It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Trump About to Trigger a Cabinet ‘Suicide Pact’?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Moran is French for Moron
No it's not.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I came here to post this, pretty much.

Trumpeters can jubilate about draining the swamp all day long, but at the end of that day there's an actual government to be run. And the people who actually (one day, hope lives) hold those empty positions have real, demanding jobs to do; they aren't only there to screw everyone over, it's not a banana republic yet. The shuffle is getting old, Trump is running his administration like it's a reality show and that's no good when the results aren't measured in TV-ratings. Even poor leadership would be better than no leadership at all.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The only "moron" here is you clearly knob gobbling the on-going false narrative put forth by the MSM that Tillerson called Trump a moron. Never happened. Show me the video from Tillerson's own mouth where this happens. That's right...doesn't exist because it never happened.

However, I will give you Tillerson's actual words on the BS rumors about him leaving as well as him addressing the "moron" comment (which again...never happened). No amount of BS fake news and shilling by ignorant people such as you will ever convince people of the false narrative you continually attempt to create.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Even poor leadership would be better than no leadership at all.

Nuff said, right there.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

edit on 7-10-2017 by PaTommyJ because: dbl - apologies...

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Is the US now a colony of France ?
Or just some folks in the US trying to go that way ?

edit on 10/7/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

I came here to post this, pretty much.

Trumpeters can jubilate about draining the swamp all day long, but at the end of that day there's an actual government to be run. And the people who actually (one day, hope lives) hold those empty positions have real, demanding jobs to do; they aren't only there to screw everyone over, it's not a banana republic yet. The shuffle is getting old, Trump is running his administration like it's a reality show and that's no good when the results aren't measured in TV-ratings. Even poor leadership would be better than no leadership at all.

i can agree partly except i think your pointing the blame in the wrong place. its those exact people he targeted which are on both sides of the aisle that are the ones slogging up and stonewalling at every chance they get and they they point there finger and say, see trump cant get us to do our job. in my eyes both sides have decided to essentially strike cause they are upset someone that wasnt picked by them is in that position screwing up their game. i mean even before he was inaugurated they were allready fighting back on both sides so it shows our career politicians dont have a shred of respect for the electoral process or the peoples vote.. even when trump complains about these issues people think its something to do with him when its really the behavior of the entrenched politicians fooling everyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

He should fire all three now.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Congress is congress. They're allowed to disagree with the President.

Trump isn't helping himself though. He's leaving positions in the Executive branch empty, and that mismanagement only reduces his credibility in getting Congress to go along with his agenda.

Trump is the weakest President in the 20th or 21st century, and the problem is that it's all self inflicted. His party owns every branch of government right now, but Trump is unable to unify. The stories coming out are that he goes on long multi hour rants in the oval office every day and that he has no idea what anyone is doing. He just yells and screams, sometimes at non existent entities in the office.

He came into the office with a great reputation, and a solid voting base. All he had to do was act presidential, not run his mouth, and keep the various departments running (largely by hiring people to do it), and he would have gotten anything he wanted out of Congress. Instead he's acted like a crazy guy, he's driven off many important government workers, there has been a massive loss of institutional knowledge, the state department is in shambles, Congress is hostile, and his top people are making pacts with each other to fight against Trump.

Trump is 100% impotent now. He basically has the power of an EO, but his cabinet has rebelled, congress has rebelled, the military has rebelled, and Mueller is coming at some point (either for him, or a bunch of his subordinates).

The government is effectively functioning without an Executive branch right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: Phage

I suppose that this president has failed to live up to your ideas of a good president for specific reasons. His cabinet as a whole as well. Correct?

Since when was it considered good for an executive to not tell the people under him what the companies goals and direction are at the moment?

Since it was proven that the executive or at least the people under it were untrustworthy and in fact working for the previous administration.

Trump's own hand picked cabinet are hold overs? WHAT?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

He should fire all three now.

And replace them with who? The cabinet pickings are getting pretty slim. You can't play musical chairs and leave positions unstaffed forever.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

Trump's own hand picked cabinet are hold overs? WHAT?

I think that person is referring to the lifers that get hired in. The mid to mid-senior level positions that do all the paper pushing and actually implement agendas. Various departments, especially the State Department have been hemorrhaging these positions, and more resignations are coming in every week. These are the people who cross administrations and know how to actually run the government. They're not Obama people, or Trump people, or Bush people... they're just people.

A few departments are on the verge of total collapse because of these resignations. And it's not the sort of thing we can rebuild either, once they're gone, they're gone. It will take decades for new people to come in and build new life long careers. The State Department (since they've been hit hardest) probably won't be back to full operational capability for 2 decades at this point.
edit on 7-10-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

The only "moron" here is you clearly knob gobbling the on-going false narrative put forth by the MSM that Tillerson called Trump a moron. Never happened. Show me the video from Tillerson's own mouth where this happens. That's right...doesn't exist because it never happened.

However, I will give you Tillerson's actual words on the BS rumors about him leaving as well as him addressing the "moron" comment (which again...never happened). No amount of BS fake news and shilling by ignorant people such as you will ever convince people of the false narrative you continually attempt to create.

If you listen to his words he never says he didnt say that it. He just said he will not talk about petty stuff. To be fair he didnt confirm it either.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I thought the world was over populated?

Are we to believe that they (or anyone in government), are irreplaceable in a modern, hundreds of millions strong country? Oh, wow. Here the world and life has taught me otherwise. My bad.

Better yet, screw that.

Make it a technocracy and replace all elected and government employees with unemployed scientists, engineers, and skilled labor.

edit on 10 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

I thought the world was over populated?

Are we to believe that they (or anyone in government), are irreplaceable in a modern multi million strong country? Oh, wow. Here the world and life has taught me otherwise. My bad.

Better yet, screw that.

Make it a technocracy and replace all elected and government employees with unemployed scientists, engineers, and skilled labor.

No, there's people that can replace them. These positions usually go to people who have displayed a high degree of skill when it comes to administration though. So far Trump has shifted people from one government position to another, but never filled the previous spot. We have the same number of departments that we had a year ago, but we only have 60% as many people in charge of them. That's the problem. We're not actually bringing anyone else in. And even if we did, replacements for these positions require Senate confirmations... something that's in short supply right now.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

He answered it in the most appropriate way possible. Let's play out the 2 answers he could have given (1 being the actual one he did give) and determine the response from the MSM:

1) "I never called Trump a moron."

MSM response: Tillerson backtracked when confronted about the "moron" remark making it clear he actually did call Trump a moron.

2) "I will not talk about petty stuff."

MSM response: .....crickets.

Tillerson is 100% handling it the appropriate way because this presser was solely about the blatant lies the MSM is spreading that he has been considering leaving. He references this multiple times. The lie about him leaving warrant a legitimate and outright response which he handled quite well.

However, "moron-gate" is ludicrous and Tillerson handled that exactly how it should have been handled. Why give any energy to something so ridiculous? I mean he is specifically holding that presser to state unequivocally that the rumors are 100% BS and that the MSM is making shlt up. The MSM is so hypocritical it is unreal. They constantly berate Trump with accusations of childishness yet engage in the very acts they hold him in contempt of.

MF'ing hypocrites.
edit on 7-10-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: TheScale

Congress is congress. They're allowed to disagree with the President.

Trump isn't helping himself though. He's leaving positions in the Executive branch empty, and that mismanagement only reduces his credibility in getting Congress to go along with his agenda.

Trump is the weakest President in the 20th or 21st century, and the problem is that it's all self inflicted. His party owns every branch of government right now, but Trump is unable to unify. The stories coming out are that he goes on long multi hour rants in the oval office every day and that he has no idea what anyone is doing. He just yells and screams, sometimes at non existent entities in the office.

He came into the office with a great reputation, and a solid voting base. All he had to do was act presidential, not run his mouth, and keep the various departments running (largely by hiring people to do it), and he would have gotten anything he wanted out of Congress. Instead he's acted like a crazy guy, he's driven off many important government workers, there has been a massive loss of institutional knowledge, the state department is in shambles, Congress is hostile, and his top people are making pacts with each other to fight against Trump.

Trump is 100% impotent now. He basically has the power of an EO, but his cabinet has rebelled, congress has rebelled, the military has rebelled, and Mueller is coming at some point (either for him, or a bunch of his subordinates).

The government is effectively functioning without an Executive branch right now.

see the thing is youd think with the power that the republicans had and the years of time they had to put together healthcare reform they would have something ready to go the moment they were thrust into this great position. even they though are sitting back doing nothing when they have all the power in the world to do so. this is just one of the many issues theyve wanted to repeal and change long before trumps name was ever even mentioned. dont u find it odd that they somehow had practically no legislation ready to go? this very reason is imo why trump is clearing out people left and right. if everyone u run into is instantly fighting against u and will not work towards the goals you want that the people voted u in for then shouldnt they in fact be taken care of and moved out of their position?

your third paragraph is completely baffling to me. trump did not in anyway move into the office with a great reputation. he was one of the most polarizing candidates in recent history who had a slew of controversy surrounding him from the very get go. his exact behavior you say is hurting him is the exact thing that got him elected that his base wants. this whole presidential persona that needs to be carried out by everyone in office is quite frankly, BS. there is no such standard to go by and if u study the presidents u will find each and everyone of them carried out their role differently. shoot can u imagine if u saw lincoln body slam a person at a political rally these days? he did do those things as he was an avid wrestling fan. plus for how many years have people said they wish their politicians werent so fake and actually said what they mean instead of dancing around every question with a snakelike tongue?

ill give u a great example of something to study that correlates to our situation with Nkorea right now. atm people are claiming trump is pushing us closer to nuclear war and threatening the peace of the world with his hard line stance with nkorea. well id suggest doing abit of studying about the cuban missile crisis. why people believe we avoided a nuclear disaster and exactly how our president and leaders acted during such times. you might find some amazing parallels between speeches done by jfk and trump.

the biggest factor i see is people actually believe many of these stories manufactured by our media, social media, and outright propaganda on both sides of the aisle and from foreign entities and the lose complete sight of whats actually taking place. in my case i take any and all articles and news reports i can find on all sides and separate the facts from the opinions and work out what i can from whats real. youll usually find in every article that every side is leaving out facts that go against whatever agenda they are trying to push. when u put everything together not one news story is anywhere near the truth.

edit on 8-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13
a reply to: Pyle

He answered it in the most appropriate way possible. Let's play out the 2 answers he could have given (1 being the actual one he did give) and determine the response from the MSM:

1) "I never called Trump a moron."

MSM response: Tillerson backtracked when confronted about the "moron" remark making it clear he actually did call Trump a moron.

2) "I will not talk about petty stuff."

MSM response: .....crickets.

Tillerson is 100% handling it the appropriate way because this presser was solely about the blatant lies the MSM is spreading that he has been considering leaving. He references this multiple times. The lie about him leaving warrant a legitimate and outright response which he handled quite well.

However, "moron-gate" is ludicrous and Tillerson handled that exactly how it should have been handled. Why give any energy to something so ridiculous? I mean he is specifically holding that presser to state unequivocally that the rumors are 100% BS and that the MSM is making shlt up. The MSM is so hypocritical it is unreal. They constantly berate Trump with accusations of childishness yet engage in the very acts they hold him in contempt of.

MF'ing hypocrites.

You really dont listen to the media do you?

They have multiple people that have confirmed he said Trump was a moron so no he cant say it didnt happen if it really did so he cant take Option 1.

Option 2 allows him to not confirm the report and not have to talk about it at all so he cant be caught out in a lie. Which means the media will say rightfully that he didnt deny the report. In Washington its as much about what you say as what you dont.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Good save.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Fake news is Fake Newsy.

What does your statement even mean?
I don't get it.
Please elaborate more than five words for those of us not in the know.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join