It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much taxes is enough taxes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sales tax is fine. Give to your empire's glory!

No income tax. Let people keep what they earn /own. Estate tax, and so on has to go. Burn the castle!
edit on 10 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Why tax at all? Just print and make debt. It's just fancy paper and digits.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm getting my taxes ready for 10/15 which I extended from 4/15. I am paying a boat load of taxes this year. And I'm thinking for the amount I'm paying I'm not getting very much. So I'm wondering what does it mean to know you are paying just the right amount of taxes. I'm sure many people will say they want to pay zero taxes. The problem is once you pay zero my fear is there is a lot the government does we will not miss until it's gone.

I think taxes shouldn't be too high so all the money goes to military spending and dropping bombs in the Middle East. Taxes should be low enough that most people can afford to redo their kitchens or bathrooms or some other major repair every couple of years. The way it is now the majority of people do not have enough meaningful disposable income in my opinion.

How do you know you are paying too little, too much, or just the right amount of taxes? How do you know what is right?

The only way to know is to audit their spending of our taxes and analyze it.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its kind of funny that the Constitution allowed for taxation as a way of supporting the military in defense of the nation and its people and not much more than that. The states were supposed to support the infrastructure and education and healthcare and so on. So I guess the right amount of federal taxes to pay is your share of the military requirement. Unfortunately, in this country requirement always falls second to want or perceived need. The eyes are always bigger than the stomach, or in this case, the wallet.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I would like to see a flat tax that can not exceed 15%.

Want reelected?

Lower the tax rate.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

What on Earth would an almighty creator care for money for? Or how much you have of it? Or how much of it you give towards taxes or to someone else?

What benefits from society exactly does one receive on a daily basis or weekly basis that you attribute your supposition to?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I'm getting my taxes ready for 10/15 which I extended from 4/15. I am paying a boat load of taxes this year. And I'm thinking for the amount I'm paying I'm not getting very much. So I'm wondering what does it mean to know you are paying just the right amount of taxes. I'm sure many people will say they want to pay zero taxes. The problem is once you pay zero my fear is there is a lot the government does we will not miss until it's gone.

I think taxes shouldn't be too high so all the money goes to military spending and dropping bombs in the Middle East. Taxes should be low enough that most people can afford to redo their kitchens or bathrooms or some other major repair every couple of years. The way it is now the majority of people do not have enough meaningful disposable income in my opinion.

How do you know you are paying too little, too much, or just the right amount of taxes? How do you know what is right?

The answer is no taxation at all. The problem with that? People are in love with government and fear death without it. At the local and federal level.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would like to see a flat tax that can not exceed 15%.

Want reelected?

Lower the tax rate.

Could you compromise with entitlement reform do a basic income of $12k to get rid of 3/4 of the welfare system by everyone getting one and a flat tax of 25 percent?

Average income is 50k $12500 in taxes but $12000 basic income comes back. The scale of what you pay in changes as your income does since you only get 12k back.

However. It's incredibly simple math and erases 10's of thousands of administrative salaries. Particularly with a simple bankntransfer weekly subsidy. It benefits the poor and the middle class.

A couple would get 24k back from taxes. That is far more than many middle class families with several kids can hope for.

It is wealth distribution but if we are going to get welfare it's simpler without a means system which requires massive administrative costs.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
So can we heathens pay nothing instead of 10%, since we don't believe in tithing?

That's a tax plan I can support.

Get rid of the death tax. Why should the state get half my stuff just because I die?

Institute a consumption tax and end most or all social programs.

Even better idea. Force the government to balance the budget every year. If they go over, all the politicians have to make up the difference.

My current effective tax rate is in the 45-47% range by the time you factor in federal, state, local, and hidden taxes. That's too much.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Income earned through labor should not be taxed at all. Income earned by taking a portion of the workers labor as profit should be taxed fairly high as should all other unearned income. The excess of money accumulated upon death should be taxed very highly.

And what about people who spent all their years working hard and saving to invest to live off their investments in retirement? Do you then tax that money they are depending on to help them survive their retirement?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
How about if the government has to account for every penny and where it goes. Not just a vague pie chart showing half in defense spending but where it goes exactly with company names/names of people. It’s our govt right? Right..

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

$3.8 trillion.

That's a whole lot of pennies. Are you sure we can't round it to the nearest million?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The State taxes are so much lower than the federal, you'd think it would be somewhere around 50X less based on the number of states. Somehow I don't think it works that way.

It seems that although our government was founded primarily to be the opposite of a royal monarchy, it still wants to look and act like one. Everyone employed by the government should be paid the bare minimum with fewest benefits for the value of their service.

The White House, the governor's and mayor's mansions should all be museums while the politicians are housed in small cheap homes that gets paid for from their meager wages. No lobby perks, no special pensions or health insurance, nothing should be much different for the politicians compared to the common citizen just getting by.

It should be considered a duty and a sacrifice to serve your community, state and federal governments. Make it hard to hold an office and force them to maintain a "normal" lifestyle and there won't be the overpaid, lavish lifestyle living career politicians anymore.
edit on 8-10-2017 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

There are quite a few governor's mansions at least that are open to the public on one floor with limited private space for the family. The White House is that way too.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have them live in a mobile home park, a regular one, not some fancy gated community populated by other politicians. Have them live next door to their real constituents and have them deal with their neighbors just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We get nothing in return for wars but it increases every budget. A transportation bill would have generated lots of jobs and revenue. Stupid decisions like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Just tie their salaries to the median salary of the citizens in their district.

The politicians want a raise? Their constituents have to get one first.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join