It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astrology by star signs outdated? (change from earth as center to sun as center)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

it's possible that astrology used by magicians and horoscopes is almost all wrong, because the media changed the planetary movement positions and thereby the star signs for us. (from the earth being centered to the sun being centered)

I wanted to get into astrology, cause surely planets influence us and it's important for witchcraft.
Take the sun for example. With more light and longer days we are less tired. Take the full moon and the fish is easier to catch cause its more active. One day my inside was all bubbly for all body parts which didn't hide from the moon by being covered behind a chimney.

What still matches are the astrological signs of the sun and moon, because they can be confirmed by ordinary people, but let's discuss the other planets, for the case they even exist.

Astrology was created long before the puppet show changed the world view from flat earth and the earth being the center to the sun being the center.
To understand how this affects the star signs take a look at an overview at www.theplanetstoday.com...

Now take the following star sign calendar for Uranus. If the earth was in the center, each planet would probably move constantly and evenly distributed through the signs. But with the sun as the center you get odd planet sign changes like these:

Uranus in Pisces January 23, 1920 - March 31, 1927 (7 years)
Uranus in Aries April 1, 1927 - November 4, 1927 (0,5 years)
Uranus in Pisces November 5, 1927 - January 13, 1928 (1 year, jumped back to old sign)
Source: www.drstandley.com...

The problem here is that the effects of astrology have been researched before people used the sun center system. Both our birth signs and the measurement of the current star sign are thereby not up to date with the system.

Is it still releveant to use such a system if the sun center system was real?

To consider the relevance of astrology we need to think of relevant criteria:
1) Magnetic fields / radiation / pull force -> Distance between earth and the planet
2) Earth daytime -> Our position on earth and day/night towards each planet (facing the planet how much)
3) The position of the planet influencing the planet and then in a chain influencing us

Changes from the old view to the new one
1) changed massively - if the sun center model is real, the planet distances should be taken as main criteria consideration for astrology
2) if the sun center model is real, it is very important to consider whether earth is faced to each planet or not, as earth would rotate each day.
3) Still the same, but the star signs for each time changed with the planetary model change

Oh, I wish I had a super expensive telescope and proper claims on how to find these planets to confirm which system is real or whether these planets exist at all.

Perhaps there's a renewed system already or a website which tells us the planetary star signs by the old measurement? Otherwise I'd have to create my own astrology system.. If I could confirm those planets

edit on 8-10-2017 by oneoneone because: making it easier to understand

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: oneoneone

Astrology was created long before the puppet show changed the world view from the earth being the center to the sun being the center.

You know that Uranus was identified as a planet in 1781, right? Before that, astrologers ignored it.

edit on 10/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's just an example. Any planet can be in an astrological sign seen relative from earth.
edit on 8-10-2017 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Maybe you can explain what you think is odd about the orbit of Uranus.
Because so far, I don't understand.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

this is what happpens when 2 delusions collide

flat eathers vs astrologers - a battle of wits between unarmed opponents

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Do you understand the point? Can you translate?
Does it have to do with retrograde motion? Precession?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Wait a bit please, trying to fix the text. Half is missing. Some ATS bug. :|

EDIT: Okay, fixed it.
The example calendar that you can see now shows you that if any planet, here Uranus, can be, lets say stationary, due to slowness and earth moved downwards on its path, then upwards, the star signs of Uranus change in the solar system. While Uranus didn't change, the star sign of Uranus moves in the solar center system, because star signs are relative from earth.
edit on 8-10-2017 by oneoneone because: fixed text

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Ah. It seems to be about precession.

See, because of precession, the astrological signs do not align with the constellations to which they are assigned. Is that what you are trying to say?
www.livescience.com...

Yes. Astrology is bunk. But the Earth is round and it does move around the Sun.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't throw out the idea of planetary effects just yet.

Bio-dynamic agriculture did a lot of work studying the cosmic effects on plants and the earth.

I read a book when I was younger Planetary Influences Upon Plants
A Cosmological Botany

It's a dry old read, yet gives you an idea of how an earth-centric cosmos can exist with the scientific view.

There is also Eugine Kolisko's work; Agriculture of Tomorrow (Download link to free PDF version.) A wonderful book.

The kabalist have probably got a symbolic stand alone cosmos that works fine for their magic. Though the inclusion of the Quilthoth was something they should not have built. Just my opinion there.

Nah, let's not throw out astrology.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: shpelling misstack

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   

No, neither the Earth nor the Sun is the centre - WE ARE. It is charted from our location at the time of our birth.

I was born in Leicester, UK. My exact location was:

52.6306° N, 1.2331° W

I am the centre of my chart. The planets and the Sun are charted according to their positions in relation to my physical location and the time of my birth.

The celestial knowledge of the ancients would surprise you. Though they thought the earth was at the centre they mapped the heavens out beautifully and could predict eclipses, et c.

Modern astrology uses the Ephemeris which is based totally on scientific coordinating. It gives the planets positions for all the dates. We can say where planets will be even in many thousands of years or thousands of years ago.

Astrology is not Science in terms of interaction and meaning, but it is total science on the chart. The charts plot out the heavens in relation to any chosen physical location.

I studied astrology for a long time and learned how to do charts and interpret them the old way by hand and with a calculator. Now there are amazing software solutions for composing charts and interpreting them.

I used to use Raphael's Ephemeris:

en.wikipedia.org...

The ephemeris is a table of the calculated positions of astronomical objects and various other data, usually for a specific time of the day, either noon or midnight. A uniform time measurement is needed to establish accuracy, and ephemerides will use variously Greenwich Mean Time, Universal Time or Ephemeris Time. Historically, the ephemeris was used for astrology and dates back to ancient Babylon. However, ephemerides became highly useful to navigators and astronomers, and were officially recognised by governments from about the early modern period. The first national astronomical ephemeris, Connaissance de Temps, was published in France in 1679. In 1767 came the Nautical Almanac and Astronomical Ephemeris, which is issued annually by the British Royal Observatory at Greenwich.[1]

edit on 8-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatsthisthen

Mh, useful pdf, thanks.

I know the tree of life, but dunno the word Quilthoth, nor does it pop up in search engines. I know Thoth tho, heh.

originally posted by: Revolution9

No, neither the Earth nor the Sun is the centre - WE ARE. It is charted from our location at the time of our birth.

I am the centre of my chart. The planets and the Sun are charted according to their positions in relation to my physical location and the time of my birth.

Yea, that's why "2) Earth daytime -> Our position on earth and day/night towards each planet (facing the planet how much)" is relevant. That's what I meant. The place on earth where you live - whether that place faces the planets. You can use star signs both for what currently influences as well as what influenced you from birth, of course.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Your welcome oneoneone.

The Quilthoth is the evil mirror of the tree of life. Probably a favourite of people like Crowley.

wikipedia article

I would not meditate on such a thing.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Whatsthisthen because: stupid spellchecker

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Astrology was created long before the puppet show changed the world view from the earth being the center to the sun being the center.

You know that Uranus was identified as a planet in 1781, right? Before that, astrologers ignored it.

All nine planets are identified 3000bc in tamil astrology..and earth being middle of the solar systom is just a European thing. No other cultures think like that. Lol

google navakkiraham or panjangkam
edit on 8-10-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Keep studying.

There are solar based astrological systems most notable being the Hindu system.

For traditional western geocentric systems the precession of the equinox has move where the 'planets' fall against todays sky. However the western system is based not on the backdrop of the zodiac. The zodiac is a contruct that always begins (Aries) on the first day of spring.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The sun is orbiting Hunab Ku, Hunab Ku is orbiting???

No such thing as a center. Its just a recursive illusion.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I know a lot about astrology.

What creates it is 2 rings crossing. The equator with the sun's yearly motion (ecliptic) creates the energy.

But you lit something and destroyed something, just from making me think.
Like the 4th poster said, astrology you would think is centered around any individual spot.
The horizon is another circle around you, and where the sun's daily path crosses, creates houses, much stronger than signs IMO.

But there's one problem with this 'individual-center-based' idea, is that the Equator makes a different angle to the Ecliptic depending where you are on Earth. So really, each person the sign's borders would be completely located differently.
I have proven that the signs are there based off pictures. You can see the different characteristics. I am 99% sure

This suggests 1 of 2 things. The zodiac is like a field that surrounds these 2 rings. Even if the 12 signs aren't segmented around you, if they fall into that field, they hold the energy. I have no clue. The other notion being that we are so connected to the Earth since it's so large, that if saturn falls into libra for earth, we feel it ourselves as being libra.

Or maybe there's another way i don't know but the latter thought 'just came to me'.

You brought something to my attention though is that the sun can have it's own rings. If we don't need to be at the center of the earth, and we still somehow feels it's 2 rings crossing where the center would be, then the same notion goes for the sun.

It got me thinking there could be astrological ages where it's in a sign for a thousand years.

The current theory for the ages is IMO completely incorrect. Aries Point is considered where the Equator crossed the Eclpitic (sun path yearly), that point aligned exactly with the Aries constellation 2000 years ago when astrology first became wide spread. All 12 constellations aligned exactly with the 12 Equator-Ecliptic signs. Now that ring crossing has migrated due to the Earth's backdrop changing and moving. They say what creates the ages is this Aries/Libra (ring crossing) point falling into the constellation.
Hello the constellation were just MAPPING points of the signs, they aren't actually significance. People don't understand this.
Cause if you look up when babyloneans learned astrology from Egyptions, they spread it through out the whole globe. 2000 years ago to this day. The constellations they had aligned, at the time, exactly with the signs. Aries point -the start of the zodiac- aligned exactly with the Aries constellation. So it looked like this:
...............(aries sign)->(taurus)
Aries P. -llllllllllllllllllll-lllllllllllllllllllllll-
Aries C -lllllllllllllllllllllll-llllllllllllllllllll-

Besides that there is no way star patterns would have any metaphysical influence. So the constellations were nothing besides tracking points. So that's why the current thesis on astrological ages is IMO wrong.

The past 2000 years however matched Pisces energy in that Pisces focuses on the end, as a mutable sign, what is going to come next. Water- which is heavily spiritual. It just seems like a strange coincedence we are leaving the age of religion to one of love, calmness, awareness, understanding. Which fits with aqua+leo axis.

Because I scroll down for my entertainment feed and people aren't talking about God.
They are laughing and creating things to laugh at it's never ending.

There used to be a more serious time where people shamed gays, went to church each morning.
Where a kid would punch another kid and he would be hurt emotionally and without thinking try to get the other kid who already bolted. Now it's not like that. A kid punches another kid and he doesnt care or flinch and he looks at him in a funny way and says why did you do that. Or "ow".

These psychological changes came so faintly yet steadily that no one even noticed we are living in a completely different perception of existence than before.

So maybe the sun's own signs that somehow we feel, just the same as we feel the earth's energy, can create an age.

top topics

join