It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Resistance", at what point is this just wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Simply put, it's "just wrong" if you're NOT resisting most everything this idiot and his supporters are trying to accomplish.

Maybe we'll quit resisting when Trump and his supporters admit that he is unfit to continue serving as POTUS and remove him from office.

IMO, if you're not resisting Trump and his alt-right policies, you are the problem.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Pretty much.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ketsuko

No, it is the "in your face" taunting of the minority that is derailing things. And Obama remains one of the most popular presidents of recent history.... But you still can't bring yourself to believe that, can you?

Well, according to you, I'm still in the minority.

Obama was on the surface a likable enough guy. He had that charisma. Just because people liked him doesn't mean they liked what happened in the country under his watch though.

Because the country going in the right direction numbers were largely negative - 60% or more.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
While I disliked the Obama in the oval office for his utter lack of leadership, he was still my president and though Republicans really showed how useless they are with all the 1 term president no to everything just cause.

Democrats are looking every bit as bad for doing the same exact thing, its not resistance, its Ooo it worked for them so lets do it. (ignoring putting up a candidate so unlikable she lost to a reality tv star)

I wish I could say people will wake up and go third party, but that might just be a pipe dream as millions of intellectually bankrupt people continue to fall for the I have to vote against the other side game.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Trump basically stood up and said "I hate politicians" and enough people said "Me too!"

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Irishhaf

Trump basically stood up and said "I hate politicians" and enough people said "Me too!"

Yeah, and apparently he also says things like "I grab women by the pussy because I can" and enough people said " Me too!"

And he says things like "I think Mexico will pay for a great border wall" and enough people said "Me too!"

And he says things like "Why can't we use our nukes?" and enough people say "Yeah, why not!"

And he says things like "That judge is too Mexican to rule on my case" and enough people say "Yeah!"

Basically the nuts of the problem is the fact that he says things like "I could shoot someone in the middle of Fifth Avenue and I wouldn't lose any voters" AND HE'S RIGHT!

The fact the there are "enough" alt-right voters in this country who are just as ignorant, immoral, deceitful and gullible as Donald Trump, to actually affect the outcome of a presidential election is what we should be both, embarrassed and worried about.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

Yes because it makes more sense to say 61 million people are ignorant savages than to go maybe Congress has become such a corrupt cesspool that people decided rolling the dice on an unknown was better than voting for more of the same corruption that has cosigned the country to a slow death.

Great critical thinking there.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
He wouldn't be elected today and it hasn't even been a year. His approval rate is at 24%. He got in because he was an unknown quantity and Hillary was. So the voter took a chance...and lost. If you've got 44% of Republicans that disapprove of your job performance you're in trouble.

As to this organization, no different than the opposition to Obama. Funny that people that championed it just a few years ago are bitching about the same now.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Trump is flushing them out for us ok.......WE the PEOPLE have to respond...when we see 6-7 figure donations we focus on and remediate the sources whoever they may be....we use our buying power our investment power and social media to cripple the domestic terrorists who have gone beyond opposition and have built a warchest and organisation designed for only one thing domestic terrorism......follow the money trail.....its easy....simply look at our world for inequity ....look for things you KNOW most people you know personally would not approve of that are being openly done in your country........because TPTB fund domestic terrorism by giving copious amounts of money and influence to small special interest groups who cause the majority of social unrest in their selfish quests for unnaturally fast societal changes usually in the form of peer acceptance....and they fund the LEGAL supports who always seem to come to defend these groups who then work with TPTBs inside mole within the legal system to sructure and fraudulently implement LAWS to further embed themselves in power positions.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I don't believe Trump is racist but my problem with him is that he is just controlled opposition a la Emmanuel Goldstein from 1984.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The only thing that can defeat this movement is the death of the PC/SJW narrative.

It is this narrative that gives the movement protection from being identified and dealt with as a true threat... Where naming our enemy, even be it an ideology, can be deemed 'racist/hateful/bigoted/etc.'

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yes because it makes more sense to say 61 million people are ignorant savages than to go maybe Congress has become such a corrupt cesspool that people decided rolling the dice on an unknown was better than voting for more of the same corruption that has cosigned the country to a slow death.

Great critical thinking there.

If you, at the time you voted, still viewed Trump as "unknown" territory therein lies the problem.

Talk about a lack of critical thinking, geez!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
were y'all this indignant when the tea party movement started? just curious.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Oh gee but I did not vote for trump and will not vote for him next time either, 3rd party is my route.

But once again you fall on your face trying to get in a slam, first you mistook me for a trump voter, secondly you are working off the assumption that every single piece of mud thrown at the guy was 100% true, whats that old saying about assumptions... Hmmm.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Awesome suggestion; who are they?

Just go right to the top of the food (manna) chain with Lucifuhrer himself and all his fallen immortal buddies under neath like Chemosh for example.

Going for the mortal errand boys that these guys control is not going to change anything. There will always be another dead-beat who will sell their empty soul for easy money.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I read this article this morning and found it quite interesting.

You make the point that, "And good or bad, he's our president who the system our fore-fathers put in place duly elected as our president. It seems to me that to go against that is going against our system."

This business of "not my President" started with the resistance to Obama; the Leftists have cemented the idea that the "other side or other half" of the country can refuse to validate the results of an election and can refuse to accept the result. And your right, it going against "our" system. I am anti-Leftist, but I no longer support this "system" and I as well reserve the right to disavow any results this system serves up.

One result of the blossoming success of the so-called Resistance is it serves to further weaken the Democrat party; Trump is weakening the Republican political brand and in the final analysis this may well be all to the good because it makes it near impossible for the crooked politicians in Congress to do anything. In the meantime, the States are going their own way, as well they should, cherry picking which Federal laws they will and will not abide by. Meanwhile the Oligarchs in the Corporations and MIC/Deep State are firmly in control, so.........nothing much is going to change.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Not my President started with Bush #2. It was even on bumper stickers. Recall the Florida vote fiasco.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hey, Hillary said we were all deplorable.

Of course, you agree with that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: TonyS

Not my President started with Bush #2. It was even on bumper stickers. Recall the Florida vote fiasco.

Remember after W got elected the second time that enormous social media thing with people posting ashamed photos of themselves holding signs apologizing to the rest of world?

It's not like this is a new thing that only happened because people didn't like Obama.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Trump is an incompetent buffoon, but the other choice was just as bad or worse.

I blame the dems for fronting such a POS for the election and I blame Trump for all the stupid crap he does. The election was a lose-lose, no matter which one won America lost.

People should be very loud in opposing Trump, but they should also take a good look at themselves and admit they droped the ball by allowing Hillary to be the other choice.

There is plenty of blame to go around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join