It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Cold Open: Jason Aldean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Really? If that was you you would have....? I love people that armchair everything, you have NO IDEA how you would have reacted in a shooting, you can speculate all day, but you most likely would have run for cover like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Worst case, he reacted quickly with survival instinct taking over, and didn't think to share a warning. If that's the case, there's a good chance he regrets that if he's a decent person.

More likely, someone in his ear piece just told him to get off stage NOW. At most large scale shows like that the 'talent' is wearing a radio of some kind. The tech team behind the show probably saw something was up and had him book it. They'd have had a better vantage point, and security, to see what was going on. He personally may not have even known exactly what was up at that point.

Speculation since I haven't seen an interview where he said he knew it was a shooter. Correct me if he's confirmed otherwise.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
In another thread I posted This, with some back and forth I don't want to retype. I actually love his music, but have zero respect for him now.

20,000+ people were there at that moment watching HIM, no way in Hell would I run away without yelling a warning as I ran, he at least had a mic for the 2 seconds it would take. My responses on the other post are why. Yes I have been shot at (it's in the other thread) and know how I'd react, panicking gets you dead, a clear head can save lives, yours and others.

If any of you disagree or wouldn't do it, great, good for you. I'm just gonna get a lot sadder for the state of humanity in this world where it is all about "Me" when there's 1000s of people standing there not understanding what happened and you know something dangerous is happening and you don't/won't shout a warning. So sad that so few people see what he didn't do was wrong. But then look at our world today, I guess it is no surprise.

edit on 10/8/2017 by Lilroanie because: oops

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Really? If that was you you would have....? I love people that armchair everything, you have NO IDEA how you would have reacted in a shooting, you can speculate all day, but you most likely would have run for cover like everyone else.

Nope, I am tried an tested. Don't project what you would do onto others. Some of us are really quite brave. You would be surprised how people react. I have had a rifle pointed right in my face before. I reacted with a smirk. It surprised them that I was not scared. They were too scared to pull the #ing trigger though.

The protector always comes out in me. I learned from Christ about laying down your life for your friend. It is something I believe more than anything in this world.

I am a fifty year old guy with lots of experience of life. I know myself intimately.

What a nasty comment to come from you who do not know me from Adam. I metaphorically stick my tongue out at you and pull a funny face.

I once took an American friend up into the Palestinian area on the Mount of Olives and he went to pieces. Good at looking tough, but when the heat is on...well I'll say no more.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Some people feel he should have given a warning to the crowd when he stopped playing.

As someone else said, it was probably someone in his earpiece saying to get off stage. These things are rehearsed and very detailed. It means do not pass go, do not collect $200, just get off the stage.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaileena

originally posted by: Revolution9
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Some people feel he should have given a warning to the crowd when he stopped playing.

As someone else said, it was probably someone in his earpiece saying to get off stage. These things are rehearsed and very detailed. It means do not pass go, do not collect $200, just get off the stage.

Apparently the guy did know. He admitted it. I know you want to believe that he is not a coward, but actions and all that!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState

originally posted by: Kaileena

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Kaileena

He said almost exactly what Trump said and everyone applauds. Yet when Trump says it he gets critiqued.

Well, Trump is a .....I won't say moron. I will say intrllectually challenged?

I'm not one to constantly jump in and defend Trump or praise him until I'm out of breath, but really? You "won't say moron" but will go with "intrllectually challenged" I assume you meant intellectually challenged, unless this was one of those covfefe moments. If that is the case, then I apologize for my error.

This "intrllectually challenged" man is a billionaire, reality TV star, real estate mogul, author, beat out the best the Republicans had to offer, and the all mighty high priestess, best candidate ever Hillary Clinton to become one of the most powerful people on the planet. Doing so in spite of his bankruptcy issues, failed business plans, grabbing women, Twitter posts, being called a racist by almost every news outlet available, and losing the popular vote, he STILL became the President of the United States of America. You can say many bad things about this guy, but "intrllectually challenged"(your spelling) is not one of them.

That was mainly humor in reference to the Rex Tillerson debacle as of late. And yes, it was a typing error.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Yea i have to buddy, and was trained to and have run towards the fire. I am saying most of the world would run away like he did.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: Kaileena

Give me a break. He has a lot of nerve appearing on national TV, after I'm sure a lot of victims families wish he never existed.

I have read a lot of dumb things on ATS but this honestly might win the award for the lamest thing ever said on this website..

Congrats!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've been on my share of stages as a musician and pretty damn sure my response would have been the same as Jason's and that is to exit stage any way possible, like right F'n now. I would not have been standing front and center telling people to run. Machine gun fire has a way of getting your attention real quick, not much time for rationalized thinking.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join