It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear the Walking Brain Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
OP, maybe you pulled up when the shift was changing for that position. maybe they were short-handed and your drive-thru person was also working the front. or tending to an urgent situation.

also, maybe switch to decaf. you sound agitated enough already

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I'm a grandfather Sparky. I've seen massive stupidity...like your post.

you sparkys are notorious for complaining about the dumbest stuff. so dont even get me started about you guys.
edit on 8-10-2017 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Perhaps the McD's employees are stupid because of the contagious nature of having to deal with stupid customers. It's like a diabolical virus....

When I feel my dementian moments beginning to surface, I always feel much better after a visit to any fast food place.

i leave feeling like Michiu Kaku, "the dude" and Hunter S Thompson all rolled into a sarcastic ball of wit.. Then I realize I locked my keys in the car.....
edit on 8-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

It happens to everyone. You're going through your day and come across someone that's colossally stupid. This mornings episode wouldn't have bothered me as much if I hadn't had the same experience with her last Sunday morning. The McDonalds drive thru. I get there and no one is in front of me and I get, "Just one moment." Really? 2 weeks in a row? What are you doing in there other than your job? I order a "medium with 2 cream." Which I have to repeat because she didn't get it the first time...again. And then the WBD moment. "Coffee?" No. I want a frickin Big Mac with two cream. Cripes. How do some people make it through the day?

Everyone comes across these people in any given day. Feel free to vent here.

Yeah, i came across one when i read your OP...

Sounds more like youre having some frustrations, and that youre blaming the people you encounter for youre problems...

So people not acting like you want them to act, are colossally stupid? Why? Because she was busy and told you to wait a moment? or because she asked you if you wanted coffe with you order (which she is properly told to ask people, by her manager) ? Or is she stupid because she had bad hearing and had to ask you to repeat yourself??

Do you know what is colossally stupid? Regularly eating McDonalds "food"... Enough said!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps the McD's employees are stupid because of the contagious nature of having to deal with stupid customers.

I dunno, when I worked in the food service industry while in college, dealing with stupid customers (of which there were a LOT) didn't make me stupid, it made me cynical and condescending.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps the McD's employees are stupid because of the contagious nature of having to deal with stupid customers.

I dunno, when I worked in the food service industry while in college, dealing with stupid customers (of which there were a LOT) didn't make me stupid, it made me cynical and condescending.

I know....

One of my first jobs was working in a Dairy Queen. And besides the realization of just how stupid most of the customers were; I watched the owner of the franchise run one of the most clever scams known to man. That knowledge proved to be one of the most valuable lessons in life I ever learned. Always count your change....

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Cripes. How do some people make it through the day?
With people like you in the way it's sometimes very difficult. Good thing there is alcohol as it helps. LOL

Everyone comes across these people in any given day. Feel free to vent here.
No disrespect intended, i'm just venting.

On a serious side, have you ever work in service like a fast food restaurant? Talk about walking brain dead. It's a s**t job for s**t pay and you are expected to be courteous to s**t people. Try being clear and concise especially when talking through one of those lousy intercoms. It may be hard to hear with your car engine running or while your radio is on. If that doesn't work try tipping $5. It won't take long before they remember you and what you like to order.

edit on 10/8/2017 by Devino because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah at "Checkers" its like you'd think they get commissions.

"I want a number 1 and THATS IT"...
'would you like to make that large?'
"NO"
'would you like to upgrade your fries?'
"NO"
'would you like to try our special treat for the week?'
"NO"
'would you like a hot apple pie?'
"NO"
'would you like to donate to the Clinton Foundation?'
"NO"
I was sure you were going to say YES to the last one.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I never have to deal with this because I am the walking braindead. It's actually a fairly satisfying condition. I don't even have to work at infuriating people. Yay.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Have you ever worked in a drive through? They do have other responsibilities, usually expediting all the counter orders. The one by my house short staffs on weekends, so the girl has to take all the orders, and make change, stock and clean. That's why they wear wireless headsets even when they appear to be just the front counter cashiers. They do both.

The speakers are awful, and if there is background noise or static, it's difficult to hear some people. But aside from that, a requirement of the job is to repeat back to the customer what they ordered...even if it sounds ridiculous. It cuts down on errors and food waste. Never assume, always double check.

Add to that the fact that the registers are computers, so when you finish one order, there's a delay while it updates. So they're taught to advise the customer to wait "one moment please", when that happens, rather than just have dead air.

It can be pretty nerve-wracking. Especially when the customer just assumes you're stupid or bad at your job because they can't see you and everything else you've got going on in front of you, and don't ever consider the possibility because they look down at people like you for being the employee of a fast food joint in the first place.

Just offering an alternative to the automatic assumption that she is stupid. Believe it or not, a lot of those drive thru cashiers are college students who are anything but stupid, just trying to make a living at a thankless job, following the rules that they didn't make.

Hope your day gets better.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Bluesma

Thank you! I thought I was in the Twilight Zone reading this thread.

Is it so difficult to say the word coffee or say no thank you to cheese? Are we that lazy now?

Bunch of entitled brats getting angry over people trying to fill in the blanks of their own lethargy.
Yes but it can be quite entertaining especially if you take Peeple's advice, lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Man, dealing with this aspect of life in this thread. Reading comprehension people. "This Sunday AGAIN." No problem Mon to Sat. Same girl. If ya'll want to get into an insult game I can do that. I'm a master of it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How about the driving braindead?

I can't offer fast food nightmares because I don't generally do fast food, but I do have one from my commute.

So, I'm coming along 635 up to where it intersects I-70, and this older sedan comes flying down off I-70. Thankfully my new hours have me going in just after prime rush in the morning or else this would have killed someone. No joke. I first notice out of the corner of my eye that this car is eating up the pavement, bat out of hell style, and it's clear over on the far side with an entire lane between us. Not my problem.

Then I hear this horrendous noise and really look at it. Not only is this car well over the zip strip on the shoulder, but it has just lost a substantial portion of its front driver-side tire and driven over it! At this point, I am thinking I'm going to have to possible jam on my brakes to avoid an out of control car, possible wreck and prepare to be a first on scene. Oh joy!

But no ...

It's like the tire never even came off. The brake lights never even go on! The car swerves out into the middle lane ... then back onto the shoulder ... then straightens some and proceeds to drive on as if it hasn't just lost a tire. I don't see sparks, so I'm assuming it still had rubber because it was leaving black marks on the pavement, and at this point, I notice that I'm well over 80, pushing 90 just witnessing this driving train wreck.

So, I do slow down and let it fly on down the road eating up the tailpipes of some cars in front of it.

But I've never seen that. I've never seen someone just drive on down the road with a car just coming apart while they do it.

Well, maybe in the movies ...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
How about the driving braindead?

Far too many of those in this city to mention.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Man, dealing with this aspect of life in this thread. Reading comprehension people. "This Sunday AGAIN." No problem Mon to Sat. Same girl. If ya'll want to get into an insult game I can do that. I'm a master of it.

oh no it happened twice, clearly it's a conspiracy to get on your nerves. you're brave to put up with so much idiocy in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

oh no it happened twice, clearly it's a conspiracy to get on your nerves. you're brave to put up with so much idiocy in the world.

Yeah. AND it continues here.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Yeah. AND it continues here.

you're jesus and joan of arc in one, and i am truly inspired

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JourneymanWelder

thats your peeve? people getting your order wrong? wait until you join the real world and have to deal with idiots on a regular basis. what you describe is nothing compared to what i have to deal with. sound like a teenager getting his first taste of the real world. you havent seen nothing yet.

Wait until you join the real world and have to deal with idiots on a regular basis...Intrepid was a MOD for a very
long time and was used to dealing with idiots on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Me: I'd like a cheeseburger and small fries, please

Worker: that's a cheeseburger and small fries. Anything else?

Me: No, thank you.

Worker: Would you like cheese on that burger?

Me: Yes, please, I would LOVE cheese on my cheeseburger.

Worker: That's a cheeseburger with cheese. Anything else.

Me: No, thank you?

True story...just yesterday.

J

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

You should have replied, "No. A cheeseburger, hold the cheese."

edit on 8-10-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join