It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Bored Again

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
"presidents and their administrations have been trying to talk to North Korea for 25 years"

Thats the thing though. They haven't. Other than Clinton.

Maybe if you tried Trump, you'd actually get somewhere?

Might even be the highlight of your Presidency.

Oh well, the warhawks have got his ear now.
I'm thinking more of a assault on Iran. Then N Korea. maybe simultaneous. The new draft.

edit on 10 7 17 by Tophat21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

Trump just can't hold a secret like that...his comment with the generals about this being "the calm before the storm" and now this tweet...I think the moron is going to attack NK.

As I recall, Trump said this about ISIS during the campaign...

I don't want to broadcast to the enemy exactly what my plan is.

Well, isn't he broadcasting and alerting a threat to our enemies that our military is planning something big?" Whether it's ISIS or North Korea, why would he alert them with such a remark?

I perceive it as him putting another foot in his mouth. A thing he does so well.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The calm before the storm.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: Pyle Of what?

Can you clarify "of what"?

GWB invading Iraq specifically sent a message to North Korea (one that the US didnt mean to send in my opinion) that the US will invade a country for no real reason at all. This happened after Bush did not renew the Clinton Nuke deal which showed NK it couldnt trust the US to stick to deals between Presidents. Later the french intervention in Libya with massive US air power support under Obama and the Russian invasion in Crimea sent a greater message. Never give up your Nukes.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SilverOwls

A President who's willing to work +330 10-hour days a year, needs a Congress who only works 138 days a year, to get big items accomplished. We're seeing one way in which he copes with the frustration of a DO LITTLE Congress.

BTW.. They left town AGAIN, this past Thursday, for a 10-day Columbus holiday vacation.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Hey,G*d forbid the president shares his thoughts with the country,HONESTLY.FU leftist scum.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilverOwls

Let think rationally. What will USA do if NK tests atmospheric nuclear bomb of let say, 20 megatons, at a distance of some 200 miles from Los Angelis? Could USA wait an hour more and not prevent what is looming as very practical possibility, and not only empty rhetoric of secluded dictatorship? While the question of North Korea and US involvement in Asia is a long one and traces back to WW2, a material provocation of North Korea cannot but be met with resolve. Therefore, Trumps threats should not be taken lightly. Hopefully, the first US attack will be conventional.

And then Kim will answer with nukes on US bases...and the USA will have to use at least 20 nukes to neutralize whatever remained from NK arsenal...we may only pray China doesn't enter the war in that moment...
we will have only hours when everything starts...

Be ready now! It is useless to say how dissatisfied one is from Trump, or how crazy Kim is. The reality is that North Korea wants to start a war via major provovcation, and USA cannot stay iddle when nuclear bombs fly near its own cities, unless it is ready to surrender. Or the cities of its allies. If USA betrays Japan now, NATO is virtually dead too. USA has treaty with Japan and it must act as if US territory is endangered. As Trump said they will.

How will Russia answer? By now, Russia will most likely sit and watch. China may or may not enter the war. On that depends whether the second corean war will become the third world war, or the world will stop witht he exchange of several nukes only.
edit on 7-10-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Let think rationally. What will USA do if NK tests atmospheric nuclear bomb of let say, 20 megatons, at a distance of some 200 miles from Los Angelis?

That is not a rational scenario.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Let think rationally. What will USA do if NK tests atmospheric nuclear bomb of let say, 20 megatons, at a distance of some 200 miles from Los Angelis?

That is not a rational scenario.

That is a very rational scenario. NK said it will test missile near US borders. And in another statement it said it will test atmospheric nuclear explosion, that will be the biggest ever in the Pacific. The biggest until now is the US castel Bravo some 15 megatons.

What more rational for USA than to prevent an actual attack? Will USA sit and wait? Trumps tweets suggest, no they are not going to sit and wait.

And btw, instead of sending one line declarations, why don't you elaborate little more on what you think is the realistic scenario? People like you make any discussion useless in this forum.
edit on 7-10-2017 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'm unsure which is more amusing - Trump's tweets, or the folks defending his tweets. Both are hilarious mind.. so it's a close call.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

NK said it will test missile near US borders.
Missile, or atmospheric detonation of a nuclear weapon? Make up your mind. Which US border, or do you mean near Guam? Make up your mind.

People like you make any discussion useless in this forum.
Baseless claims are useful? For what?

edit on 10/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

What more rational for USA than to prevent an actual attack? Will USA sit and wait? Trumps tweets suggest, no they are not going to sit and wait.

Arguably 'Trumps tweets' are what escalated this situation to the level it's at. Can an argument be made that his tweets improved the situation?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Arguably 'Trumps tweets' are what escalated this situation to the level it's at. Can an argument be made that his tweets improved the situation?

If Trump Tweets Trigger Kim to Take First Offensive Action... YES! We'll then rid the world of him, making the world a bit more stable place.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So, you think Trump is just taunting Kim? "I double dog dare you!"

That's comforting.

What offensive action would you suggest would be an appropriate response in this exchange of playground insults?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

What offensive action would you suggest would be an appropriate response in this exchange of playground insults?

Something that most major nations would see as "crossing the line", from testing to provocation.

China says that they will not come to North Korea's aid, if North Korea starts the little war.

edit on 10/8/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

That's what I thought.

So, if Kim doesn't do that. Now what?

Errrr ... you'll see.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

If it was the movies I'd be 100% cheering Trump along too. Kim effectively keeps his population as prisoners and his whole leadership should go. Blowing him up would be kind considering the torture he inflicts on his 'peasants.'

The problem with Trump's tweets is it isn't reality TV or the movies. Everyone apart from Trump expects Kim to attack SK if he's attacked. The risks exceed the positives.

What's more is I believe Trump will spend his life in remorse for getting it wrong. Not only that, America's reputation will be in tatters.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

What's more is I believe Trump will spend his life in remorse for getting it wrong.

Remorse?
Do you think he's capable? You have indications?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

That's what I thought.

So, if Kim doesn't do that. Now what?

Errrr ... you'll see.

Yep...we'll wait and see what the world consensus is as time passes. Who knows, North Korea might be allowed to become a member of the World's "nuke club", if Kim Jong acts acceptably.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

You really don't have any idea of reality.

Kim is part of the club. "Allowed" has nothing to do with it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join