It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Justice Warriors

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country.

Small correction - if TRUMP didn't feed the flames of division.. it wouldn't be a thing. It wasn't a thing.. until he did. Now it's a big thing.. because Trump wanted it to be a big thing. If you don't see something wrong with a sitting President trying to force people to stand at attention during the national anthem, I really don't what to say.

Your idea of a small correction is a distortion of the facts.

Had it been Cruz, Paul or any other non mainstream person beat the corrupt to her eye balls Hillary, the narrative would still be about how the POTUS sucks for you guys. Those guys, if you check, are not on the NFL's side either.

Bernie woulda won in a landslide... Hillary idiot sycophants stole his chance.

Trump was it or nothing else but the lying hilldog.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Okay a thread by a person who is intolerant of people who are intolerant. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. Do you see the irony of your remarks? While I agree that both sides are inflamed over Trump in their own ways, either for or against, I see no need to label people as Social Justice Warriors or American Justice Warriors. All are people with opinions, not a labels. These labels lead to division and hate. labels that create racism and sexism, or religious smears. Embrace peoples diversity of opinion and debate in a way you would with those you care about. Jesus has taught to love and cooperate, not hate. Try to live that and don't get worked up over differences of opinion. Heck, I don't agree with 100% of what my wife thinks either, but I don't rebuke her. I listen and dialogue. Probably why we're going on over 30 years of a very good relationship. I influence her, she influences me. Give and take. Love not Hate.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

We call ourselves Nationalists and we don't care what Communists think!

Can't tell if you were aiming for comedy or if you were serious?

Proud "Nationalists" and proud "Communists" are pretty much two different colors of the same breed of squirrel.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Okay a thread by a person who is intolerant of people who are intolerant. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

Intolerance is one of those things that it is good to be intolerant of.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: fleabit

If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country.

Small correction - if TRUMP didn't feed the flames of division.. it wouldn't be a thing. It wasn't a thing.. until he did. Now it's a big thing.. because Trump wanted it to be a big thing. If you don't see something wrong with a sitting President trying to force people to stand at attention during the national anthem, I really don't what to say.

Your idea of a small correction is a distortion of the facts.

Had it been Cruz, Paul or any other non mainstream person beat the corrupt to her eye balls Hillary, the narrative would still be about how the POTUS sucks for you guys.

Half right. Yes if Cruz or Paul had one the narrative would have been that it sucks for democrats.
But with Trump, it sucks for the world entire, but the entire USA most of all.

How did his boy Rex Tillerson describe it? "He's a effen MORON"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Okay a thread by a person who is intolerant of people who are intolerant. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black.

No it isn't. Intolerance of intolerant people without a cooperate action is no solution and only digs the hate hole deeper. Just being intolerant of intolerance is an additive action and only amplfy's hate. So no that is not a good thing to be unless you follow it up with positive dialogue.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

No it isn't. Intolerance of intolerant people without a cooperate action is no solution and only digs the hate hole deeper.

Nope. By definition they have no tolerance for anyone that suggests tolerance.

They are, by definition, intolerant of people and thinking different to themselves.

they deserve mockery, lest others looking to cave to base and darker angels see their acceptance as an indicator that the thinking is acceptable.

Eff idiotic intolerant asshats.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Consider diplomacy works in many cases. You can't fix every situation, but we all must try. Otherwise we let the earth devolve into hell instead of working to create a heaven on earth.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghaleon12
Funny how you use the sport thing as a prop, to promote an agenda different from the one they are prompting to begin with.

You're just as bad as "they" are as far as I'm concerned. And people wonder apparently how some of the latest trends in America have become so ever popular..

So "social justice warrior" has been in vogue recently, is America Justice Warrior or ajw, whatever, now a new thing? Or just something you concocted in your head? Is it the same or the exact opposite of "social justice warriors"?

Like an ant with a crown people parade these terms around thinking themselves smart or clever. The fake talking points of the politicians have filtered down to the real people.

It is a vehicle by which to illustrate the wayward path we as a country are traveling upon.

Ah, I'm 'bad' - any particular reason why?

It's something I conjured up for a number of reasons. I won't say it's particularly creative, but it seemed fitting - people who enshrine a cloth and a song over people expressing their rights, screaming out for vengeance upon those who 'disrespect' the 'sacred' flag and so forth. It isn't opposite of that, no.

Generations of children have grown up saying a pledge to a flag that was promoted in part by people selling said flags to schools. Americans have been raised to idolize the decor of America instead of learning about its values. Most everyone knows the 1st and 2nd Amendments to the Constitution. Many know the 4th and the 5th. There are another 23 Amendments, however, and I suspect many would not know more than these few without looking it up.

These together with the Constitution that they amend underpins the very framework of our country, yet it's more important to stand in reverence to a flag as people sing its praises?

Look your eyes upon these words, the common shorthand of The Star-Spangled Banner for the anthem:

O say can you see, by the dawn's early light,
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming?
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there;
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

All of it is about the flag, with barely a mention of the country it represents. Coupled with the ceremony, do you not see why I liken it to idolatry?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Nickn3

originally posted by: smurfy

Perhaps it's all about perspective. If MSM didn't feed the flames of division we wouldn't have to care about the player of NFL or whether or not the NG and DOD paying them to show respect for their country. But they do feed the flames and just like last election it becomes a polarizing event.

Are you saying that the media should simply ignore it...thereby no need to discuss it. I guess if they did ignore all, the complaints would be the same...for ignoring it.

I'm saying COLIN KAEPERNICK started this and the MSM piled on. It became a banner event for people who have no dignity or show no respect for the solemn occasion of the playing of the National Anthem. It's simple from my prospective, either show respect for the flag, the county and elected leadership or behave as a piss poor citizen, with no dignity and no class or no self respect. I won't apologize for how I feel. At my age it's just who I am, and I sure as hell earned my opinion.

Why do you suppose the national anthem is a solemn occasion?

Also, it is interesting that you speak of respect for elected leaders, given you wrote this once upon a time:

a reply to: AboveBoard

Its easer to betray a man [Obama] if you have no respect for him.

The thing is, I don't see the flag as something inherently deserving respect; that treads dangerously close to idol territory from my Christian point of view. We are all deserving of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; to that end, I believe as an American that people can act as they want as long as it doesn't harm others.

The moment that an act harms another is where that ends. There is no harm here; onlookers getting upset about a harmless act does not meet that threshold.
It's what the flag represents. And like I've said before if you don't like the national anthem why not just boycott everybody's you know like atbthe Olympus ya know Russia's anthem and Italy's to name two
Prominent ones. The hatred for America is just phenomenal. And supposedly intelligent people don't understand the meaning of symbology. Ya know ya ever see those little signs that have pictures of leaping deers? What do you think those signs mean and why do we have them?

A flag is a piece of cloth; ours just advertises that we're The United States of America. Assigning more worth than that to it is missing the point.

What you see as hatred for America is blinding you to the truth: it's an effort to improve America. Not all that long ago, we had little selection for who our president was - we didn't have primaries. That changed within the lifetime of people living today. My grandmother was born before women could even vote. Without protestation for improvement - looking at our country's flaws and correcting them - none of that would have happened. With blind devotion to a decoration, it's easy to excuse any injustice or flaw.

You refer to symbolism, not symbology. Partaking in group flag worship is something beyond symbolism. I mean, look how many politicians wear flag pins these days. They do that to get people to vote for them, not out of any reverence for our country.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

This right here just proves how backward ,in political sense, some of you americans are.

this "romantic nationalism" many of you americans have discovered is an outdated 19 century ideology that was born in Europe.

Who else talks about nationalists and communists anno 2017 ?! Lol

Does it get more idiotic than this ?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

This right here just proves how backward ,in political sense, some of you americans are.

this "romantic nationalism" many of you americans have discovered is an outdated 19 century ideology that was born in Europe.

Who else talks about nationalists and communists anno 2017 ?! Lol

Does it get more idiotic than this ?

Ever hear of Brexit? They wanted control of their country back.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
Lol. People need to stop blaming MSM for everything. Kaepernich has been sitting down or kneeling during anthems since 2009. 8 years later no one is really following his example, they even considered not letting him play...then Donald Trump opened his mouth, said some outlandish sh*t, as he does. And BAM suddenly everyone's got a dumb a$$ opinion about anthems and kneeling.

I don't see how kneeling is disrespectful to the flag, first responders or soldiers? Especially since a white US Marine is the one who gave Kaepernich the idea to kneel during the anthem. He told him that soldiers kneel to respect their fallen brethren and that it would be a more symbolic than simply sitting down.

If you think Kaepernich kneeling has anything to do with disrespecting the flag, the country or the troops and you're first thought isn't that he's protesting the constant police shootings of black people like Philando Castille. Then you probably think taking confederate statues down is changing history, despite the fact that statues aren't for recording history they're for glorifying people. Oh and that, and I'm paraphrasing here, General Lee explicitly said losers shouldn't be glorified because it would only lead to more discord within the nation and that people in the future better not make a f-ing statue of me!

My point is this has nothing to do with MSM. This whole stupid argument is Trump's doing. FOX,NBC,CBS aren't calling up football owners to complaint about a black guy kneeling, the President of the United States of America is doing that sh*t!
I can't tell if him not doing his job is a good thing or not lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman
Lol indoctrinated people chanting "lock her up" in a nation that claims to be all about freedom, equality and rule of law. Crooked Hillary, so she committed a crime? Well god damn why aren't you out there telling someone about this. Ah because you're just another gullible perrot.

6 people in the Trump administration caught using a private server just like she did, but no one cares because they're not the wicked Hillary of the west. Hillary Clinton has undergone one of the longest propaganda onslaughts of any American politician, so I get it when so many people simply associate her with crooked and corrupt or underground child trafficking pizza shop. But seeing as no one in the world, not even the Russians and they tried, has anything substantive on Hillary Clinton doing anything nefarious. The only conclusion is that you're all suffering from mass propaganda, like war of the worlds(1938). You're all a bunch of new jersey farmers shooting at the sky without any tangible proof that there is indeed an alien invasion occurring lol.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Nationalism itself did not exist until relatively recently; so too is the idea that the flag should be revered: 

So you are taking what you believe to be fact and interpreting it in the way that fits your beliefs?

Nationalism started when this nation was born. In relative terms this nation did not exist until recently.

This nation was born of people, my ancestors that wanted freedom from another countries influence. Freedoms that were granted once independence was won from the oppression of outside influences and control.

These freedoms and beliefs were instituted by our forefathers who themselves had a great pride and believed that the nation that they fought for was the right course of action in the making of a free nation.

This is where the American Natonalism began.

nationalism definition. The strong belief that the interests of a particular nation-state are of primary importance. Also, the belief that a people who share a common language, history, and culture should constitute an independent nation, free of foreign domination.

www.dictionary.com...

Without a strong belief in this nation brought to us by our forefathers one could not enjoy the freedoms that we fortunately get to enjoy on a daily basis.

Our flag is a symbol of the freedoms we get to enjoy, it is a symbol of what our forefathers went through to get us to this point in history in which we can enjoy the freedom of expression, freedom of religious beliefs, and the freedom that is granted by our constitution free of outside governments influence.

When one salutes the flag or waves the flag it is a gesture of remembrance and respect of what our nation stands for permitted by the constitution of the United States of America.

One does not need to idolize a flag to pay respect and tribute as to what it stands for.

It is not what I believe; it is simply how it is. Heck, read a dictionary.

Nationalism originated as a term somewhat after the United States was born, actually. It once was much closer to patriotism than it is today. Patriotism is simply love for one's country. That's fine and dandy; to love one's country is to know one's country: its roots, its flaws, its strengths, and so on. A patriot strives to improve his or her country.

However... nationalism goes further - it takes patriotism to the extreme. Nationalists feel their country is greater than all others, that the survival of the nation is worth more than its people, and that any wrong may be committed for the sake of said nation.

For example, if one believes waterboarding is justifiable to protect the country, that person is probably a nationalist - but not a patriot of the America I know and love.

No. The founders of our country believed the states rights and individual rights to be paramount to that of the nation. So much so that the first implementation - the Articles of Confederation - failed: the government was too far constrained to be effective for things like national defense.

A strong belief in the nation is not necessary for everyday living, sorry.

The Constitution primarily grants us protection from the government of our own nation - not outside governments. I can't fathom how you read differently here.

It's a team jersey, save for being mounted on a pole. Sometimes it got used as a tablecloth instead:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Okay a thread by a person who is intolerant of people who are intolerant. Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black. Do you see the irony of your remarks? While I agree that both sides are inflamed over Trump in their own ways, either for or against, I see no need to label people as Social Justice Warriors or American Justice Warriors. All are people with opinions, not a labels. These labels lead to division and hate. labels that create racism and sexism, or religious smears. Embrace peoples diversity of opinion and debate in a way you would with those you care about. Jesus has taught to love and cooperate, not hate. Try to live that and don't get worked up over differences of opinion. Heck, I don't agree with 100% of what my wife thinks either, but I don't rebuke her. I listen and dialogue. Probably why we're going on over 30 years of a very good relationship. I influence her, she influences me. Give and take. Love not Hate.

I see you all over threads talking about people being intolerant, not just here.
Exhibit 1
Exhibit 2
Exhibit 3
Etc...

Seems like you've decided to use this as a crutch for trying to score points, but your use of it is bizarre - almost like you don't understand the definition.

See, tolerance is putting up with things I don't agree with.
You seem to believe intolerance is not putting up with one thing I don't agree with.
What intolerance actually would be, is not putting up with anything I don't agree with.
I tolerate many things, but not all, that I disagree with.

Do you understand the difference?
One would not call someone who doesn't put up with cannibals 'intolerant.'

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

YOU are another naive civilian,who can't grasp military science,so THANK you for your feelings I can't use them against those who are HIGHLY interested in PAYBACK from nation building,since WORLD WAR TWO,and YOUR asses won't stop them,so they created ME and mine so that the lesser capable men can tend to the women folk and domestic affairs,while WE go and implement POLICIES and put out fires with death.
WE USE water boarding as training and OUR people are fine.
YOU'RE lucky they don't go all "PHOENIX " program,Ever see that comedy called "UNTHINKABLE" with Samuel L.Jacson where they will NEVER in HELL show you how they would interrogate a nuclear terrorist ,but instead act like Iraqis without any sociopaths working the tools?
YOU aren't going to be told a DAMN thing , I hear from those who have DONE it back in the 80s .
YES violence and mutilation DO work if one can quickly verify(IT'S A SECRET)The eastern people SUCK as individual combatants so we really don't need wet interrogations for half starved criminals.
WATER BOARDING the wussies IS fine before we shoot them in the head
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7
I've never been physically or mentally up to military service, so I am a civilian, yes.

There are other ways to serve our country, though.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

NEITHER was I, but I didn't KNOW about the organic brain damage I was born with and the lungs were just :deal with epic PAIN instead of a second wind.
WHATS HARD?
I decided I wanted to ,the rules are pointless anyway, once a positive outcome is achievable, to me.
I was DECORATED as any normal soldier.
The TRICK is TURNING off feelings so you don't loose it until later as and you MIGHT make it.
,ITS absolutely the WORST coping skill and the MOST awful traits a human can learn,getting BURNED in while you fight that you NEVER notice,until YOU civilian and they're scared of you.

THEY should thank us for SACRIFICES,not service ,heros or anything else ,THE JOB is killing folks,its NOT supposed to happen.
But WE war ..
edit on 11-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Thankfully members of my family do serve this country and allow you the freedoms you have by their service.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join