It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying saucers on the beach from a national archive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I found this picture and I think it has to be authentic because it was made back in those days when we used analog cameras.
Now here you see typical flying saucer model and as I started to do a google picture match nothing seemed to be found that would relate to a story behind these pictures.

By further studying the object I managed to see by enlarging it and some shifting in contrast and brightness that it seems to have some kind of portholes.
I made a rendering of what I think it should look like somehow?

Although I did find, what I think could be a similar UFO out of the box dating back to 1952

A famous case examined by the Robertson Panel was the “Tremonton, Utah Sighting” of 1952, where a couple and two children traveling cross-country on State Highway 30 outside of Tremonton saw what appeared to be 10-12 bright shining objects moving westward in the sky in a rough formation. The husband was able to capture some of the objects on film.

The case was considered significant because of the “excellent documentary evidence in the form of Kodachrome motion picture films (about 1600 frames).” The Panel examined the film, case history, ATIC’s interpretation, and received a briefing from representatives of the USN Photo Interpretation Laboratory on their analysis of the film. The laboratory believed the objects were not birds, balloons, aircraft, or reflections, and therefore had to be “self-luminous.” The panel disagreed with the assessment that the objects were self-luminous, believing that if a controlled experiment was conducted, a terrestrial explanation for the sighting would be confirmed.

Source

However, I couldn't find any material related to this UFO phenomenon and what time period this could be all photographed or who the original photographer could be?

Maybe you guys know more?

edit on 0b43America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 07:45:43 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 07:45:43 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 0b52America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 08:06:52 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 08:06:52 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

I found this picture and I think it has to be authentic because it was made back in those days when we used analog cameras.

That is no reason to think the photo couldn't have been manipulated.

Photograph manipulation goes back to WW2 or before

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

That's why I'm looking for an official story behind those pictures.It's placed in a National Archive there should be at least a story to back it up?
Why posting a few pictures without any explanations?
edit on 0b45America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 07:55:45 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 07:55:45 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

oh FFS - thats not a reason to think its " authentic " - thats just a display of your personal ignorance and incredulity

hint - google : " airbrushed out of history " and learn why adobe photoshop is called photoshop

people have been manipulating film stock images since the dawn of photography

the famous " cottingham fairies " hoax is a classic example of faked photographic film " evidence "

i just SMH

ETA :

airbrushed from history

ignore the first example - but examples 2 , 3 , 4 and 5 are all edits of film stock

so much for the veracity of analouge film

edit on 8-10-2017 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Those are like the 'Haunebu III' models.
Google images that search term.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Why posting a few pictures without any explanations?

To sell them.

That is what they are there for.

They are pictures for sale.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Did people from those days ever realizing that those things could be possible, they might as well though they were military craft from the war?

I don't say they are faked, I said to think they are authentical .
Without any story behind it, it's just another set of pictures that have no origin or reference

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

You think it could be WWII German flying saucers?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I can think of a few possible explanations:

First one is that they the pictures are faked by hanging saucer shaped objects from thread, or they were thrown in the air.
These two are the best since the lighting will appear correct once the right exposure speed is selected. Another way is to take the picture and etch/draw something on top, then take a new photograph.

They could be the real-deal. They do look a bit like a SR-71 viewed from below or in front. The one on the left is raised up in pitch. The one on the right seems to have weapons bays lowered.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

My first thought was UFO Frizbies, someone had lovingly crafted and thought would be a neat stunt. it is on a beach and wouldn't be hard to setup.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
a reply to: muzzleflash

You think it could be WWII German flying saucers?

Nope...

My speculation:

The UAP's look like car or truck hubcaps, that were possibly thrown in the air like Frisbees --- Unless they were small sized (1 foot in diameter?) ET UFO Drones buzzing the beach.

Still a good thread OP...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: metalman

It didn't say " Wham 'O " in the OP
Very enlightening thanks..

a reply to: Erno86

My speculation: The UAP's look like car or truck hubcaps, that was possibly thrown in the air like Frisbees

I could find three of them like the OP, but I think the other one is still on the truck I guess?

edit on 0b00America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 10:15:00 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 10:15:00 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

The old Polaroid was easy prey to double-exposure or more, in fact it became quite a fad, probably still is.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't know if it will help, but about ten years ago I watched a video about a secret U.F.O. base off the coast of south America. These look like they may be stills from said videos. I don't know the name of the Video, so sorry I can't help more.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It looks like the location of the picture was taken by a bay estuary or small sea, like the Mediterranean.

My own speculation...about my purported location of a known ET alien Starbase: Calvert Cliffs, Maryland, on the Western Shore of the Chesapeake Bay.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
site is in spanish but i found it: www.planetabenitez.com...
hoax probality: 99%

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Thanks that's all I needed..

Italian /English translation
After the disk had drifted a few miles in a northeasterly direction, Ghibaudi discovered two new dark spots that were moving toward him at dizzying speed from the horizon, in the southeast.
They were two other discs of about 10 meters of diameter, to which soon a third one was united. In particular, one of them showed three clear hemispheres that protruded in their inferior part and formed a separation of 120 degrees with each other. During this, Ghibaudi perceived an intense sensation of heat, became totally excited and believed to be in an intense electric field. He looked around, but could not find anything special.

Indeed, he often had the impression that, from the silent flying discs, lightning strikes struck him. In addition, he felt a buzz of his own at the edges of the flying object. From the luminous glow occasional blackish clouds, like those he had already appreciated when the first of the records arrived. Ghibaudi tried to run several times, but a peculiar fascination seemed to immobilize his legs.

When, finally, he lost his balance, rolling in the sand, two children escaped from there shouting, which they had played at a distance of about 200 meters. Shortly thereafter, the formation of UFOs dissolved and disappeared in the distance. Still trembling with excitement, Ghibaudi got into her car and left for Pescara.
There, immediately, he took to reveal his film and had the first photos in half an hour. They unequivocally showed strange objects, although the strips of the negatives were mysteriously "deformed" ...

A student at the University of Rome had stopped that day in Pescara. And, from afar, he also observed UFOs, as well as the photographer Ghibaudi. He later discovered the journalist's car and, through the window, observed a copy of the newspaper Gazzetta del Popolo. In this way he was able to locate the main witness of this extraordinary UFO case.

Interesting story , so far Now could that story be related to this picture also coming from Italy ?

UFO, flying dishes, unidentified flying objects, also imitations. A UFO over Monte Mario in Rome, Italy October 19, 1954. Some Roman citizens said they were flying the flying dish over the city

Pier Giorgio Caria Holding at the 25th World Symposium on Unidentified Flying Objects and Phenomena Connected to San Marino. Interview with Bruno Ghibauidi, aviation and scientific journalist. From "Mysteries of Rome" 1963 documentary by Cesare Zavattini from his testimony on the phenomenon and shows the shooting of a camel-shaped flying saucer (adamskiano) making evolutions on the vertical of the astronomical observatory of Monte Mario.

Who's They??

Strange though you say it's 99% fake, Mr. Bruno Ghibauidi somehow mentions the US in this story? We are talking after WWII right and All the secrets of Nazi Germany are now in who's hands? You know this guy from somewhere as a grand researcher maybe?

And here we find a few pictures insignificant to the Dutch national archive right? Only a few pictures seem important to archive Why?

I've to say you're quick in presuming that this is fake can you elaborate how you came to these conclusions?
edit on 0b57America/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 13:52:57 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 08 Oct 2017 13:52:57 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly would the benefit be of a saucer shape in regards to flying or whatever it is they're doing?
Seems our modern high tech isn't moving towards a saucer design... Are they?
Why did these objects take on a 50s look in the 50s and not something like this?
blogs-images.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrNeo
Please excuse my ignorance but what exactly would the benefit be of a saucer shape in regards to flying or whatever it is they're doing?
Seems our modern high tech isn't moving towards a saucer design... Are they?
Why did these objects take on a 50s look in the 50s and not something like this?
blogs-images.forbes.com...

The classic 'saucer' shape doesn't have wings, a tail or appendages to shoot-off --- Radar stealthy, and the curved top hull can deflect objects like bullets and micro-meteors. Besides airworthy...seaworthy as well.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

they are fake because they are models suspended on string, you can clearly see that

top topics

<<   2 >>

join