It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lessons to be learned from the NFL issue...so far.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Imagine being so spooked you get that upset about a useless piece material...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: nwtrucker

[...]
Now that politics has almost irrevocably entered Professional football, [...]

Politics entered football when the DoD began paying the NFL to put the players on the field for the national anthem.

We could go back to the days prior to that and while I’m sure a handful of the narrow-scope nationalists who insist on the anthem being a part of every waking moment of everyday life would be upset, I guarantee the majority of America wouldn’t care and you’d simultaneously solve the problem of everybody getting upset at the method of protest.

Damn right! How dare the DoD spend money on acknowledging their heroes instead of more weapons....

So you’re going to ignore the fact that politics have been a part of football for years now - particularly in response to the negative reaction to the war in iraq at the time of the change?

That your outrage is based on something that wasn’t originally a tradition and was in fact pulled into being by your own side in this battle?

What are you talking about? War in Iraq and Football? At best, there was little politics in football prior to this. Obviously, you're not a football fan.

Yeah, you don’t care about politics in football, you care about politics you disagree with and or make you uncomfortable in football.

So what?

You're a hypocrite.

So what?

You seem to be misunderstanding.

You don’t need to care; but everyone else should, and everyone else needs to know that you’re a shameless hypocrite.

Sorry, but the recent events in response to the protests during national anthems are evidence that your views of this are in the minority.

YOU misunderstand. My 'so what' is directed to you commenting about me on anything. Your views of me, either way are of no import to me whatsoever.. Hence, 'so what'?

In my life experience, I find that those who accuse you, label you, are more often than not, guilty of what they, themselves, accuse others of.

Lol, the “I’m rubber you’re glue” defense may be a third grade classic, but just because a bunch of brainwashed nationalists have swarmed ATS doesn’t make you right. Your echo chamber reeks of halitosis.

Besides, nothing I’ve stated in this thread are views, but facts.

Yawn. I suspect you wouldn't know a 'fact' if it introduced itself to you.

The irony is the reaction by the left-leaning metro-males, to our ignoring events we no longer find enjoyable. Amusing.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

[...]
Now that politics has almost irrevocably entered Professional football, [...]

Politics entered football when the DoD began paying the NFL to put the players on the field for the national anthem.

We could go back to the days prior to that and while I’m sure a handful of the narrow-scope nationalists who insist on the anthem being a part of every waking moment of everyday life would be upset, I guarantee the majority of America wouldn’t care and you’d simultaneously solve the problem of everybody getting upset at the method of protest.

Damn right! How dare the DoD spend money on acknowledging their heroes instead of more weapons....

So you’re going to ignore the fact that politics have been a part of football for years now - particularly in response to the negative reaction to the war in iraq at the time of the change?

That your outrage is based on something that wasn’t originally a tradition and was in fact pulled into being by your own side in this battle?

What are you talking about? War in Iraq and Football? At best, there was little politics in football prior to this. Obviously, you're not a football fan.

Yeah, you don’t care about politics in football, you care about politics you disagree with and or make you uncomfortable in football.

So what?

You're a hypocrite.

So what?

You seem to be misunderstanding.

You don’t need to care; but everyone else should, and everyone else needs to know that you’re a shameless hypocrite.

Sorry, but the recent events in response to the protests during national anthems are evidence that your views of this are in the minority.

YOU misunderstand. My 'so what' is directed to you commenting about me on anything. Your views of me, either way are of no import to me whatsoever.. Hence, 'so what'?

In my life experience, I find that those who accuse you, label you, are more often than not, guilty of what they, themselves, accuse others of.

Lol, the “I’m rubber you’re glue” defense may be a third grade classic, but just because a bunch of brainwashed nationalists have swarmed ATS doesn’t make you right. Your echo chamber reeks of halitosis.

Besides, nothing I’ve stated in this thread are views, but facts.

Yawn. I suspect you wouldn't know a 'fact' if it introduced itself to you.

The irony is the reaction by the left-leaning metro-males, to our ignoring events we no longer find enjoyable. Amusing.

So you deny that players being on the field for the anthem wasn’t a part of the NFL pregame prior to the NFL receiving several million dollars from the government to change things?

And all the open and loud complaining you’re all doing over the issue... you don’t get to refer to what you’re doing as “ignoring”.

Yeah... I wouldn’t know facts.

You’re a sad little hypocrite.
edit on 10/9/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You haven't made a 'point' yet.

It's mind-blowing how utterly stupid the left actually is.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Deny a 'something' that isn't germane to the OP would be responding to a left-wing misdirection.

Nothing to do with no longer wanting to watch, follow, support an NFL, it's owners, it's coaches and it's players. Based on it's actions or lack thereof.

Our choice. Our call. Don't like it? Keep posting......

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Got anything to add other than a cheap, personal shot?

Too bad the point went so far over your head you couldn't see it with a high powered telescope.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Got anything to add other than a cheap, personal shot?

Too bad the point went so far over your head you couldn't see it with a high powered telescope.

The point of the OP is quite clear and based on the responses, not well rebutted. All I've seen is using the thread for a vehicle to push some regional issue that might or might not be valid. The rest have been no more than attacks on those that choose, as is their right, to disagree with using a sports and national tradition-which degrades both- as a medium for venting issues.

There are lessens to be learned from this, as the OP suggested.

I can now add an additional one. The base will be attacked no matter how they respond. Conclusion? Might as well ignore those attacks and continue with the boycott as those that choose to do so.

Last one...so far....is the attacks merely empower/motivate even further.

Way to go, V.P. Pence....

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What I have learned is that it backs up my thought that it is an enormous waste of time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

There are lessens to be learned from this.

Yes, that it is a manufactured outrage over nothing significant enough to warrant it.

But that so many people are unnecessarily getting their panties in a matted wad over this was my original comment.

Way to go, V.P. Pence....

I guess he really showed them, he got them to talk/raise an issue about it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Apologies for any direction to you, personally. Your comment was more like the straw on the camel's back.

The response was directed to the collective, rather than you personally.

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Only lesson to be learned is leave politics out of sports!! This is a time for fans to relax and enjoy their favorite players and teams. Its not a place to discuss the horrible stuff that goes on in this world. Leave the one place, that people can feel safe and have a good time out of politics please!

posted on Oct, 18 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lisame
Only lesson to be learned is leave politics out of sports!! This is a time for fans to relax and enjoy their favorite players and teams. Its not a place to discuss the horrible stuff that goes on in this world. Leave the one place, that people can feel safe and have a good time out of politics please!

As it so happens, I tend to agree with you, and that was the idea that began the modern Olympics -- sports and sportsmanship and friendly competition unite all peoples as all love sports.

Of course, we can't just all love sports now because they must all be about everyone's personal, political beefs with the world.

Wasn't it Colin Kaepernick who said he refused to honor a flag that oppressed his people so he wouldn't stand and that's where this all started? So nope, we now cannot all be united in our love for sports because this is all about the country that is the only one in the world where he can play his game and make millions oppressing him.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join