11 Commission's report can provide. Otherwise, the Bush administration should indicate exactly why they do not want the information in the report disclosed.

[edit on 11-2-2005 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

The Federal Aviation Administration received 52 intelligence reports on al-Qaeda between April and September.

The previously undisclosed report by the commission that investigated the 2001 attacks said the new threats did not lead to increased security.

But the FAA said the information could not have helped prevent the attacks.

Spokeswoman Laura Brown said: "We had no specific information about means or methods that would have enabled us to tailor any counter-measures."

" Intelligence that indicated a real and growing threat leading up to 11 September did not stimulate significant increases in security procedures",
said Carol Ashley.

source: news.bbc

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:24 AM
link   
what's unfortunate for most of us, is that this happened not three or four years ago, but rather three or four LIGHT-YEARS ago. the thing with heat is, the speed of the 'molecules'. in our current, web/sattelite/cell/land-line/broadcast enviroment, the 'molecules' travel at light speed.
if we REALLY want to get a fair system of government back, we must only blink at today's patterns, and rather, focus to construct tomorrow in our mind's eye.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I listened to an eye-opening interview with FBI agent Coleen Rowley on the bbc the other day. (Listen here)

She believes that, contrary to the official line, 9/11 could have been averted (or at the very least delayed and/or partially averted) by simply strengthening cockpit doors. And if she had been taken seriously in the first place, there would have been plenty of time to get that done.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The 'I told you so' line must be miles upon miles long by now. Both of these stories (the one within the main story also) are just shaking. Is there anything (other than an election) that Bushco can pull off and get national news hammers on him?

So very, very sad.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't we already know this?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Yes, but now there's more detail coming through...it appears that the truth is even more appalling than any of us could have imagined.

That interview with the FBI whislte-blower sent chills up my spine...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
first cia released files about nazi connections,
now fbi?
whats is this?
fbi and the cia are cleaning their closests?
ohh, i get it now,
spring is coming!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
source: news.bbc

thanks....
i listened to the right column listed resource
(AUDIO VIDEO)
>report point-by-point<

the message included this blurb: ....'Airline (& FAA) congestion, delays, financial problems in the industry were more pressing problems...'
~~~

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Yes, there have been rumors about portions of the 9/11 Report "undisclosed". But now report commissioners are coming forward in hopes that those important government-sensored parts can be used to their full advantage.

The sensoring in itself is disturbing let alone the inablility to review the important insights the 9/11 Commission has.

new topics

top topics

join