It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3,200-Year-Old Stone Inscription Tells of Trojan Prince, Sea People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: audubon

FWIW, now that it's been raised, the anonymous "Sea People" are just one aspect of a greater puzzle, known as the Late Bronze Age Collapse. You can guess what that means just by the title alone. All the early European civilisations around the Mediterranean Sea suddenly upped and vanished.

Coupled with Santorini Island volcano explosion, that could have caused a large Tsunami, maybe...

Exactly! this is when planet x last passed (i.e. The santorini eruption) also Niagara falls was created then (3600 years ago) and we have tree rings dated to the same period either side of the Atlantic, off the coasts of the UK and the US east coast. This was a global deluge!

So we are almost about ready to go through this again, it is also now not currently safe to be on the coasts! Tell a friend!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for 'the sea people's' Op? Phonecians no? Red heads also..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

This was a global deluge!

So we are almost about ready to go through this again, it is also now not currently safe to be on the coasts! Tell a friend!

I dunno about Planet X. An asteroid or comet strike could occur anytime, we are overdue. If it did strike the earth more than likely it would be an ocean strike, more than likely affecting those near the coast most.

Don't hold your breath though. More than likely we will die of natural causes, like addiction or disease, from 'pollutants' in one form or another.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

Sounds like Nordic raiders, Proto-Vikings. Maybe it was a celtic federation of tribes that settled in northern and western Europe that used to be raiders and had well developed maps as well as navigational aids. Then the Celts (druids) got raided by Vikings or just traded with them and the vikings took that knowledge and technology and followed their footprint.

Seafaring people that went long stretches invading the known world.....sounds familiar.

So yeah, my guess is Celtic people (Druids) traded and raided in the BCs, lost their sunstones and maps, then generations later they were rediscovered either by them or other people. Then this knowledge eventually fueled the Known Viking expansion.

edit on 10 9 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

originally posted by: intrptr

FWIW, now that it's been raised, the anonymous "Sea People" are just one aspect of a greater puzzle, known as the Late Bronze Age Collapse. You can guess what that means just by the title alone. All the early European civilisations around the Mediterranean Sea suddenly upped and vanished.

Coupled with Santorini Island volcano explosion, that could have caused a large Tsunami, maybe...

Exactly! this is when planet x last passed (i.e. The santorini eruption) also Niagara falls was created then (3600 years ago) and we have tree rings dated to the same period either side of the Atlantic, off the coasts of the UK and the US east coast. This was a global deluge!

Sorry, no.
There is no such thing as a "planet x" that swings through our solar system.

Niagara Falls began flowing with the melting of the glaciers that covered the area when the last Ice Age began to end (we're still in that Ice Age today, by definition.) May have been flowing before the Ice Age began, too. Hard to tell once the glaciers scrape everything down for a hundred thousand years.

There are tree rings all over the world dated to "that period" and before. So what? Trees have rings, you know.

Harte
edit on 10/9/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The inscription is written in an ancient language called Luwian that just a few scholars, no more than 20 by some estimates, can read today.

Not saying not to trust what these 20 people say it says... but I wouldn't really trust 100% that if I were blind and someone was reading me my bank statements they are totally as accurate as possible... There seems to be a potential for fraud here.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I don't think this is what is being referred to here, but very interesting none the less. Thank you for the video and the information. I've looked it over. I am thoroughly convinced that there is some truth in this and other things I've looked into since seeing a mermaid in June. In my opinion the fallen angels caused all of this inter breeding with the daughters of men spurring all of these "so called" mythological creatures and gods. They are / were very real.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

There is evidence in Egpyt that tell of large swathes of savages and refugees from the Med. sea, they were defeated twice, and never really came back. But a lot of them stayed and integrated into the Egyptian culture and lands. It is sort of like what is happening now, with Europe, but it's a lot less aggressive.
I think what it goes to show is that the sea peoples weren't any specific group, but a number of different cultures and what not just traveling around looking for a new more sustainable place to settle.

It was in a recorded lecture that I first heard of this. I will try and dig it up.
But, here is a reddit thread that can explain in a little detail, it has sources in it.

Also, it's been said that due to disease, famine, and natural disasters caused the sea peoples to group, and then take down Troy, which lead to the downward spiral of the Med. nations, it was like a world war at the time, and the Egyptians put an end to it.

An interesting article on Tribe of Dan (possibly the sea people) is here . If the sea people were merceneries the Egyptians may have eventually hired them to disrupt foreign forces. A relationship similar to that of US and ISIS today. Branding them (ISIS and sea people) as terrorist whilst secretly funding their wars to weaken adversaries.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

originally posted by: strongfp

There is evidence in Egpyt that tell of large swathes of savages and refugees from the Med. sea, they were defeated twice, and never really came back. But a lot of them stayed and integrated into the Egyptian culture and lands. It is sort of like what is happening now, with Europe, but it's a lot less aggressive.
I think what it goes to show is that the sea peoples weren't any specific group, but a number of different cultures and what not just traveling around looking for a new more sustainable place to settle.

It was in a recorded lecture that I first heard of this. I will try and dig it up.
But, here is a reddit thread that can explain in a little detail, it has sources in it.

Also, it's been said that due to disease, famine, and natural disasters caused the sea peoples to group, and then take down Troy, which lead to the downward spiral of the Med. nations, it was like a world war at the time, and the Egyptians put an end to it.

An interesting article on Tribe of Dan (possibly the sea people) is here . If the sea people were merceneries the Egyptians may have eventually hired them to disrupt foreign forces. A relationship similar to that of US and ISIS today. Branding them (ISIS and sea people) as terrorist whilst secretly funding their wars to weaken adversaries.

There is a theory out there - by some academics - that this is what actually happened, only it was the Phoenicians that hired them, rather than the Egyptians.

Not a single Phoenician site was ever raided by the Sea People, and Phoenicia became the breadbasket of the (known) world after the raids impoverished other regions.

Harte

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

While quite interesting, I'm suspicious of this translation because the names aren't consistent and don't sound anything like any reported Trojan name even allowing for language differences. And I think we've come across this institute before and it's basically being run out of one guy's basement.

I'm reserving my judgement but am slightly skeptical.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Great stuff again Harte. So the Phoenician merchants might be akin to todays elite. Using wealth to force their rule on the masses.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I suspect that this was the origins of the lite or creamy colored Libyans, they were allies of folks west of Egypt having no where to go after their defeat by Merneptah, integrated with the locals adopting their language and culture.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: Harte

Great stuff again Harte. So the Phoenician merchants might be akin to todays elite. Using wealth to force their rule on the masses.

Not exactly.
That is, if the theory is correct, they cornered the grain market that way, but didn't "rule" anyone because of it.
They just got richer.

Harte

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just want to say that this is such a refreshing topic. Thank you

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

The Sea Peoples are thought to be responsible for the collapse or the Hittite empire, driving them to a mountain holdout. Curiously, the Sea Peoples skipped over Phoenician settlements in the Anatolia area focusing on Hittites, or maybe not so curious if they had an alliance.

I've always wondered whether the Hittites became the founders of the Roman empire. The first thing is that the Hittite civilization due to two brothers who rule the empire falling out and having a disagreement. Then the Roman empire is founded by two brothers who fight with each other, and end up with one killing the other. The Hittites, Egyptians and other groups signed a peace treaty. So it seems a logical strategy to leave their location, and move elsewhere (Italy) to start a new civilization.

Also, the Hittites were good at building with stone as well as managing water using storage pools and natural streams as well as having military discipline. These are all attributes seen in the Roman Empire.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I KNEW it WE were Discovered BY TROJANS!
LETS get started on the wooden horses.

Are there any writings preceding Akkadian?

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

HANG on, I THOUGHT it was our deep aquifers geysering from the last pole shift.
Aren't we supposed to be killed by a solar fare or asteroid accompanying planet X?
WHAT use would ENLIL have from destroying us?
NOT to mention if the EARTH is a being THAT CAN be an unknown factor to consider ,maybe we are infecting too greatly and she'll pop her ring of fire,fully.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Excellent post!!

Yes, more history remains hidden... but for what purpose(s)?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

One step further; perhaps these advanced civilizations left because of the rising sea and they knew of the coming inundation. Myriad cities have been found in the seas worldwide. And then we have the Anasazi and inhabitants of Teotihuacan and Machu Picchu, who as you mentioned, bugged out w/o a trace.

Are people always forced to move because of cataclysmic earth events based on a seasonal cycle much greater than the human year?

posted on Oct, 13 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

The Ansazi didnt disappear, when it stopped raining they had to leave, they mostly ended up in eastern nm and west texas, and probably northern mexico as well.
Teotihuacan was a city built to serve the ruling elite. When drought hit the region in the 7-8th centuries the people eventually revolted against the elite, burned and destroyed the temples/civic buildings and royal residences. Then the people went back to what they were doing before blow hard with the temples, sacrifices, taxes and forced offerings showed up, farming and living in the small villiages around the city.
Machu picchu wasnt even built till the just before the spanish arrived and was a summer home for the Inca(Emporer not the people).
What do they have to do with events in the mediterranian more than a thousand years earlier?

posted on Oct, 14 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlissSeeker

One step further; perhaps these advanced civilizations left because of the rising sea and they knew of the coming inundation. Myriad cities have been found in the seas worldwide.

If there are "myriad" cities inundated by sea level rise, maybe you could name a few?

As far as I know, there isn't even one.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join