It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolutely disgusting headline CNN asking Does motive even MATTER..?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yes it absolutely matters ! The piece written by Eric Levinson for CNN is quite lengthy and seems to try to influence just on the title wording alone.

Will American people sit back and accept this blatant title& article asking just accept no answers on this sad historical attack on it's people?
edit on 8-10-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

Here is the article: www.cnn.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

To lookey loo's it matters. America is well concerned. Not everyone will have been affected.
I imagine it's business as usual in Las
Vegas today. and the Nation at large. I also imagine that people are tired and sick of the constant News of the event, wanting it to just go away.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Ok so I read the article still don't like the Title!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Here is the article: www.cnn.com...

You got there first, salute
edit on 8-10-2017 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Must be for clickbait because the question was answered in the article.

The answer, according to experts in profiling mass shooters, is that we dig into the motive of mass killings to try to prevent future attacks, adjust policy and -- perhaps most of all -- satisfy our own human curiosity.

However, we're all aware there is only one policy that is in minds to change.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Its all good. I just know people here like linkys.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The motive is important but spending months and months trying to figure it out won't change what happened. The shooter didn't leave many clues behind and honestly the motive in the end was that he just wanted to kill people (if he was the one who pulled the trigger that is).

If we focus too much on a motive that will likely never be figured out then we are putting our energy into something that is fruitless when it could be put towards something that will actually matter.

In my opinion the ambiguity of the shooter and the 24/7 coverage is no coincidence. It's a distraction and they will drag it out for as long as we keep paying attention.

There are more important things to worry about other than something that won't change what happened. Just my opinion though, I don't know why CNN has to come in and ruin everything because now people will probably put even more energy into it just because they said not to.
edit on 10/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I read the article. It doesn't seem to say that motivation doesn't matter. On the contrary, it explores the motivation behind wanting to know the motivation.... why it matters to us.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
the answer in the link was:

...The answer, according to experts in profiling mass shooters, is that we dig into the motive of mass killings to try to prevent future attacks, adjust policy and -- perhaps most of all -- satisfy our own human curiosity.

I guess the 'prevent future attacks' part of the response covers the Question of Whom was the instigator/perp ? which seems to me to be the biggest question of all...... after all, the trigger-man is just a puppet, the 'Brains' will continue to send more Puppets until he/they successfully accomplish 100% of their Goal.

the MSM piece is more of the hash brained ideology having an attitude of collusion with the terrorism/anarchy/sedition forces that caused the LV event And for LV to become just a trivial thing in long list of similar attacks in accomplishing the goal of Taking-out-Trump or overthrowing the civil order of the USA government in a political coup or outright overthrow/takeover (possibly by a former world leader...)

edit on th31150746750208582017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I don't know that it does matter

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

So if it is indeed a terrorist group who is responsible or the "brains" of this, how do we expect to locate their cells? Paddock had absolutely no indicators of any such connections.

In my opinion this whole 24/7 news cycle on the attack is a distraction and the brains behind it (the U.S. government in my opinion) have so far accomplished what they set out to do.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So why title the article like that? If your writing an expose on motive? It puts an idea in your head without even reading the whole piece. Have y'all seen the titles of other opinions look at the zakaria guy on cnn list his titles and you'll see a trend.what is it, whats that common theme you see ?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

edit on 8-10-2017 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: St Udio

So if it is indeed a terrorist group who is responsible or the "brains" of this, how do we expect to locate their cells? Paddock had absolutely no indicators of any such connections.

In my opinion this whole 24/7 news cycle on the attack is a distraction and the brains behind it (the U.S. government in my opinion) have so far accomplished what they set out to do.

A good Start would be to remove All The Obama Holdovers still in Justice & State departments.... the Trumpster is sure dragging his heels in Draining the Swamp

we still only speculate that rogue CIA/ FBI/ DHS units or teams are orchestrating continued Fast-Furious Arms deals or Benghazi type attacks by the prestationed ISIS cells in sanctuary sites/ the MS13 teamed up with Antifa & other radical domestic groups, AQ training for BLM, etc etc....

besides the leftists & progressives & DNC & Action Organization will all claim humanitarian motives to aiding & abetting the wide spectrum of Anarchsts-terrorists-seditionists intent on removing the POTUS & Congress

You assume Paddock was unawares he was a footsoldier for the Enemy-of-the-State...I contend he knew and wallowed in the James Bond-ish lifestyle he fashioned for himself on the black-ops, high-roller payroll he had (this is just fictional speculation...there is no factual Proof)

read up on this sites' theories: www.thecommonsenseshow.com...

edit on th31150746906508242017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So why title the article like that? If your writing an expose on motive? It puts an idea in your head without even reading the whole piece. Have y'all seen the titles of other opinions look at the zakaria guy on cnn list his titles and you'll see a trend.what is it, whats that common theme you see ?

Titles are meant to provoke and push buttons... the idea is that if it does that, you will read it.

Usually you find out it was not exactly what the title made you think.
Hence the reason to hold off on judgement and knee jerk reflexes before you've looked deeper. Discernment is awesome!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

If they say the motive doesn't matter is because the answer might put them in a bad situation or it's against their interests. Biased Media trying to hide
something.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

asking just accept no answers on this sad historical attack on it's people?

Not what the article says at all.

I guess the answer to seeing a click-bait article title is to write a click-bait opinion piece of your own?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Why does motive matter? Because if you want to stop people from killing each other, you need to understand why they're doing it.
59 "likely Trump supporters" (according to CNN, of course) dead and they come out with "why does motive even matter?". I'll just sit back and wait for them to ask that same question next time police end up shooting a black man with multiple warrants who pulls a weapon and tries to attack them while resisting arrest.
Typical CNN leftist nutcase garbage.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

And what happens if we never find out? What was the motive at pulse night club?
What was the motive at Columbine or Sandy Hook?
Who cares what these crazies think? How is knowing why they are crazy going to help or change anything or prevent this from happening again?

I think this is just ignorant hate because you know....CNN ...the presidents journalistic nemisis.

edit on 1082017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

edit on 1082017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join