It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the President rounds on Senator Bob Corker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Senator Bob Corker "begged" me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said "NO" and he dropped out (said he could not win without...
..my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said "NO THANKS." He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!
...Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!
twitter.com...

Here we go again , someone upsets the Donald and in true Trump fashion the President goes into full attack mode on twitter and possibly tells another white lie , responding to the attack Bob Corker's chief of staff has a different version of events.

Corker’s chief of staff, Todd Womack, said Trump called the senator last Monday, asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek re-election in 2018, “and reaffirmed that he would have endorsed him, as he has said many times.”
uk.reuters.com...

Bob Corker himself responded by saying “It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care centre. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”

Given past history I know who I'm more inclined to believe.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Bob Corker himself responded by saying “It’s a shame the White House has become an adult day care centre. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning.”

Well, he didn't deny it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Senator Bob Corker "begged" me to endorse him for re-election in Tennessee. I said "NO" and he dropped out (said he could not win without...
..my endorsement). He also wanted to be Secretary of State, I said "NO THANKS." He is also largely responsible for the horrendous Iran Deal!
...Hence, I would fully expect Corker to be a negative voice and stand in the way of our great agenda. Didn't have the guts to run!
twitter.com...

Corker’s chief of staff, Todd Womack, said Trump called the senator last Monday, asked him to reconsider his decision not to seek re-election in 2018, “and reaffirmed that he would have endorsed him, as he has said many times.”
uk.reuters.com...

Given past history I know who I'm more inclined to believe.

Me too.
A career bullsh!tter Corker or first time bullsh!tter Trump, who gets attacked by everyone no matter what he says?
I will go with Trump.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I love how our president continuously spreads gossip and drama on Twitter! That's exactly what our country needs, more drama and division! A "great agenda" indeed. MAGA!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
With Trump, count the statements he makes for each side of his view then take best of 5 or 7. Then see what his staff states what he actually said.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Trump's endorsement has already been shown to be less than its weight in gold , the assertion that Corker decided not to run because he couldn't get the great one's blessing seems a bit silly.

Trump and the truth are not strangers but neither are they always seen together, he isn't a first timer either.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I love how our president continuously spreads gossip and drama on Twitter! That's exactly what our country needs, more drama and division! A "great agenda" indeed. MAGA!

The left divides itself because they don't know how to handle opposing views.

The my way or I'm gonna freakout and lose my sh*t mentality is very unbecoming.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The point of this thread? A President tells it how it is, works with me. You have a problem with that? tough?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

The point of this thread?

To once again highlight the instability of the man at the top.

A President tells it how it is

This President tells a version of how it is , we find out latter if it's a true version.

You have a problem with that? tough?

I do have a problem with it and yeah I guess it is.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Lots of pretty pictures on his twitter account, It's a wonder he doesn't have his old mate Milo's singing video on....I wonder why?
Worth a thread on it's own maybe!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The left divides itself because they don't know how to handle opposing views.

Hi from the center. That was true until trump and his babies came to power. It's great he really equalized the sjw movement by becoming the opposite form of snowflake.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wonderful news! I don't like Corker or Trump, so I hope they make this dramatic.

The political neophyte attacks sitting Senators from his own party then can't understand why the Senate keeps narrowly voting against his proposals. lol Common sense would say "Hey, make peace with your powerful party members and they'll be more likely to push your initiatives". Instead, he doubles down on the attacks. So far it's been McCain, Rand Paul, Rubio, Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Murkowski, Susan Collins, and now Corker? And I might have even missed some. lol

Oh yeah, and Corker's the sitting Chairman of the powerful Committee on Foreign Relations. You'd think that a president that supports immigration bans, a potential trade war with China, and a potential hot war with North Korea would want the backing of the Committee on Foreign Relations. (facepalm) It's almost as if they could help out his administration with the laws, policies, and procedures that affect our relations with foreign countries.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Someone got butt hurt and retailiate ?
Sounds like the Don was spot on...current tense
Left Corker "cryin in his beer"....
Then , oh yeah , remember when....past tense

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I thought people on the left loved the idea of a transparent government but now not so much, why not?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
I thought people on the left loved the idea of a transparent government but now not so much, why not?

What's this have to do with government transparency? And what does this have to do with the Left, seeing as both Corker and Trump are Republicans?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I said the people not the gov.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

You mean Trump, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Best, and most accurate, response, ever.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I said the people not the gov.

Ok, so what does this Trump vs Corker verbal skirmish have to do with government transparency? I don't understand what your comment has to do with this current situation, much less the fact that it seems like you're shifting attention to the left when this has nothing to do with us.

Meh, actually don't worry about it. It's not important anyway. I'll just keep an eye out to see if trump responds again lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Typical LAWYER response about an outsider here,I'm not impressed by such simple wits.
edit on 8-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join