It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear the Walking Brain Dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It happens to everyone. You're going through your day and come across someone that's colossally stupid. This mornings episode wouldn't have bothered me as much if I hadn't had the same experience with her last Sunday morning. The McDonalds drive thru. I get there and no one is in front of me and I get, "Just one moment." Really? 2 weeks in a row? What are you doing in there other than your job? I order a "medium with 2 cream." Which I have to repeat because she didn't get it the first time...again. And then the WBD moment. "Coffee?" No. I want a frickin Big Mac with two cream. Cripes. How do some people make it through the day?

Everyone comes across these people in any given day. Feel free to vent here.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It happens to everyone. You're going through your day and come across someone that's colossally stupid. This mornings episode wouldn't have bothered me as much if I hadn't had the same experience with her last Sunday morning. The McDonalds drive thru. I get there and no one is in front of me and I get, "Just one moment." Really? 2 weeks in a row? What are you doing in there other than your job? I order a "medium with 2 cream." Which I have to repeat because she didn't get it the first time...again. And then the WBD moment. "Coffee?" No. I want a frickin Big Mac with two cream. Cripes. How do some people make it through the day?

Well first of all, you're going to Mcdonalds. Second of all, people are just dumb these days at fast food restaurants. I've made orders before that could've easily been heard, but I'm always asked to repeat my order an additional 2 or 3 times before the person finally gets it.

Oh, and don't speak with a normal rhythm, its way too much for their brains to handle.

Then one time, I went to Dairy Queen for a smoothie, and the woman literally wouldn't follow the instructions on how to make a smoothie, and I ended up receiving a drink that looked like dirty mop water... mind you, I watched her the entire time screwing up, and when I finally got my drink I called her out on it right in front of the manager.. So I got a free drink.. it was so dumb, and a waste of my time.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
First world problems

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Well first of all, you're going to Mcdonalds.

Yeah but they have good coffee. Tim Horton's old recipe.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Bic Mac and coffee at the drive thru...

I think I'm more afraid of the Driving Brain Dead (DBD) than the Walking.

edit on 8-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sheeple have become Sleeple.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
TRUE STORY:

Me, at Burger King.... I would like a Wopper and an onion rings to go, that's all. The cashier .... would you like cheese with that ?
( I thought I had spoken quite clearly ) I hand the cashier my debit card...... the cashier asks me again do I want cheese ? ( Annoyed, I decide to have fun with said cashier ) I then respond ...... What kind of cheese ? How much will it add to the calorie content of the burger ? Is it real cheese or a processed cheese product ? By now their stumped..... really stumped. I ask if I might have a minute to decide. They look astonished ? I let one of those awkward moments transpire, about 30-45 seconds, meanwhile I reach in my pocket and pull out the contents a couple bolts, a nickel and two quarters and look them over for a few seconds., then replace them back into my pocket, at which point I look up and say What was it I ordered ? The cashier responds with my previous request "a Wopper and onion rings"

I look at the cashieer and then say...... "There you have it" . It only confuses them even more ??? By now the manager comes to the register and asks if I would like cheese on my Wopper ? I respond back ..... I thought I had made myself abundantly clear " I would like a Wopper and onion rings to go" OK?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Upselling is annoying. I give them one because they have to. 2 and I'm annoyed By 3 I'm going off. "I ORDERED A F'N....."

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
TRUE STORY:

Me, at Burger King.... I would like a Wopper and an onion rings to go, that's all. The cashier .... would you like cheese with that ?
( I thought I had spoken quite clearly ) I hand the cashier my debit card...... the cashier asks me again do I want cheese ? ( Annoyed, I decide to have fun with said cashier ) I then respond ...... What kind of cheese ? How much will it add to the calorie content of the burger ? Is it real cheese or a processed cheese product ? By now their stumped..... really stumped. I ask if I might have a minute to decide. They look astonished ? I let one of those awkward moments transpire, about 30-45 seconds, meanwhile I reach in my pocket and pull out the contents a couple bolts, a nickel and two quarters and look them over for a few seconds., then replace them back into my pocket, at which point I look up and say What was it I ordered ? The cashier responds with my previous request "a Wopper and onion rings"

I look at the cashieer and then say...... "There you have it" . It only confuses them even more ??? By now the manager comes to the register and asks if I would like cheese on my Wopper ? I respond back ..... I thought I had made myself abundantly clear " I would like a Wopper and onion rings to go" OK?

I... I must be one of those brain dead, because as I was reading through your story (as funny as it was) I kept feeling sorry for the cashier. Imagining myself in their place, not knowing whether they should take that down as a whopper with cheese or without cheese! Seems like a reasonable and necessary question.

Did you just feel like screwing with someone for fun that day, or what?

-and the OP? Honestly, that sounds like purposefully being difficult too.

Does it take that much energy to include the word "Coffee" in that phrase?
If you've ever worked in a service field like this, you might know that making assumptions is asking for trouble. There are people who purposefully speak enigmatically so that whatever way you choose to interpret it, they can claim it was not what they meant and bitch about it.

Like "I meant a SALAD with two of those creamy dressings! What is it called... Ranch? God, do I have to spell it out for you??? "

Seriously, you learn to insist on details after you've dealt with enough grouchy stressed people just looking for a scapegoat to vent on...
edit on 8-10-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah at "Checkers" its like you'd think they get commissions.

"I want a number 1 and THATS IT"...
'would you like to make that large?'
"NO"
'would you like to upgrade your fries?'
"NO"
'would you like to try our special treat for the week?'
"NO"
'would you like a hot apple pie?'
"NO"
'would you like to donate to the Clinton Foundation?'
"NO"

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Basically Bait and Switch on a 100% scale.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I'd be so stoned every day if I'd have to work at the McDonald's drive through.... I would probably actually serve you a BigMac with cream.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A second time it happened, same BK. That time I pointed to the Wopper in the picture on the menu display and said I want that, just like the picture @ $3 something (whatever the price was) dollars, that's all.

Is there any mystery to the phrase That's all ? End of oratory, end of choice, THAT IS ALL..... I'm sure all of you understand the vocabulary and it's meaning.

I don't suffer fools very well.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
A second time it happened, same BK. That time I pointed to the Wopper in the picture on the menu display and said I want that, just like the picture @ $3 something (whatever the price was) dollars, that's all.

Is there any mystery to the phrase That's all ? End of oratory, end of choice, THAT IS ALL..... I'm sure all of you understand the vocabulary and it's meaning.

I don't suffer fools very well.

Oh, ok. So the Whopper doesn't come in two choices- either with cheese or without cheese?

Here in France everyone must specify which Whopper they want. These places vary from country to country.

At Mc Donalds it's simpler- you ask for a "hamburger" or a "cheeseburger", no need to specify.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

They more than likely drove to work...........that's the scary thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

thats your peeve? people getting your order wrong? wait until you join the real world and have to deal with idiots on a regular basis. what you describe is nothing compared to what i have to deal with. sound like a teenager getting his first taste of the real world. you havent seen nothing yet.
edit on 8-10-2017 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Thank you! I thought I was in the Twilight Zone reading this thread.

Is it so difficult to say the word coffee or say no thank you to cheese? Are we that lazy now?

Bunch of entitled brats getting angry over people trying to fill in the blanks of their own lethargy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I'm a grandfather Sparky. I've seen massive stupidity...like your post.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You're at McDonalds. I wouldn't expect average or above average intelligence from the majority of the workers.

That reminds me of another example: going to the store and the total is, say, $11.25. So, I give the cashier a $20 bill, one $1 bill, and a quarter. She hands the $1 bill back. "$20 will cover it." No, #. I wanted a $10 back. SMH
edit on 8-10-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

a reply to: JourneymanWelder

I'm a grandfather Sparky. I've seen massive stupidity...like your post.

i got more important things to worry about then my drive through order. to each his own though. the only stupid post here is op's post. oh no they got my order wrong! waaa!
edit on 8-10-2017 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join