It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNL Cold Open: Jason Aldean

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This was so American, I cried. Jason Aldean sings Tom Petty's " I Won't Back Down"

edit on 8-10-2017 by Kaileena because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2017 by Kaileena because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaileena

He said almost exactly what Trump said and everyone applauds. Yet when Trump says it he gets critiqued.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Give me a break. He has a lot of nerve appearing on national TV, after I'm sure a lot of victims families wish he never existed.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Goosebumps.
πŸ€—πŸ€—

I taped it... sorry DVR'd it.
Not a country music dude, but i loved this.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Why?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

He said almost exactly what Trump said and everyone applauds. Yet when Trump says it he gets critiqued.

Well, Trump is a .....I won't say moron. I will say intrllectually challenged?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

Give me a break. He has a lot of nerve appearing on national TV, after I'm sure a lot of victims families wish he never existed.

Victim's families wish Jason Aldean never existed? It was a music festival with several acts, not a Jason Aldean concert. What you said makes no sense.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Goosebumps.
πŸ€—πŸ€—

I taped it... sorry DVR'd it.
Not a country music dude, but i loved this.πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

I saved it. It was great.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Cold opening.
So if something was said; i have not seen it other than this music video.

S&F

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Can't watch in Canada

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Wut? Are you seriously blaming Jason Aldean for the shooting? Because that's what it sounds like. I gotta say, I never saw anything in the media stating that Aldean forced people to attend that concert that night. Sounds like people were there because they wanted to be there. Blaming a singer that was on stage when the shooting started is just... wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Some people feel he should have given a warning to the crowd when he stopped playing.

I must admit if that was me I would not have gone off stage without telling people,

"Guys, there is a shooter. Take cover", or something like that. I could not have left the stage without warning the people.

I guess that is the gripe they have. It was not his fault. It is a heat of the moment thing. Certainly not his fault.

I guess this reminds us that we must warn others if we see danger of any kind. I would try to do that in any situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Wow, you must really hate America.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kaileena

originally posted by: norhoc

Well, Trump is a .....I won't say moron. I will say intrllectually challenged?

I'm not one to constantly jump in and defend Trump or praise him until I'm out of breath, but really? You "won't say moron" but will go with "intrllectually challenged" I assume you meant intellectually challenged, unless this was one of those covfefe moments. If that is the case, then I apologize for my error.

This "intrllectually challenged" man is a billionaire, reality TV star, real estate mogul, author, beat out the best the Republicans had to offer, and the all mighty high priestess, best candidate ever Hillary Clinton to become one of the most powerful people on the planet. Doing so in spite of his bankruptcy issues, failed business plans, grabbing women, Twitter posts, being called a racist by almost every news outlet available, and losing the popular vote, he STILL became the President of the United States of America. You can say many bad things about this guy, but "intrllectually challenged"(your spelling) is not one of them.

.....EDIT.....

I read through my reply and realized that I may have come across a little harsh in my comment. I want to be clear that I was not trying to insult your intelligence by pointing out the spelling error. I was trying to convey the irony of the spelling error when it was a post about another person's intelligence. I was more or less using it as an example on how we all make mistakes, and occasionally do or say stupid things, and that does not mean we are not intelligent, just human

edit on 8-10-2017 by RainyState because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Huh? Are you under the influence of any controlled substance?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ironic song to cover when he ran offstage the way he did.

I don't really blame him though, that was some scary stuff. Just opposite of "stand my ground, won't back down".

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Can't watch in Canada

Considering its SNL, probably not a bad thing, and you aint missing much. Certainly it is not what it used to be.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Yea he did dart off that stage rather quickly didn't he? Almost like he knew what was happening as everyone else stood around after 3 volley of gunshots before they decided to flee.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So intellectually challenged people must be critiqued for saying something the non-challenged agree with?

Your reply reads like a Trump response.....

Edit* Amy Alkon's theory on confirmation bias, is very befitting of this thread.

edit on 8-10-2017 by shefskitchen because: a podcast that applies to the current difference of opinion, started playing in the background.

edit on 8-10-2017 by shefskitchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What do you base that on? The guy has succeeded at everything he has ever done. You can not like him all you want, but I do not think he is a moron at all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join