It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop with the Obamacare nonsense

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

Yes, freeloaders do not like the mandate.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Also plenty of scam health insurance still; don't think ACA changed anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: dfnj2015

They could have easily done away with "scam" policies without 900 pages of law.

And Congress would get more done if it were a military style right wing dictatorship. The 900 page law exists for a reason. When you have a congress you get 900 page bills. Are you against Congress?

Show some backbone for change and state what your position actually is. If a 900 page bill is NOT the answer, what government do you think IS the answer? Or is having NO government your answer. I imagine you are a pro-chaos pro-criminial type person.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

This comes straight out of the horses mouth...

INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY...

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said in an interview with The Washington Post. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

NO CUTS … TO MEDICAID

candidate Trump boasted via Twitter, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

NO ONE WILL LOSE COVERAGE

“We don't want anyone who currently has insurance to not have insurance.”

NOBODY WILL BE WORSE OFF FINANCIALLY

“I firmly believe that nobody will be worse off financially in the process that we’re going through.”

GET RID OF ARTIFICIAL LINES

"We have to get rid of the artificial lines around the states,” Trump said during the second presidential debate.

EVERYBODY’S GOING TO BE TAKEN CARE OF

“I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

Than DO IT!!! Everyone of his planned Healthcare Proposals never fulfilled these statements! Yet Trump supporters still think they can trust his word and believe him to be credible.

Source

Trump also said this about Australia's HealthCare system...

"Our great gentleman and my friend, from Australia ... you have better healthcare than we do," Trump added, turning toward Turnbull.

Trump: Australia has better healthcare system than US

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hitparader
Also plenty of scam health insurance still; don't think ACA changed anything.

You have to laws before you can prosecute criminals. Are you okay with having laws?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

And he was going to drain the swamp too!

Even so, I prefer Trump to Pence.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Start a thread in the correct forum, and maybe we can "talk".

Bye-Bye

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This thread should've been in the mudpit if the OP is going to insult anybody who disagrees with him. Lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I'm a freeloader? # man. Didn't know paying several thousand out of pocket for my direct health care made me the bad guy here. Thought is was all the people who don't pay # because they are the subsidized. You have a screw loose and are the troll. I am no longer going to entertain your method of logic saying the ACA is a fair law to ALL citizens.

I bet you hate the tax bill as well. Have fun with your debate/troll thread, hopefully someone here can shed some light on what is fair to all. If you think some should have it free and someone like me who has to give up an additional $1k of the 5k they let me take home and still pay co-pay and deductible; and still call me the freeloader for opting out of that option. All I can say is # YOU!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
yep, I had seriously crappy insurance. one visit to the er was $5000. all they did was blood work, ekg and chest xray!

Obama made it non-compliant and I was forced to get new insurance. I was grateful because shortly after I needed a procedure that cost quite a bit - my cost $100.

he got rid of the really awful insurance plans. a really good thing people love to over look...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

edit on 8-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Stopped reading after this ridiculous comment. At least you are honest about how you view people-S+F, but stopped reading.

Stop with the Obamacare hate nonsense. I get it that most of you right wingers hate the black guy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Stop with the Obamacare hate nonsense. I get it that most of you right wingers hate the black guy. Obama

I dont hate the black guy, I hate the race baiter.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm a poor person with debilitating health problems that everyone else always like to speak for. All I know is I was paying less for more coverage before Obamacare went into effect.

People always bring up the preexisting conditions and all that other stuff to try and nail their point home. But that's just the bait to get you to take the hook.

Don't get me wrong, the republican arguments to repeal with no real plan to replace are just as toxic, but please stop pretending that Obamacare is this great gift handed down to us from the heavens. Cos it just isn't.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

Great, the only problem with O-care is that it doesn't get to the root of the problem, and that is cost.

North of the US boarder things cost 50% less. I have a sneaky suspicion that the for profit system may not be the best idea/system for what health care is supposed to be about, taking care of sickies not profit increases every quarter. But hell what do I know.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

well it got rid of crap insurance plans.

the price was going up anyway.

I agree about it being a money making racket. especially big pharma - just awful.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

It did not get rid of crap insurance. Now the crap insurance is the norm. With a family of 4 there are 10,000$ worth of deductibles before the super great O-care pays a dime.

But people cheer for different teams, by all means continue.

edit on 8-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

again, the price was going up anyway..

plans have to be compliant now.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Everything you said will be ignored. Reason is because you say that every right winger hates the black guy. How incredibly dumb and annoying that is to hear time and time again.

I refuse to listen to anyone that has your particular view of the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Forget the racist part. What about the quotes in the OP? Oh wait, you are ignoring that part because the racist part is more in line with your idiotic narrative.

Okay, let's forget the racist part and expand on my idiotic narrative. It seems that when poor people couldn't afford health insurance, we all needed to chip in to make sure health insurance companies were able to pay for their health care. When middle class people can't afford health insurance, they are just being greedy freeloaders. That was the gist of what I got from your opening post.

But you did say one thing I will agree with. Obamacare exists in its present form by design. The Affordable Care Act had as much to do with making health care affordable as the Patriot Act had to do with patriotism. It did absolutely nothing to make health care affordable. It didn't lower the costs or doctor visits, hospital stays, MRIs, prescription drugs, or even aspirin. All it did was force people to buy insurance, and it didn't lower the cost of the insurance either. The legislation made no attempt to address the real problem of soaring health care costs. It only insured that those who profit from rising health care costs remained profitable, and that's what it was designed to do.

But that's not my biggest beef with Obamacare. Even if it were to be repealed tomorrow, the federal government still has the legal framework to force people to buy a private product. Thank you John Roberts. Now, any company with enough money to bribe Congressmen and hire PR firms can do the same. My guess is the next industry to be bailed out will be student loans. After all, don't you want to help all those poor struggling students pay off their college tuition? C'mon, don't be greedy. If we all pitch in we can give our money to help college football and basketball programs. The banks that made those loans need their money back, and the printers of college textbooks need their money, too.

So far as calling it Obamacare vs. Affordable Care Act, I recall a quote from Ronald Regan. "They stopped calling it Reganomics when it started working." Well, Regan's trickle down economics may not have actually worked, but the sentiment applies. People will start calling it the Affordable Care Act when it starts making health care affordable.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join