It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the President rounds on Senator Bob Corker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Corker almost became Trump's running mate until he met with him. After that, he withdrew and said it was frustrating to even talk about policies with him. It looks like Trump wasn't able to understand.

Trump shouldn't prod Corker since he isn't looking for re-election the guy is free to say what he wants without repercussion.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I love how our president continuously spreads gossip and drama on Twitter! That's exactly what our country needs, more drama and division! A "great agenda" indeed. MAGA!

"The Real World: White House Edition"

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I love how our president continuously spreads gossip and drama on Twitter! That's exactly what our country needs, more drama and division! A "great agenda" indeed. MAGA!

That would actually be the greatest reality TV ever (maybe that's what he wants?).

Let's write a script.

Oh, wait, we're already seeing it.
edit on 8-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

So the same isn't true about the right?

*cough* kneeling during the anthem *cough*
edit on 10/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Abysha

That would actually be the greatest reality TV ever (maybe that's what he wants?).

Let's write a script.

Oh, wait, we're already seeing it.

I'm still thinking Trump views his own position entirely different than the rest of us do. This is the Trump show, dammit.

And I'll say it again... I think we will be a much better nation in in a decade or two because of his existence. Good or evil, competent or toddler; he's waking America up on "many sides" and the majority of us are seeing all the "sides" for what they are.

He'll go down an anti-hero in history books. Like Alex Delarge from Clockwork Orange. The world was better for knowing that kind of person is a possibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I'm still thinking Trump views his own position entirely different than the rest of us do.

Of course: he's egotistical, narcissistic, and he's FN nuts.

And I'll say it again... I think we will be a much better nation in in a decade or two because of his existence.

I actually said the same thing here last year: he will be a learning experience of what to never happen again in this country.

He'll go down an anti-hero in history books. The world was better for knowing that kind of person is a possibility.

A possibility. One can hope.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Pretty much. I wonder why we have a reality TV star as president? It's not like we've had (scripted) reality TV drama crammed down our throats for the past 20+ years and have become addicted to it or anything. *wink wink*

Looks like everything went exactly according to plan for those in power, take advantage of our addiction by putting Trump in office and then make him spread what we're addicted to like wildfire and thus divide everyone down party lines like never before. It's working pretty well so far, they've even got millions cheering it on as if it's the best thing ever, believe me.
edit on 10/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You talk as if Mr. Trump's ONLY experience and accomplishment in life was as a reality TV star. That's ridiculous. He was the Executive Producer of Celebrity Apprentice, so your description of him merely being a reality TV star is a bit disengenuous.

Donald Trump is soooo much more than that. He is a highly successful businessman and developer. He was the president and chairman of The Trump Organization. The Trump brand is one that is internationally known and made him one of the richest people in the world. He is a renowned builder of major projects all across the world.

He is also an author and has had an informed interest in politics for decades. He is well educated and from a family also highly intelligent and educated.

He has a unique style and personality, but I believe if he is successful at exposing and draining the corrupt cesspool of a swamp in Washington, D.C., he has the ability and potential of being one of the greatest most successful presidents we have ever had.

edit on 8-10-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

To be fair, this is politics. People on the right wing constantly attacked Pres Obama as merely being a community organizer, even though he'd also been a lawyer, an elected State Senator and an elected federal Senator before running for the US Presidency.

ETA: And how can I forget that he was also an author?
edit on 9-10-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You talk as if Mr. Trump's ONLY experience and accomplishment in life was as a reality TV star. That's ridiculous. He was the Executive Producer of Celebrity Apprentice, so your description of him merely being a reality TV star is a bit disengenuous.

Donald Trump is soooo much more than that. He is a highly successful businessman and developer. He was the president and chairman of The Trump Organization. The Trump brand is one that is internationally known and made him one of the richest people in the world. He is a renowned builder of major projects all across the world.

He is also an author and has had an informed interest in politics for decades. He is well educated and from a family also highly intelligent and educated.

He has a unique style and personality, but I believe if he is successful at exposing and draining the corrupt cesspool of a swamp in Washington, D.C., he has the ability and potential of being one of the greatest most successful presidents we have ever had.

Yes... four chapter elevens later and he wins the White House. If he could squeeze in a chapter 11 for the rest of us, I'd vote for him in 2020.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

To be fair, this is politics. People on the right wing constantly attacked Pres Obama as merely being a community organizer, even though he'd also been a lawyer, an elected State Senator and an elected federal Senator before running for the US Presidency.

And he was a decent voice of America:

And a decent voice of Reverend Al Green (swooooon)...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Even more juicy stuff. Today (Sunday), Corker did a radio interview with the New York Times & they just released an article about it. Here are a few quoted from the article:

Senator Bob Corker, the Republican chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, charged in an interview on Sunday that President Trump was treating his office like “a reality show,” with reckless threats toward other countries that could set the nation “on the path to World War III.”

Mr. Trump poses such an acute risk, the senator said, that a coterie of senior administration officials must protect him from his own instincts. “I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it’s a situation of trying to contain him,” Mr. Corker said in a telephone interview.

Without offering specifics, he said Mr. Trump had repeatedly undermined diplomacy with his Twitter fingers. “I know he has hurt, in several instances, he’s hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out,” Mr. Corker said.

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens ‘World War III’

And remember, this isn't just some random dude saying this stuff. This is a sitting Senator from his own party who also happens to be the Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Relations. This is absolutely nuts! Though to be fair, I wish the NY Times would just release the full audio from the radio interview.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
The point of this thread? A President tells it how it is, works with me. You have a problem with that? tough?

They are so used to being lied, sleezed and catered to, that anything else freaks them out.

There is some ideal fantasy of the way a potus should be and act for them.

Almost like a god or something to worship, instead of a guy who wants to get things done for the people of the USA and not play party politics.

Call em' all out no matter what side they work for.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

You talk about Trump as if he's someone who shouldn't be criticized, calling him "Mr." and everything. You've really taken a big swig of his kool-aid.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

White lie? Are we trying to pretty this lying bastard habits up?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Yes he did. Straight out said that trump lied. Trump said Corker begged him for an endorsement. He also said Corker wanted the S.O.S. position. Which Corker denies .

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Of course...

link   

Of course...

link   

Of course...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Trump and the truth are complete strangers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join