It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump... Jesus, man... really?!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Well it wouldn't be so bad if they thought highly of him with his response to their well being since the storm. I'm not in Puerto Rico and I havent experienced that type of loss by losing everything and I have food and water, a lot of them dont. I can't say how I would feel so I'll let them speak for their self.

Any Puerto Rican's here or have family there? How do they feel about Trump's remarks?
edit on 7-10-2017 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Hillary

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down

Packin' hot sauce in a purse and putting on a crappy southern accent apparently worked - it must be the 'in' thing when it comes to manipulating bonding with the TV watchers.

I didn't vote for Hillary.

Care factor = 0

So predictable.

Care factor = 0

Posts in a thread you don't care about factor = 2

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The man is a F#ing MORON, and an embarrassment to Americans on a daily. The world sees him as a laughing stock.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Being a US territory, would it be proper to pronounce it like a Puerto Rican or an American or both?

Serious question, not yanking your chain.

Someone will get offended either way.

Like "he don't care about us in mehico, he can't even say mehico"

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The man is a F#ing MORON, and an embarrassment to Americans on a daily. The world sees him as a laughing stock.

Actually, the world does not see him as a laughing stock . Many admire what he is trying to do for his country.

You sound like those bitter women from The View who think they know what the whole country or world thinks... and they are so wrong.

Now that is serious tunnel vision.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Being a US territory, would it be proper to pronounce it like a Puerto Rican or an American or both?

Serious question, not yanking your chain.

Someone will get offended either way.

Like "he don't care about us in mehico, he can't even say mehico"

Do you talk like that when you order at a Mexican diner to your hispanic waitress? Do you say "bur-rrrrr-r-r-r-itto, please"?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

It's gotten to the point where if you criticize Trump for anything, you get labeled a snowflake Hillary-bot but... holy crap.

Why would he think that putting on a thick Puerto Rican accent is respectful to a people he's already let down in a tragic time? Is this the cherry he wants to put on his Puerto-Rico-tone-deaf sundae?

When I became old enough to avoid going to family reunions and Thanksgiving dinners, I thought the days of putting up with creepy drunk uncles was over. Now he's everybody's creepy drunk uncle.

What I find SO amusing is you took what, 5 minutes, or 10 minutes to put this thread together just to complain.

Rather than doing something constructive, you are fishing for more vitriol and spreading discontent. Odd, considering the left and those that hate trump continually go on about how he is tearing this country apart. Yet I see him doing more to healing the hemorrhaging of the country than Obama ever did (and Hillary didn't seem to have any plan either, in fact, she wanted more war). You lefties continue to nit-pick and spew your vitriol and hatred for the man, rather than trying to solve problems yourself.

Isn't that the proverbial "Pot calling the kettle black"?

Y'all need to find something to do, get a hobby, ya know? Perhaps spend more time volunteering at the local soup kitchen or something useful.

FYI, a majority of Americans butcher foreign word pronunciation if we've had no formal training/learning in the language, shocking I know..

Lastly, don't thrust your personal family issues onto a public figure, it is rather disingenuous, and speaks of deep psychological issues you might want to get some professional help with to end the cycle of hate.

Wish you well on your path of healing, and ending the cycle of hate..

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Nit picking?
Ok, say he wasn't making fun of their name, say he wasn't mocking their ascents, even say he was just making a joke and big deal. Ok anything else other that we can push it off onto?
I've got one. The man drifted off in a classic type scene from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
He said the name and just spaced out, his brain on automatic repeat repeat repeat until he snapped out of it. He is in the middle of a crisis and some of the most dramatic catastrophe events and he SPACES

pURET.o riiiicco. Pwhereto Riccco. Poortoooo Rico.

Either he is stoned or he has slipped his noggin.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Now this is just nitpicking.
I fail to see what the problem is there.

And just how has he let them down?
Explain please.

Are you serious? Harvard is already using his performance with Puerto Rico as an object lesson in what not to do.

Check this out.

Are Happy People Dumb?

hbr.org...

Harvard was the chosen school of the Uni-Bomber. I don't think your reference to them is much to be revered.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

When you speak to people with accents, do you mimic their accents when you talk to them? No? Do you say Hawaii or Havahi? Mexico or Mehico?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Now this is just nitpicking.
I fail to see what the problem is there.

And just how has he let them down?
Explain please.

Are you serious? Harvard is already using his performance with Puerto Rico as an object lesson in what not to do.

LOL Harvard??
Yeah right...I saw the story...more triggered clowns.
edit on 7-10-2017 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Do you talk like that when you order at a Mexican diner to your hispanic waitress? Do you say "bur-rrrrr-r-r-r-itto, please"?

Spanish accents are sexy accents.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Agreed... when spoken by somebody who speaks Spanish. Not a creepy chode trying to relate to me.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Agreed... when spoken by somebody who speaks Spanish. Not a creepy chode trying to relate to me.

Your from Puerto Rico?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

Do Americans know they are being the laughing stock of the World by supporting Trump?

The World Is Laughing At You Trump – Not America

Donald Trump Has Become The Laughing Stock Of The World. Here’s How Other Countries Are Trolling Him

Trump is Turning America Into a Global Laughingstock

Yeah. The world has laughed at great men and women through out history. I have found that it is often better to laugh with someone rather than at them, but there are times when you just can't help it.lol

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

When you speak to people with accents, do you mimic their accents when you talk to them? No? Do you say Hawaii or Havahi? Mexico or Mehico?

Wouldn't that depend on the nature of the conversation?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Do Americans know they are being the laughing stock of the World by supporting Trump?

Donald Trump Has Become The Laughing Stock Of The World. Here’s How Other Countries Are Trolling Him

Opinions.. Fabulous. Glad opinions are the new form of fact. Explains a whole lot of why the world is going down the tubes.

You know what opinions are like? Yea.. Those. Don't forget the smell, either.

Facts, however, usually lead most non-emotive thinking people down a logical path, which also puts food on the table and leads to a lot less knee-jerk reaction and attachment to the over-inflated ego of opinion-ism.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Pffft ... left wing propoganda . They can't even have a voice in their own countries about how they honestly feel.
The left is full of exaggerated propoganda based on a few , who are followed by the " I wanna be cool, so I'll think like the idiots I idolize ,crowd "

Sad to watch , really .

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

lol, touche, you are a funny one

Yes, I speak spanish so I always pronounce the foods properly.

That is why it was a serious question what are your expectations for a president?
To say it improperly like an American, or like a local?

edit on 10 by Mandroid7 because: added2

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join