It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNLV class erupts after professor blames Trump for shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

My college professors literally said if you aren't a Democrat you should do everyone else a favor and not vote.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Odd statement.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Conservatives are exactly the same too..quit with the polarising, nobody's sh#t smells like roses.

As for the professor, they should not be allowed to interject their politics to their students..if this is even true..I'm sure it happens either way.
edit on 7-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

As for the professor ..they should not be allowed to interject their politics to their students.

Right. Heaven forbid that college students should be given things to think about.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I get what you are saying.
There is lots in life/school to think about already..just my opinion, but I think teachers should keep it to themselves.
Politics tainting everything is getting tiresome.
You are of course, free to disagree.
edit on 7-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
Just curious. Did you take any courses in political science? As loathsome as politics are, they are sort of important.

Part of becoming an adult is developing the ability to think critically and independently. One might posit that in order to do so, one must be exposed to varying ideas. Others might posit that other ideas are to be avoided. The latter seems to be somewhat limiting.

edit on 10/7/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Wasn't this a history class though and not poli-sci?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Oh, silly me.
History has nothing to do with politics. Of course.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Oh, silly me.
History has nothing to do with politics.

I wonder if it was on the curriculum though. At that level, history is more isolated to specific periods of history. If it was contemporary history, then at least it would be somewhat relevant.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No, I did not, left school at the end of grade 9(bad stuff in my life at the time) ..I do regret not going back and finishing though.

Part of becoming an adult is developing the ability to think critically and independently. One might posit that in order to do so, one must be exposed to varying ideas. Others might posit that other ideas are to be avoided

I guess I would agree that your point is valid.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Would you agree that comparing and contrasting history to current events has validity? Otherwise, what's the point of studying history at all?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Would you agree that comparing and contrasting history to current events has validity? Otherwise, what's the point of studying history at all?

If that was the topic, yes. But if it was on the socio-economic aspects of the Greek state, then, likely not. Especially, since she didn't make any comparisons and clearly was expressing her personal opinions as part of that statement. They were based upon "her predictions" as she stated herself.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Yeah, well. Context and stuff.
Which seems to be lacking. In any case, whatever it was, it seems to have stimulated thought. Right?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No, more like pedantic bickering and divisive discord. So, I guess she was successful in her goals.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

That works too.
Socratic, in a way.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Yup but did she say that it was Trumps fault those people in Vegas died?

No, no she did not.

Ok, so what was her point?

She did say Trump right? She did say that people will die because of him right? She did say you have seen it right? We just had a mass killing, right? So what do you think she is talking about...lol

I understand your point, but I think it is highly unlikely that because she didn't come out and say directly Trump killed everyone in LV she didn't imply deaths will be his fault.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I think people will die as a direct result of trump being president, doesn’t mean I blame him personally for Vegas

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Right. Heaven forbid that college students should be given things to think about.

Should it be vastly progressive propaganda? A professor can interject their views with open discussion as a part of it, but most see their views as the only view as correct and a student risks a hit on their grade if they challenge that.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Could be. While it's been a long while since I was there. Many of my professors could have been considered "vastly progressive" but all of them encouraged critical thinking. My work was judged by its quality, not so much its content.

Are you currently taking classes?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

.....even though she never blamed Trump for the attack right?

She never even uses the word Vegas

Didn't she say because Trump got elected people will die?

Yup but did she say that it was Trumps fault those people in Vegas died?

No, no she did not.

"Now, I don't know if this would've happened if he weren't President"

Even when it's spelled out for you dammed fools you deny it. Just because she didn't come out and say the words explicitly in the way that YOU need to hear them said in order to admit defeat doesn't mean she didn't imply it...get bent you morons...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join