It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas, never lets a tragedy go to waste

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
The real question is. What the Eff are you doing watching Star Trek still. Or TV at all for that matter? Should you not be tending to your kids?

Strange post.

Look at the time I posted this, my kids had been in bed for hours. I CAN occasionally do something for myself, even if it's watching a strange version of Trek and drinking entirely too much.
edit on 10/8/2017 by yadboy because: punctuation counts

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yadboy

maybe this :

" message comes from the tourism department "

because they have a staff of proffesionals - that have all the skills , equipment and rescources to put out a message about the city

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You seem very triggered by an advert that's pretty clearly designed to highlight the stories of good that came out of a tragic event.

What world will they live in when I am gone?

Hopefully one that doesn't involve ignoring positive stories in the face of horrible stories.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

this thread is sponsored by :

" dammed if you do , dammed if you dont "

FFS - get a grip

if they had gone with the std " las vegas hype and fanfare " - some other idiot would be whining

The damned if you do , damned if you don't part is a key thing of being a CT.

Police have facts so release information in a quick manner = false flag they are doing it too quick..

Police take a long time to gather facts before releasing them = They are hiding info!!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

You are sort of dodging my point.

You are a grown adult watching a stupid tv show. Maybe turn it off and stop wondering about the tubes message or propaganda?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

You are sort of dodging my point.

You are a grown adult watching a stupid tv show. Maybe turn it off and stop wondering about the tubes message or propaganda?

Not dodging anything, your opinion is that it is a stupid show. I've seen better and I've seen worse. Sorry my choices for how I spend my free time don't meet with your approval. Ask me if it will influence my choices...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You seem very triggered by an advert that's pretty clearly designed to highlight the stories of good that came out of a tragic event.

What world will they live in when I am gone?

Hopefully one that doesn't involve ignoring positive stories in the face of horrible stories.

I wouldn't say "triggered", mostly because I hate that term. I really just think they got that ad out way too fast. That is my real issue, as I said earlier. Just think about it for a minute, even if they produced that in an afternoon, that's awful quick to have that in rotation. Just cheapens the sacrifice those men and women made in my eyes.

I feel like if they just removed the Las Vegas tourism logo and ended it with just the vegastrong hashtag, I wouldn't really have an issue with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I don't know why, but platitudes like "_____ Strong" really bug me. Most likely I am just grumpy and too individualistic, but it is just so fake and "feel good". I think it is the product of Facebook culture more than anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join