It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Resistance", at what point is this just wrong?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON — It started as a scrappy grass-roots protest movement against President Trump, but now the so-called resistance is attracting six- and seven-figure checks from major liberal donors, posing an insurgent challenge to some of the left’s most venerable institutions — and the Democratic Party itself. The jockeying between groups, donors and operatives for cash and turf is occurring mostly behind the scenes. But it has grown acrimonious at times, with upstarts complaining they are being boxed out by a liberal establishment that they say enables the sort of Democratic timidity that paved the way for the Trump presidency.

I get that lots of folks don't like him. I get that lots of folks would rather have someone else, hell, I'm one of them, but we don't, we have Trump. And good or bad, he's our president who the system our fore-fathers put in place duly elected as our president. It seems to me that to go against that is going against our system. I seem to remember when groups were gathering to "resist" Obama, they were labeled terrorists and arrested.

At what point does this become a problem? What are the goals of this group? A tyrannical overthrow of the government? Or just furthering the actions that prevent Trump from getting anything done, just in case he doesn't screw something up and gets something right. With donations in the 6 and 7 figures, this is becoming a powerful organization. How powerful they become and what they choose to do with that power remains to be seen, but I believe it's against everything our Constitution stands for.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Its been a problem since the day their corrupt criminal lost .
And as no one will do anything to put a stop to it the problem will only get worse .

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

Senator Mitch McConnel, October 23, 2010.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
They were angry during Obama and the globalists knew it like Occupy Wall Street.

Now the globalists have picked a target for the simple minded people to focus their anger on. These people need to understand that the current system is what is wrong with this world.

Targeting a (enemy) puppet in power will change nothing. They should be targeting the puppet masters.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

You may want to check in with that US Constitution, Amendment I, you mentioned.

There's nothing un-American about opposing the President and his goals.

There is something un-American about suggesting that opposing the President is something that potentially needs "dealing with" or whatever you're attempting to obliquely suggest.

You're suggesting that there was not millions of dollars spent opposing Obama? You're suggesting the the ENTIRE RIGHT WING ESTABLISHMENT including all media and entertainment didn't spend every day between 2009 and 2017 attempting to derail and oppose everything he did?

Trump's issues so far is that he and his party are grossly incompetent. The only ones they have "to blame" for their failures are themselves.

IMO

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Its been a problem since the day their corrupt criminal lost .
And as no one will do anything to put a stop to it the problem will only get worse .

What would you like to see done to "put a stop to it" then?

Who should this effort be directed against?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tristran

Targeting a (enemy) puppet in power will change nothing. They should be targeting the puppet masters.

Awesome suggestion; who are they?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It seems like the people are bad losers and childish in response. Another observation is the one used on death.............. grief, denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Frankly I'm SO SICK of it I proudly and quite voluminously Shout ....Donald Trump is The President of the United States ... IN YOUR FACE.... IN YOUR FACE, in your face........Ah ha..... I'm quite sick of them.

Upon reflection I also realize how dishonest the Dems played and their core values. Which seem to be non-existent.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Soros and Rothschild ... for starters. Neither would I trust in any way. And would dance and pee on their graves.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

There is something un-American about suggesting that opposing the President is something that potentially needs "dealing with" or whatever you're attempting to obliquely suggest.

You're suggesting that there was not millions of dollars spent opposing Obama? You're suggesting the the ENTIRE RIGHT WING ESTABLISHMENT including all media and entertainment didn't spend every day between 2009 and 2017 attempting to derail and oppose everything he did?

Trump's issues so far is that he and his party are grossly incompetent. The only ones they have "to blame" for their failures are themselves.

IMO

Well just wait until your side gets a president. I'll bet our side does three times as much stuff against him/her. (wow, it even sounds childish when I write it)

If this is the game you like to play, there are plenty of kids in the sandbox who are very skilled at throwing mud. Enjoy that.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

IMO

Well just wait until your side gets a president. I'll bet our side does three times as much stuff against him/her. (wow, it even sounds childish when I write it)

If this is the game you like to play, there are plenty of kids in the sandbox who are very skilled at throwing mud. Enjoy that.
AGREED

What comes to mind however is the divide that is arising. A House Divided can not stand.
If we lose this country, it will be our own fault.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
The Resist movement learned from the Tea Party techniques of how to resist the president's policies. Learning how to be good liars instead of bad liars.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You'd think these liberals would hide their paper trail. It's almost as if they're waving the red flag in your face hoping you get outraged.

They'll do anything and everything to make one side look bad, even throwing millions at them. The further people distance themselves from one particular side or the other the more their agenda is pushed forward.

There are a lot of people on ATS that are unknowingly toeing the line they have created over the past few years.
edit on 10/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Donald Trump lost the popular vote. IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE! It is precisely that "screw you I own this country now" attitude that is spawning so much resistance. The fact of the matter is that polls show the overwhelming majority of Americans feel the country is headed in the wrong direction now:

www.rasmussenreports.com...

edit on 8-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

edit on 8-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

Soros and Rothschild ... for starters. Neither would I trust in any way. And would dance and pee on their graves.

You mean The Jooz, of course. It's okay to say that now, isn't it? After all,many Nazis are "fine people."

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I find it ironic how the whole "fake news media" thing has only brought more clicks and ad revenue to them.

"Don't support the lying liberal media!" *posts link to lying liberal media giving them ad revenue*

Anyone else see the irony in this?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Ahh, the hysteria again on ATS.

Their goals are political, they want a different president to Trump.

In the exact same way the Tea Party and Republicans wanted a different president to Obama.

You can start complaining when they start publishing campaign material with Trump and Trump Senators in the crosshairs and talking about taking 'second amendment solutions' to the 'problem'.

You know. Like the Tea Party did.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Plotus

Donald Trump lost the popular vote. IN YOUR FACE! IN YOUR FACE! It is precisely that "screw you I own this country now" attitude that is spawning so much resistance. The fact of the matter is that polls show the overwhelming majority of Americans feel the country is headed in the wrong direction now:

www.rasmussenreports.com...

What you mean the "Donald Trump lost the popular vote, so nothing he does is ever any good or should get done and everything I want is what the country wants" attitude?

And you are aware that the same polls showed the same thing all during Obama's presidency too? Right? And I'll bet you didn't care.
edit on 8-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I think it just shows how similar the two are, themselves and their respective opposition. The roles have done a complete 180 and both sides are unable to see the irony in it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

No, it is the "in your face" taunting of the minority that is derailing things. And Obama remains one of the most popular presidents of recent history.... But you still can't bring yourself to believe that, can you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join