It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear the Walking Brain Dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I was afraid to try and say anything else. I was trying to belly laugh quietly...

jas

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is what's wrong with life in the us today.

You people are entirely are way to selfish for your own damn good.

All those redundant questions. Want cheese with that...and will it be a large...are questions that they are FORCED to ask you. So with you being easily annoyed by redundancy you feel like you have to take out on the people who handle your food. You all realize that one point or another you have ate someone else saliva...or worse right.

You humans walk around not giving a # about the world around you...go to throw your trash away but miss the can and you just walk away from it. You refuse to lay your ass on the seat of a toilet. Nor can you aim. Making a mess beyond belief and just stick your nose up in the air...not my problem....

Disgusting....

Doctors may cure diseases but Janitors prevent them.

You all treat the world like # and you bitch that world is #...

That's my observation of the world and it has more value then your feeble mind can possibly comprehend.
edit on 8-10-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: I can

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
A word of warning....smart ass

Keep dissing food service people then wonder what that funny taste is when you bite down into that burger

or that "special" chicken nugget they have been saving for that guy that always gives them grief.

Even people in the drive up windows don't suffer fools without a quiet response.

2 Corinthians 11:19 (KJV), "For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."

edit on 8-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Just for this thread ...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie a reply to: olaru12

You may save your contrived wounded sensitivities. There was no dissing in my post. It was a sharing of a true exchange.

By the way, I was a "food service worker" for many years; not at some sort of drive thru or fast food establishment but in a full service environment. I've dealt with hundreds of rude customers and petty complaints. There has NEVER been a time I was tempted to stoop to the disgusting level you put forth in your post. Dignity and professionalism require that one "suffers fool" WITH a quiet response.

There simply is no policy requiring a worker to make sure a customer wants cheese on a cheeseburger.

Jasmine

edit on 10/8/2017 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConscienceZombie
This is what's wrong with life in the us today.

I'm Canadian dude. The rest of your supposition is as accurate.

That's my observation of the world and it has more value then your feeble mind can possibly comprehend.

It certainly comes from the value menu.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Keep dissing food service people then wonder what that funny taste is when you bite down into that burger

or that "special" chicken nugget

Yup.

I'm surprised what we did back when I worked in that industry. Obvious stuff, probably get it shut down now...

Yuck.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

or that "special" chicken nugget they have been saving for that guy that always gives them grief.

Even people in the drive up windows don't suffer fools without a quiet response.

2 Corinthians 11:19 (KJV), "For ye suffer fools gladly, seeing ye yourselves are wise."

And where did I say I dissed anyone. Smart ass and a scripture. If I needed a hypocrite I would have asked in the OP.

Were you bitten by a clown, king or colonel or something?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: olaru12

And where did I say I dissed anyone. Smart ass and a scripture. If I needed a hypocrite I would have asked in the OP.

Were you bitten by a clown, king or colonel or something?

yes bitten by clown...this guy!! btw, that was a generic, one size fits all "smartass" didn't mean to touch that nerve....

edit on 8-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Lucky for me I'm already brain dead and stupid, the chances of running into someone even stupider than myself is rare indeed, so generally I'm not all that frustrated, the folks that have to deal with me however, well that's their problem.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The real issue is who the eff would ruin a good cup of coffee by putting cream in it?

What is this world coming to?????

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae
a reply to: ConscienceZombie a reply to: olaru12

By the way, I was a "food service worker" for many years; not at some sort of drive thru or fast food establishment but in a full service environment. I've dealt with hundreds of rude customers and petty complaints. There has NEVER been a time I was tempted to stoop to the disgusting level you put forth in your post. Dignity and professionalism require that one "suffers fool" WITH a quiet response.

Are you aware of how much one is paid to work at some sort of drive thru or fast food establishment?
It doesn't give anyone much motivation for fool suffering.
(and the kinds of retaliations described by ConscienceZombie are perfectly quiet .... you can bet the fastfood worker handing you that special nugget is not going to say a friggin' word about it to you...

There simply is no policy requiring a worker to make sure a customer wants cheese on a cheeseburger.

Getting peoples order wrong gets you lots of flack, in general.
You never know when you will fall upon someone like my husband who actually writes to headquarters because there was no cheese on his hamburger, his fries were small instead of large, or his sunday had nuts on it when he asked for no nuts. The pressure roles on down and falls on the people at the window.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

edit on 10/9/2017 by LadyJae because: hit enter too soon

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I'm all too aware of food service wages. As I said, I worked in the industry for many years. I refuse to believe that one's conduct is directly connected to one's wages. The sort of behavior put forth in your post doesn't come from a lack of motivation. Rather, that sort of base behavior comes from lack of ethics.

I shared an amusing exchange between myself and a worker; not at a drive through but at the counter inside. I didn't share it to "diss" anyone but because I found it funny.

As for your husband's behavior....perhaps you have a need to "school" him instead of me. Just saying (now I sound like my grandson).

Blesings,

J

edit on 10/9/2017 by LadyJae because: wording and grammar

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Watch "Things to Come" or just read about the Wandering Disease...

Predictions of the future

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm all too aware of food service wages. As I said, I worked in the industry for many years. I refuse to believe that one's conduct is directly connected to one's wages. The sort of behavior put forth in your post doesn't come from a lack of motivation. Rather, that sort of base behavior comes from lack of ethics.

I shared an amusing exchange between myself and a worker; not at a drive through but at the counter inside. I didn't share it to "diss" anyone but because I found it funny.

As for your husband's behavior....perhaps you have a need to "school" him instead of me. Just saying (now I sound like my grandson).

Blesings,

J

Wages.. what does that have to do with anything?
Me too. I've been a cook in France for quite a while. My husband, well, I don't share his behavior, but I certainly don't see myself as being in a position to school him- he is an adult. On the other hand, he does not play games being enigmatic with others, so I think his behavior is more fair to workers than the lazy people looking to create problems.

Is it really that hard to say "Coffees"? Or "with cheese", or "no cheese"? Really??

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Wages.. what does that have to do with anything?

I was under the impression that poor wages was a reason for being "unmotivated". If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.

Me too. I've been a cook in France for quite a while. My husband, well, I don't share his behavior, but I certainly don't see myself as being in a position to school him- he is an adult. On the other hand, he does not play games being enigmatic with others, so I think his behavior is more fair to workers than the lazy people looking to create problems.

Enigmatic? Me? Not hardly. Let me be plain: I waited tables for over 25 years...from Howard Johnson's to Peddlar's Steak house to Waffle House. Hell, I worked in a truck stop for most of those years. I made a whopping $2.60 per hr plus tips at my highest paying server job. How's that for low wages? I've been cursed, run ragged, covertly and overtly groped, and I've put up with more than my fair share of rude customers and complaints ...some legit and some not. But at no time was I ever tempted to stoop low enough as to taint my customers' food.

Is it really that hard to say "Coffees"? Or "with cheese", or "no cheese"? Really??

No, it really isn't, and I don't have one problem with doing so. But then again, is it really so hard to understand why being asked If you want cheese on your cheeseburger is hilariously unexpected ?

Jasmine

edit on 10/9/2017 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2017 by LadyJae because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
As long as they're polite, they can ask whatever they want to for upsales.

They're just doing their jobs. I do not, however, tolerate impolite, and/or shoddy service. Cashiers talking over me about what they're going to do this evening, or things of that nature are not on, as far as I'm concerned. It also helps if the order is correct...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That would tend to put a damper on all the good feelings, wouldn't it??

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So, you didn't say, "coffee", and assumed they'd know what you meant? Sure, coffee is most likely, but you never know. People order some weird combinations at fast food places.

Yes, though, there are a lot of seriously stupid people working fast food. I do get the frustration. Example; went to a Taco Bell, ordered for everyone. The kids at the time were very picky about their tacos. One wanted meat and lettuce only, another eat and cheese, no lettuce. My order was also no lettuce. The order was taken properly, confirmed on the receipt, but the idjit putting it together didn't pay attention, or couldn't read, or didn't care. All showed up with lettuce. When I complained, the girl who'd assembled it was out n the floor, cleaning, and while I am holding tacos filled with green lettuce, she actually came over, an claimed, looking right at them, that there was "no lettuce" on those tacos!! It took all my self control not to shower her with the lettuce, and the rest of the taco contents besides. The other employees were looking at her like she was crazy.

Just be aware, when feeling impatient, that there could be real issues. The speaker system for the drive-through might not be as clear as possible. Some of them are BAD. The person could be used to people ordering odd things, and complaining regardless. Some do that. The person might actually be that clueless. But there are decent people in those jobs, too, and they have to work, day in and day out, with the idiots, so we should be as reasonable as possible.

When they are really dense, though, I get it! Hard not to be angry!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join