It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Las Vegas, never lets a tragedy go to waste

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

The newest television advertisement for Las Vegas isn’t anything like what people are used to seeing from the Entertainment Capital of the World.
No party music. No punchlines.
Just a heartfelt message from one of the city’s favorite sons, former tennis star Andre Agassi.
R&R Partners, which produces advertising and other media content under a contract with the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority, distributed the new spot, titled “Vegas Strong.” It begins airing Wednesday on various national networks, including Bravo, E!, ESPN and ESPN2, FX, Lifetime, TBS, TNT and the Weather Channel.

Las Vegas, never lets a tragedy go to waste

All I wanted was to bend over and pay for the CBS streaming service (as much as I hated it) so I could watch the new Star Trek. But I also get the cold blooded money grab from the city of Las Vegas as well! These people were shot dead a week ago, and the tourist economy is already trying to capitalize on their deaths. Jesus Christ almighty! What the damn eff?!! I have kids that are 12, 10 and 7. The oldest and youngest are special needs. What world will they live in when I am gone?
edit on 10/8/2017 by yadboy because: drunken shizzle

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: yadboy

God forbid a city be expected to mourn. Even if it doesn't go to charity, it's taking up ad space. I don't find it odd the city takes a moment to mourn.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
the new Star Trek sucks anyway

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I never saw advertisements for Sandy Hook Strong or Boulder Strong.
Then again, they're not major tourist/gambling meccas either.

As for what world your kids will live in...it depends on President Twitter and the coming North Korean War.
edit on 8-10-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

'I ❤ Manchester' went viral after the Manchester bombings in May. “Vegas Strong” looks like LV's attempt to create a similar meme to spread across social media.

Is it a bad thing? It takes whatever it takes to put these horrors behind and look forward.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

this thread is sponsored by :

" dammed if you do , dammed if you dont "

FFS - get a grip

if they had gone with the std " las vegas hype and fanfare " - some other idiot would be whining

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
the new Star Trek sucks anyway

REALLY? I'll have to research that. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

'I ❤ Manchester' went viral after the Manchester bombings in May. “Vegas Strong” looks like LV's attempt to create a similar meme to spread across social media.

Is it a bad thing? It takes whatever it takes to put these horrors behind and look forward.

I'm with you there, but answers have been few and far between. Especially straight answers.
Terrorist's dad was on the FBI most wanted list. Terrorist worked for Lockheed, yet no co-workers have come forward. Potshots at fuel tanks, etc., etc., meanwhile everyone is waiting to hear even an msm fabricated motive. Nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Every time I see the word "Strong" in a slogan, it makes me think of Hillary.

Is there going to be a big celebrity concert to raise money, and bash Trump, like they did for hurricane Harvey?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
The real question is. What the Eff are you doing watching Star Trek still. Or TV at all for that matter? Should you not be tending to your kids?

Strange post.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I'm with you there, but answers have been few and far between. Especially straight answers.
Terrorist's dad was on the FBI most wanted list. Terrorist worked for Lockheed, yet no co-workers have come forward. Potshots at fuel tanks, etc., etc., meanwhile everyone is waiting to hear even an msm fabricated motive. Nothing.

Stephen Paddock reminds me of those science fiction shows where a visitor arrives to Earth for a mission, and a complete life history is input into societies' computers for him. Were it not for his brothers describing their childhood together, I'd strongly consider him as an alien who came here to do what he did, for some reason.

He's so mysterious, I started a "Paddock Fits No Existing Profile" thread, several days ago.
Ref: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Investigations run their course and the rest of the city has to find their own peace in their own way.

For Manchester, there was a weekend music festival and the weather was blue skies and hot sunshine. It coincided with a Comic-Con so the centre was full of people in costumes with open air bars and live bands. The train station was still closed for repairs, but everyone was otherwise looking forward and getting on with life.

a reply to: carewemust

Were it not for his brothers describing their childhood together, I'd strongly consider him as an alien who came here to do what he did, for some reason.

I've slowly begun to think there are people who might as well be aliens. There are so many people who seem devoid of their own human feelings while they leech off creating negative emotions in others. Maybe they're psychopaths in the clinical sense and social media is magnifying their presence.
edit on 10.8.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: the owlbear

Stephen Paddock reminds me of those science fiction shows where a visitor arrives to Earth for a mission, and a complete life history is input into societies' computers for him. Were it not for his brothers describing their childhood together, I'd strongly consider him as an alien who came here to do what he did, for some reason.

He's so mysterious, I started a "Paddock Fits No Existing Profile" thread, several days ago.
Ref: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some of the "norms" I work with are actually enquiring about what "the tinfoil hat crowd" I talk to are saying about this because it's so fishy. No cameras, only one picture of the guy, worked for Lockheed, dad was on the FBI most wanted list, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Exactly!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Kandinsky

Fake Paul.
Or was it real Paul still?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   
They usually like to kill themselves immediately afterwards, which seems very convenient!

After you shoot as many people as you can, you will then shoot yourslef in the head.

....yes...shoot many people....then it is time to shoot bullet in my head......

Programmed.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Yeah, OP! How dare you have any interests what with having kids?!?

I just... Wut? Did that make sense to you when you typed it?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX
The real question is. What the Eff are you doing watching Star Trek still. Or TV at all for that matter? Should you not be tending to your kids?

Strange post.

It's called having a life. Spending too much time on ATS is worse. Can't share that with the kids!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the city mourning. It just feels disingenuous when that message comes from the tourism department less than a week after the worst mass shooting in US history. If I felt like this ad (and yes it is an ad) was to pay tribute to the men and women that ran toward danger and helped saved lives, I would have never posted this. But to me it just feels like damage control.

I don't know, just feel like they should let the people who lost loved ones grieve before they try to repair their image. This was truly "too soon" for me. If I first saw this a month after the shootings I think I would feel different about it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join