It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,200-Year-Old Stone Inscription Tells of Trojan Prince, Sea People

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Byrd

This place is just down the road from me ...neat spot

We should do a thread on fossils some time!

posted on Dec, 11 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I know nothing about fossils other then they are neat and easy to see at Joggins . I suppose they can be found all around the Bay of Fundy as I have seen a few in other places . I usually go for the tides and the lobster

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I always understood that the Sea Peoples were the Phoenicians who originally came from Crete and ended up in the Levant as Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiggyTiger
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I always understood that the Sea Peoples were the Phoenicians who originally came from Crete and ended up in the Levant as Palestinians.

Then you misunderstood.

Harte

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I don't see how you can claim that when no one really knows for sure. They may well have been an amalgamation of groups. I have spent a considerable amount of time studying the topic, whereas many on here don't seem to have even heard of them before. The Phoenicians were known for their seafaring ability, particularly in warfare. Middle Eastern records state that the Sea Peoples invaded the former Canaanite area, now Palestine and set up cities there. The people now living in those areas have genes linking them to Crete.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I don't see how you can claim that when no one really knows for sure. They may well have been an amalgamation of groups. I have spent a considerable amount of time studying the topic, whereas many on here don't seem to have even heard of them before. The Phoenicians were known for their seafaring ability, particularly in warfare. Middle Eastern records state that the Sea Peoples invaded the former Canaanite area, now Palestine and set up cities there. The people now living in those areas have genes linking them to Crete.

The Egyptians clearly state what groups made up the Sea Peoples that attacked them. Given that the Egyptians were well acquainted with the Phoenicians, and the Phoenicians are not among the Sea Peoples groups named by the Egyptians, it's safe to say that the Sea Peoples were not the Phoenicians.

Harte

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

"They came from the sea in their war ships and none could stand agaisnt them."

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The various gropus making up the Sea Peoples:

The name "Sea Peoples" is used for an ill-defined group of peoples which included the
Libyans (who were settled by Ramses III in or near the eastern Delta)
Lukka (perhaps the ancestors of the Lycians)
Teresh (Tursha or Tyrshenoi - possibly the Tyrrhenians, the Greek name for the Etruscans; or from the western Anatolian Taruisa)
Shekelesh (Shekresh, Sikeloi - Sicilians? [9])
Ekwesh
Danuna (sometimes identified with the Danaoi of Homer's Iliad )
Shardana or Sherden (Sardinians ? [9]) - feared as pirates
Tjekker which were settled in Dor according to the Tale of Wenamen
Peleset (Philistines) after whom Palestine was named

From Egyptian inscriptions:

The mortuary temple of Ramses III at Medinet Habu has the following inscription, though some doubt that this is more than a modified copy of that of Merneptah:
The countries /// ///, the [Northerners (?)] in their isles [11] were disturbed, taken away in the [fray (?)] /// at one time. Not one stood before their hands, from Kheta [1] (xtA), Kode [2] (qdj), Carchemish [3] (qArAqAmSA), Arvad [4] (ArATw), and Alasa [5] (ArAsA), they were wasted. [The]y [set up (?)] a camp in one place in Amor [6]. They desolated his people and his land like that which is not. They came with fire prepared before them, forward to Egypt. Their main support was Peleset (pwrAsAT), Thekel (TAkkArA), Shekelesh (SAkrwSA), Denyen (dAjnjw), and Weshesh (wASASA). (These) lands were united, and they laid their hands upon the land as far as the Circle of the Earth. Their hearts were confident, full of their plans.

Source for both quotes.

Harte

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Peleset were the Philistines. Despite your certainty, the jury still appears to be out on who the Sea Peoples were - at least among academics.

posted on Dec, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Peleset were the Philistines. Despite your certainty, the jury still appears to be out on who the Sea Peoples were - at least among academics.

WE don't know who (all of them) were.
The EGYPTIANS knew, as I showed you.

We know for a fact that the Egyptians were well acquainted with the Phoenicians. The Phoenicians are not included in the list of the groups comprising the Sea Peoples - written by the Ancient Egyptians that were attacked by them.

So, the Phoenicians were NOT the Sea peoples.

You academics will agree with that as well.

Harte

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join