It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNLV class erupts after professor blames Trump for shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: whyamIhere

Conservatives are exactly the same too..quit with the polarising, nobody's sh#t smells like roses.

As for the professor, they should not be allowed to interject their politics to their students..if this is even true..I'm sure it happens either way.

Links , citation , anything to back that up ?
1 example.All I ask for. One DOCUMENTED example

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: vonclod

As for the professor ..they should not be allowed to interject their politics to their students.

Right. Heaven forbid that college students should be given things to think about.

You can teach Civics. But not to the point of propaganda .,

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I think her prediction was so dumb that it shouldn't be said at any time personally.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Without reading the name or looking at a picture my guess is a black female.

Eta: I was close...
edit on 7-10-2017 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: vonclod
Just curious. Did you take any courses in political science? As loathsome as politics are, they are sort of important.

Part of becoming an adult is developing the ability to think critically and independently. One might posit that in order to do so, one must be exposed to varying ideas. Others might posit that other ideas are to be avoided. The latter seems to be somewhat limiting.

I did Civics , etc. But in my day , it was verboten to teach anything on a single sided political viewpoint
Teachers got terminated....

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

It's funny how these leftist claim it's Trump dividing the nation, when in reality it's them. Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

As a reminder..... this is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think people will die as a direct result of trump being president, doesn’t mean I blame him personally for Vegas

That is a bull crap statement... Can we say deaths happened on Obama's watch? BLM? LA? Chicago? How about the 31 mass shootings under Obama...

So once again what is your point? What are you trying to say instead of some lame generalized statement.

I think people will die as a direct result of _generic-001 being president, hows that?

What is the body count so far for Trump BTW?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In places of higher learning they are usually called professors and often have something known as tenure.
Tenure tends to make them uppity.

edit on 10/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

Could be. While it's been a long while since I was there. Many of my professors could have been considered "vastly progressive" but all of them encouraged critical thinking. My work was judged by its quality, not so much its content.

Are you currently taking classes?

Been awhile too, but I got kids in school... hehe

I would say that the education system is very liberal based and so liberal bias can be the result of that. When we look at Government and union type jobs there tends to be a path to secure one's job without being good or productive. There are a good number of great teachers and professors, but there is also a larger percentage than the mean of poor teachers and professors with some down right strange or fringe thinking that are locked into their jobs with our kids getting the raw end of the deal. A socialized system would benefit them as would any job that is not based on actual productivity and performance for a bottom line.

The other part is that professors live in a bubble of authoritarian rule. Their word is law no matter what, they are the smartest in the room, just ask them, and they know what is best for all, once again just ask them...lol

edit on 8-10-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think people will die as a direct result of trump being president, doesn’t mean I blame him personally for Vegas

That is a bull crap statement... Can we say deaths happened on Obama's watch? BLM? LA? Chicago? How about the 31 mass shootings under Obama...

So once again what is your point? What are you trying to say instead of some lame generalized statement.

I think people will die as a direct result of _generic-001 being president, hows that?

What is the body count so far for Trump BTW?

It is pretty much inevitable that every presidency will result in deaths, its part of a presidents job to essentially send people into combat knowing they may die. Just like they at times have to make other difficult decisions that can lead others to die.

I find it astonishing I have to explain this to you.

edit on 8-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Xtrozero

.....even though she never blamed Trump for the attack right?

She never even uses the word Vegas

Didn't she say because Trump got elected people will die?

Yup but did she say that it was Trumps fault those people in Vegas died?

No, no she did not.

"Now, I don't know if this would've happened if he weren't President"

Even when it's spelled out for you dammed fools you deny it. Just because she didn't come out and say the words explicitly in the way that YOU need to hear them said in order to admit defeat doesn't mean she didn't imply it...get bent you morons...

Ok so you disagree with me so I am a fool and a moron, nothing else to really contribute other than that.

How about I put it to you like this, break it down nice and simple so a "fool" like me can explain my position to a enlightened individual such as yourself.

OP's Claim:

OP claims based of a article which itself is based on a video that this professor blamed the Vegas shooting on Trump and that after this the class "erupted".

Evidance to back up claim:

One video which does not explicitly depict her blaming Trump for the Vegas shooting and the testimony of one single anonymous student.

Critical analysis:

1. The video does not back up the claims made by the OP or the article as AT NO POINT DOES SHE USE THE WORD VEGAS NOR DOES THE CLASS ERUPT.

2.Upon doing a search there is no other article that independently verifies the claims being made in the OP nor is there anything on the UNLV website or twitter feed regarding this incident.

3. The only source seems to be an anonymous student, and lets face it how many students would love to do something like this to a professor they don't like.

4. Once could actually say that if we did not have any alleged context given to us by the article in question its entirely possible that this Professor was talking about Trump in relation to his words on DPRK.

5. Given then that there is no evidence I have seen to back up any of the claims made in the OP or in the article posted by the OP a "moron" like me can only conclude that this entire claim has been fabricated in the absence of any other evidence.

Lastly, I really think you need to learn some civility, I have quite clearly set out my reasons for not believing the claims being made by the OP and I have done so with out having to resort to calling people fools or morons for disagreeing with me. If you disagree with me that is fine, I can respect that you might read into this differently, if you chose to believe that she was blaming Trump for the Vegas attack again that is fine however you must also accept you are doing so without ever having heard her do so. Likewise you can chose to believe that the class erupted but you must also do so accepting that you have no supporting evidence for this. Regardless if you chose to believe the claims of the OP or not, the 5 points (with the possible exception of point 4) all still stand.

So if you chose to respond to me I would encourage you to do so respectfully and recognise that just because you have a different opinion on the events in this video does not make me a idiot and you by extension correct in this matter. It only means we have different views on what transpired.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It is pretty much inevitable that every presidency will result in deaths, its part of a presidents job to essentially send people into combat knowing they may die. Just like they at times have to make other difficult decisions that can lead others to die.

I find it astonishing I have to explain this to you.

I been under many Presidents, so that is my point to you. EVERY President has this not just Trump, but that is not what she said. She said because Trump got elected people will die... Big difference in your post above...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
She did seem to state that she did not know if the event would have happened if Trump was not elected I think. It isn't much of a true bashing of him although it does lean that way.

Someone who made the article seems to be blowing it up more than they should. They must be practicing for a job in the main street media papers.

This isn't as bad as some of the comments by teachers and professionals. I do not think the teacher should have been doing that, but her words probably do not justify her being fired in this particular case, just a warning.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join