It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Bored Again

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Im curious....is this codified in law?

I'm not au fait with US law so I can't answer that question but according to former press secretary Sean Spicer ealier this year President Trump's tweets are official statements.

"The President is the President of the United States, so they're considered official statements by the President of the United States," Spicer said, when asked during his daily briefing how they should be characterized.
Spicer did not indicate whether that included both of the President's Twitter handles: @realDonaldTrump and @POTUS.
edition.cnn.com...

As for the question of his two twitter accounts I don't see how the domain name would make a difference , he is the President whether he tweets on the @realDonaldTrump or @POTUS accounts.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: subfab
a reply to: whywhynot

we defend
we do not attack

Were you defending with the illegal invasion of Iraq?

Were you defending when you were funding terrorists in Lybia and Syria respectively?

i was against the invasion of iraq.
i don't condone funding terrorists.
if my memory serves correct, the u.s. invaded libya after gadaffi said he was leaving the oil backed dollar and introducing a gold backed currency.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Unlike Iraq and Libya, North Korea poses a nuclear threat it intends to threaten us with, beyond that is the piss poor conditions it's people face and the criminal activity it conducts to fund its regime including espionage against the US public.

The real point is that Trump needs to go balls out on NK to win, if he does that it resets our relationships with China and Russia who think war with North Korea seems hopeless and impossible. Frankl we also could use a solid win in a war the US conducts, which we really haven't had in 70 years.

Unfortunately it also creates a much stronger and unified Korea, which although better for its people IMO presents a greater economic challenge to us in the future
edit on 8-10-2017 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Doesn't that beat all.

I cannot accept that. Regardless of what he intends.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
President Trump is using a few choice statements every couple of days to keep the Democrats and the liberal MSM distracted from mobilizing to win significant elections. It's genius!

Wait until you see what's coming this week, via Executive Order! haha.

He's as cunning as Wile E. Coyote.

The 'liberal MSM' aren't any better lately. Day after day ridiculing the guy and offering no alternatives in the past year.

They (Oliver, Colbert, SNL) ignored the Weinstein news when he'd be fair game as a Republican.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Seen the Corker thing today?

Is there no limit to donnie and his sensitivity? Biggest crybaby in world politics.

"Someone said something which questions me - must Tweet loads of childish insults!!"

His cult seem to think it's a strength. It's precisely the opposite. Weak president, weak person.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
On a more serious note;

I recall him recently saying how something should have been done about DPRK, 25 years ago, 10 years ago and 5 years ago and now he has basically been left with this mess to sort out. And as much as I enjoy hating on Trump as much as the next guy I do think he has a bit of a point. Its not really Trumps fault DPRK has been going after nukes, its not his fault that Soul has all that artillery pointed at it.

The whole situation kind of shows the big problem with the Bush/Blair doctrine of preventing a state acquiring nukes, we we went to Iraq, so the say, because of WMD's and yet let DPRK build up this capability. I think Trump is right when he says that something should have been done before now to have removed the problem DPRK poses before it got to the stage where they now have viable nukes.

Lets face it, the big thing the west wants is for DPRK to dismantle hits nuclear weapons program and back down the massive military stand off thats been going on on the Korean peninsular for a generation. That quite simply is not going to happen now and furthermore the west cannot let it stand. There might not be a war this year or next year but its really only a matter of when and not if war starts with Korea.

Let me clear, Trump is the last person I think I would want to be leading the USA in this situation, but I think regardless of who was in power, military action in the next few years was always going to be pretty much inevitable.

Best comment ^^^

Completely agree, people seem to forget that the NK situation has been building to this for years, finally somebody (Trump) seems to actually have the balls to do something about it.

I don’t understand what people want... It makes no sense to me. If Trump sits back and let’s NK do as they please then he will be called a ‘Pussy’ and ‘A mockery for POTUS’ ... Yet when he retaliates with some harsh words, he is called a ‘psycho’ etc etc.

When are people going to realise that this can only possibly go one way... War/attack. NK will not EVER surrender there nukes, ‘dialogue’ is a waste of time

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
I feel an attack on NK is coming soon.

Trump just can't hold a secret like that...his comment with the generals about this being "the calm before the storm" and now this tweet...I think the moron is going to attack NK.

Just like how you thought this moron was going to be impeached for Russia collusion that was never able to be proven?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Liberals make zero sense half the time, every time.

Liberals were screaming for war with Russia after the supposed Russian collusion episode. But now they're freaking out about ww3 with a pass ant country with NK.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin
a reply to: fusiondoe

Liberals make zero sense half the time, every time.

Liberals were screaming for war with Russia after the supposed Russian collusion episode. But now they're freaking out about ww3 with a pass ant country with NK.

Right, that makes perfect sense....

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

President Trump is using a few choice statements every couple of days to keep the Democrats and the liberal MSM distracted from mobilizing to win significant elections. It's genius!

I think it's cute that Trump supporters think that this is what he is doing.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You mean this?
Rationalize

Attempt to explain or justify (behaviour or an attitude) with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

en.oxforddictionaries.com...
edit on 10/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

Yup. They think he's some master strategist. When in actuality he's an insecure little flower on a mission to get revenge on obama for roasting him at a dinner years ago.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: JAY1980

Anyone who thinks the world can become completely unraveled from a silly tweet should be committed to a mental institution.

EDIT:

Just want to pick you up on this also.

If his tweets destroy the planet then we deserve it.

We never voted for him, I can say Trump is not my president because he is not, I had no say in Trumps win

That's where you wrong. I didn't vote for bill because I was too young, I didn't vote for Bush either, I voted for Obama.

The ones you vote for that end up in office, are your president.
The ones you oppose that end up in office, are your president.

Unless you wish to renounce your citizen status, and declare alliegance to another leader in a country of your choice(if they of course accept your refuge status and allow you to defect to them)
Then you have only one President.
He is the one making decisions for your country, he is the one making decisions on foreign affairs.

You don't get a say other than your vote.
Not accepting the outcome is called denial, delusion, being a sore loser, and it makes you look stupid.

You had your time to deny #notmypresident
You had time to rebel #resist

And all you have accomplished is nothing.

So stop the lame fiction you pretend to believe in, if you or anyone that agrees with you had any TRUE Conviction, you would be somewhere.
But your not.
Because those that had conviction cast their ballots across the states, and won through District Majority as opposed to one state having quite a few million more people, and thinking it gets to decide for all states they never even been to what is best for them there.

So stop for your own sake, the lame comments that always end with you left leaners name calling or insulting others while denying the facts they bring, it just proves your a bad listener, a worse speaker and cost you the election. Accept what is and have a little dignity, and before you reply with some ill conceived retort, research my posts so you understand I have yet to lose a debate, or a mud slinging contest.

Take a red pill, and check yourself.

edit on 9-10-2017 by Catscratch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: fleabit

Yup. They think he's some master strategist. When in actuality he's an insecure little flower on a mission to get revenge on obama for roasting him at a dinner years ago.

Before I slam your post... I would love to see a link, whether here or private message, of the Donald turkey roasting dinner. Not questioning validity or truth, I just never heard of it and am curiously giddy to read all about it. If true it would explain his wish to destroy Obama care, other than the fact that because of obama care medicare premiums skyrocketed and no one can get fulltime work anymore because businesses don't want to make less money by being forced to cover health insurance for fulltime employees.

But all the good reasons for an overhaul aside, if there is proof it might be personal, please share! it would be a point for the left and one that could not be denied.

I was gonna point out flaws in the post above, but honestly, I think the "Roast" sounds more palatable than the "Troll". So I am keeping it in the fridge, please feed us the roast. *rubs hands together*
edit on 9-10-2017 by Catscratch because: To avoid confusion

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

This is my thing.

I cant stand Trump. I read his comments for the same reason i read trolling memes. Because i have a dark sense of humor

But thats not how things should be in real life. Off the internet.

And no matter how much i dislike him....he was still the better of the two options.

If you dont like Trump, blame the DNC. They got him elected

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

I love how triggered you guys get by his twittering. I for one, enjoy it. I mean it's not often we get to see the inside thoughts of a president. On the NK issue, he's right. We've been conceding (mistakenly referred to as negotiation) with/to NK for decades. Yet here we are with a nuclear NK with missile tech that is dangerously close to being capable of hitting the mainland USA.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: SilverOwls

I love how triggered you guys get by his twittering. I for one, enjoy it. I mean it's not often we get to see the inside thoughts of a president.

There is a reason Presidents prior to Trump avoid social media. Trump is just too stupid to do the same. Do you really think it's a brilliant and strategic move to have your POTUS basically tell the world via social media that the only way to deal with NK is to start a war with them?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

What exactly are you criticizing? What about Trump's tweets, make you think he's childish and unprofessional, whatever that means? Or, are you just criticizing for the sake of it?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

What exactly are you criticizing? What about Trump's tweets, make you think he's childish and unprofessional, whatever that means? Or, are you just criticizing for the sake of it?

More apt would be.. un-presidential. Personally I think he is a buffoon on many matters, and all his twittering accomplishes is to let the world know he is a clown.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join