It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegas was a single shooter and here is the simple explanation.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HassenBinSobar

The louder noise is the bullets hitting. They are traveling at around 3000 feet per second, which is 4 x's the speed of sound. They are creating a sonic boom as they are passing the people with cameras, then they are hitting things at 3000fps, which makes another loud noise. The third, lower sound is the report of the weapon 500 yards away. The report would be about 1.5 seconds behing the bullets hitting. It is a very confusing situation, it is difficult to assess direction of the threat in the heat of an attack. There is a video of a police body cam which shows the first three bullets go through a tarp on a fence. The police think that the rounds are coming from the direct opposite direction of the shooter. But when the hail comes they take cover from the direction of mandalay bay. The clearest footage is from police body cams and their radio communication. Anyone who thinks there was more than one shooter should spend some time watching and listening to them.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
I find it hard to believe.
I suppose one guy could do all of this.
However, I really find it hard to believe.

All of this? Charles Whitman killed 16 with a single bolt-action from the UT tower in 1964. No corralled group of thousands, no full auto (or bump-fire), no multiple pre-loaded guns.

The Vegas body count is miraculously low considering the whole situation.

Whitman was a trained military sniper.
Big difference.
The Vegas body count is insanely high for a single shooter with little experience in 12 minutes from 500 yards.
Absolute bs and I have been an avid shooter and worked with guns for 40 years.
You can plainly hear multiple firearms being discharged simultaneously where the firing rates, burst lengths and relative volumes are vastly different.
edit on 8-10-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

All of this? Charles Whitman killed 16 with a single bolt-action from the UT tower in 1964. No corralled group of thousands, no full auto (or bump-fire), no multiple pre-loaded guns.

Big difference.

He also fired for over 90 minutes!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Ive tried counting empty casings from any and all photos released so far, maybe 200 or so.

Everyone seems to agree shooter was a several feet at least back from window and say that's why no muzzle flash, that being case the empties didn't go out the window.

Shooting AR's for years and mine eject casing 8' to 12' feet directly to right and 1' to 2' feet forward.

Where's the piles of empty casings one would expect for better than thousand rounds supposedly fired from the room?

Seems to be an anomaly right now.
I use a revolver for the simple fact, it doesn't eject cartridges, and too cheap to buy a semi auto.. In as far as a M16- AR 15, you simply fashion a bag to catch the ejected cartridges, not that hard to do.

So, angles and trajectories will tell where a shooter is, if your lucky enough to "See" a bullet. Or, where a bullet has struck.

I hear the FBI isn't releasing their report on the fuel tank bullet holes. Good reason for that I suppose.

I suspect, those bullet strikes were not a attempt to blow up the tank, but rather, they were simply "strays" that went too high from the target.

There were two shooters, and no doubt in my retired military mind. At one point both shooters are firing at the same time. Blatantly obvious.

The second shooter was on a lower angle, just above head level and the reason there were so many head shots. Plus, the fuel tanks were in his direct line of fire, in the distance beyond.

There is one bullet strike that reveals this.

Anyone interested?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

The Vegas body count is insanely high for a single shooter with little experience in 12 minutes from 500 yards.

The only problem with the distance and the lack of experience is his shots may not be that accurate. However, the sheer number of people down there completely negates this disadvantage. He didn't need accuracy. And 12 minutes is more than enough time to fire that many rounds.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

As far as the fuel tank, shooting a fuel tank doesn't always make it explode. You can find numerous videos on youtube demonstrating this. It's a Hollywood trope, but it's not based in reality.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The taxi driver recording is the best example of 2 shooters. We hear the close gun burst and also the echo, but there is a couple of times there is no initial close gun burst and we hear automatic farther away. Are you suggesting that echos will come out of nowhere back to this driver from a close burst 15 or more second earlier?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Understood on bag catcher, used to have one on HK-91 to catch brass.

So where's the bags in photos?

Where's the piles of empties?

Definitely something off.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

As far as the fuel tank, shooting a fuel tank doesn't always make it explode. You can find numerous videos on youtube demonstrating this. It's a Hollywood trope, but it's not based in reality.
It was not my intention to explain why the tank did or did not explode, and is outside of the scope of my comments.

The fact that is was hit with gunfire, is. And it all depends on where exactly on the tank, and which tank, was hit. The angle of trajectory can be deduced by the bullet holes. And it seems as though the FBI isn't talking about it.

If someone with a automatic rifle was trying to detonate a fuel tank there would be a hell of a lot of holes in it. Not, just two. Just two holes denotes "Stray" bullets.

Thank you for your input.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Understood on bag catcher, used to have one on HK-91 to catch brass.

So where's the bags in photos?

Where's the piles of empties?

Definitely something off.
As I am quite convinced the Mandalay Bay rooms were staged. If there was a shooter(s) there, they left, with the bag(S). I would not mix my bullet casings with the "Staged" ones. Finger prints and all.

One thing that stands out is the rifle a cross Mr Paddocks legs. Was he shooting at the chair???

Another is that Mr Paddock was independently wealthy. Why on Gods green earth would he play with bump stocks when he could easily afforded a real machine gun. Completely and utterly illogical.

Another thing is a amount of weapons in his room. You might be able to fire two at once. Staged for the camera to push tighter gun control. "No one Should be allowed to own this many guns"!

It also appears that there are 22 wmr rounds, UN fired, laying on top of dried blood. If they are 22 wmr rounds, they would not fit any of the rifles in the room.

No motel surveillance video of him, at all.

Staged!!!

There is evidence that points to the "Second" shooters position. It is true that the acoustics, with initial and reverberated gun shots will be a nightmare to resolve. But again, there is visual evidence that does indicate a second shooter, low, just above head level. And again, in that position there would be a very large amount of head shots, and strays hitting objects in the foreground (Fuel Tanks).

The problem is not that this is what happened, but who actually "Staged" and funded this attack. Its obvious the media is bought and paid for. Are all our representatives, and FBI bought off too?

The visual evidence, is blatant and obvious as to where the "Second" gun man was. They too, most likely used cartridge bags.

If the FBI will not release their report on the fuel tanks, then it is probably a safe bet they also would not want this evidence released.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Big difference.
You can plainly hear multiple firearms being discharged simultaneously where the firing rates, burst lengths and relative volumes are vastly different.

And in your 40 years how many times have you been SHOT AT ? How many times have you sat 500yards downrange with incoming .223 ?

With due respect, you have no idea what you're talking about.

I find it a bit strange that you're supposedly an avid shooter, and you're acting like this guy had to aim. Like he was cracking off headshots through a scope at 525yards.

Sincerely, I'm not being rude, but you don't get it at all. He was shooting fish in a barrel. He had a huge easy target, TWENTY-TWO-THOUSAND PEOPLE, in a large open area, and simply raining bullets down on them.

Whitman wasn't shooting into a huge crowd, it was just another day at UT Austin, he was shooting random people who were walking on campus, and the small number of people quickly fled the area. More than 1/3rd of the people Whitman shot were killed; because he aimed for center of mass. Vegas guy killed barely 1/10th of the people he shot.

He was simply spraying large numbers of rounds into a crowd. And like I said, it's a miracle he didn't kill more.

Even your implication that he was aiming, is simply ludicrous, and shows your lack of understanding of the situation.

Are you aware that at his 525yard range the entire target was within a 2x3" movement of his barrel ???

I'm not going to sit here and help the next nutjob by listing out the dozen things an actual trained operator would have done differently , but trust me, this guy was just an average Joe with above average intelligence. Nothing he did speaks of any special training.
edit on 8-10-2017 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
A An eyewitness called Michael Savage and told of someone with a gaping stomach wound. Two problems! The wound exited towards MandalY Bay, which put that crowd in a cross fire! This victim stood along side the Savage caller. Problem #2, those bullets went to sleep at 250 yards. They still kill, just not with temp. Cavitations. 2000fps, plus is required for this level. At 500 yards, air has slowed them down. I like the term, penciled through, big game! What we don't know yet is did he use hunting or military ammo. Soft point hunting bullets don't Tumble in flesh. And they go splat when they hit the ground. Military spitzers tumble and ricochet.
reply to: 8675309jenny

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

It's quite important to support and bolster the narrative provided by the government and the MSM. Good job!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: carpooler
A An eyewitness called Michael Savage and told of someone with a gaping stomach wound. Two problems! The wound exited towards MandalY Bay, which put that crowd in a cross fire! This victim stood along side the Savage caller. Problem #2, those bullets went to sleep at 250 yards. They still kill, just not with temp. Cavitations. 2000fps, plus is required for this level. At 500 yards, air has slowed them down. I like the term, penciled through, big game! What we don't know yet is did he use hunting or military ammo. Soft point hunting bullets don't Tumble in flesh. And they go splat when they hit the ground. Military spitzers tumble and ricochet.
reply to: 8675309jenny

You're absolutely right that it depends on the ammo and the likely velocity at target would be around 2000fps. That's still plenty, and enough to cause hydrostatic shock.

Hydrostatic shock basically explodes or does serious irrpairable damage to soft and/or liquid parts of the body, regardless of exit location. It's caused by the terrible shockwave that travels through the flesh/fluids.

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliabe, but I'm quite happy to hear any evidence presented directly. Taking things from 4th and 5th person contacts through eyewitnesses is obviously 0% reliable. Most people don't know North/south east/west in a crowd, and then you need to verify the person knows which building was the Mandalay, and were they facing the North wing or the SE wing ?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: 8675309jenny

It's quite important to support and bolster the narrative provided by the government and the MSM. Good job!

Great contribution there CHAMP!

All you had to do was click on my username to see that I don't much trust the government:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'll get in touch though when I need a special HD stainless steel foil hat
edit on 8-10-2017 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

originally posted by: KansasGirl

From all reports, single shooter, only two broken windows. My thoughts to the families affected, to those of you that want to make this a conspiracy, you are feces. A single nutjob committed this atrocity, deal with it you sorry ass douche weasels.

Wow. What's your objection to it possibly being more than one shooter?

Do you not think that the families of the victims might want to know the truth of what went down?

If anything, if what went down is something other than what we are being told- and there is enough that doesn't add up to at least raise some questions- then I think we owe it to the victims to find out what really happened.

What in the hell is so offensive about that?

Maybe I am offended because all of you anti-government nutjobs spread rumors against the country I served for 7 years. Maybe I am offended because some of you asshats deny that Sandy Hook happened, some of y'all are just idiots. Maybe that is why I am offended.

How do you know I'm an anti-government nut job? All I said was that I think there was more than one shooter. And I certsinly said nothing about Sandy hook! You have no idea what my thought are on government or Sandy Hook.

If you made those assumptions based on my suspicion that there was more than one shooter.... you have some VERY large cognitive deficiencies.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: KansasGirl

I believe there was one shooter because I only hear one weapon. All of the attention in the videos is focused on the Mandalay Bay. All of the police are focused on the Mandalay Bay. There is an excellent video taken from the top of the stands at the venue. That person stands there the entire time and films. I won't post it here but if you look on YouTube it's pretty easy to find just look up "Video taken at the top of the stands" it is the clearest Portrayal of the events from start to finish.

So, you weren't there? Like me, you weren't there? So your suspicion of one shooter, based off of what you hear in videos, is in the same category of my suspicion that there is more than one shooter, based off of what I hear in videos.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I don't think it would take two shooters at all to do all that damage. One could certainly.

I just think there were at least two because there are several videos where you can hear two weapons with different rates of fire happening simultaneously. And no, not echo.

Guess you didn't even read the OP lol.

Oh, I read your entire OP. You explained it exactly like others squawking about "only one shooter" have explained it, with your incredibly confident and smug sermon. We know- you've got ohysics on your side....and you understand it!

You ARE smart!!!! I can tell, because you explained the acoustics of ballistics.

And your science holds true, I'm not debating that.

Your science is true AND there was more than one shooter.

I have watched the videos, and am a veteran, you got any proof, because I don't see it. I am from Missouri, so you have to show me.

I am also a veteran, Bubba.

You definitely sound like you're from Missouri.

Of course I don't have proof. And neither do you.

Do you know the difference between proof and evidence?

Proof and evidence, yeah I know the difference, lettered 4 years in HS in debate. Your evidence is crap, you know that, why the strong position, you got a dog in this fight?

Do you have a dog in the fight?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: Krakatoa

From all reports, single shooter, only two broken windows. My thoughts to the families affected, to those of you that want to make this a conspiracy, you are feces. A single nutjob committed this atrocity, deal with it you sorry ass douche weasels.

Wow. What's your objection to it possibly being more than one shooter?

Do you not think that the families of the victims might want to know the truth of what went down?

If anything, if what went down is something other than what we are being told- and there is enough that doesn't add up to at least raise some questions- then I think we owe it to the victims to find out what really happened.

What in the hell is so offensive about that?

I also think we owe it to the families of the victims not to propagate false stories and potential lies either just because you "believe" there were two when you were not even there.

You "believe" there was one. Were you there?

I saw one in the window during the firing as you can see the muzzle flash light up the window. I posted pis of that in a previous thread. But, for you, I'll repost them here. They were taken from one of the existing videos of the event.

(The red arrow indicates the corner room window that was broken out)
Before a firing "spree" begins...

During the firing spree at that same location...

After the firing spree ends...

Video Source (screenshots start at 1:20)

Ah, it's solved then! Seeing an indication from one window of a shooter absolutely means there is no possible way another shooter could have been somewhere else. Of course!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You definitely sound like you're from Missouri.

Wow, what's with the shiitty attitude ?

Stating that a person sounds like they are from a certain area doesn't display an "attitude." It's a statement that relays from where I think the person lives. I'm actually agreeing with him or her.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join