It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several Injured in London as Car mounts pavement.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Several people have been injured after reports of a car mounting the pavement outside the Natural History Museum in London.

A man has been arrested, police say.

Link

Right now I am guessing (and hoping) that this is not another attempted terrorist attack but information is still coming out so will have to weight to find out more. Seems to be a car had hot a group of people outside the Museum of Natural History in London. Given that its a big tourist spot, the problems with terrorism in London this year and that police have arrested a suspect already this could be a deliberate act.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Let's hope this is just an accident.. i am leaning that way on this one..
Previous attacks have had some lowlife running around screaming alu akbar. This doesn't follow this pattern.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Interesting comment from a witness reported on the Beeb.

Sarah Frodsham, from Stoke Newington, north London, who was walking to the Science Museum on the same street, said: "When waiting for the light, we heard what I thought was gunshots and saw a car drive over the pavement. We just ran. My friend dived on the floor and cut her hands.
"When it calmed down we walked back to where we'd been and saw a gentleman on the floor being restrained by police."

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Doesn't exactly sound like they are arresting someone for dangerous driving or some other kind of offence.

Looks like a pretty big police response as well.

I suppose this could just be a case of injury by dangerous driving right now but it just looks so similar to other attacks we have seen this year.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Interesting comment from a witness reported on the Beeb.

Sarah Frodsham ... said: "... saw a gentleman on the floor being restrained by police."

Gentleman? He'd just run over a bunch of people with a car. He's no gentleman. I see people use that word in similar context all the time. It drive me nuts!

edit on 2017 10 07 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
So far the met have confirmed they have detained one male.

That they are responding to a "Serious incident"

And that they can confirm a car has been driven into a crowd of people causing several injuries, thankfully not deaths reported so far.

The incident took place at about 14:20

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

police arresting the guy.

Also This from sky news, seems like a bit of a vague report might because English is not his native language. He states police told him to evacuate.
edit on 7-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I think any incident like this whether it's an accident or something else will be met with a large police response at this time , so many nutters out there looking for their own piece of Jihad.

Could be a drunk driver or it could be another idiot , time will tell.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is OBVIOUSLY a false-flag designed to deflect our attention away from the Vegas massacre.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I think any incident like this whether it's an accident or something else will be met with a large police response at this time , so many nutters out there looking for their own piece of Jihad.

Could be a drunk driver or it could be another idiot , time will tell.

Very true.

Anything like this happens in central London the response is going to be massive.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Sky news has just said that someone has mention someone with a knife. If so its an attack for sure! Police with guns went into the tube, maybe to pursue someone

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My impression from that video is the police were following the car in question and did a hard stop on it , could be wrong but that's how it sounded.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

My impression from that video is the police were following the car in question and did a hard stop on it , could be wrong but that's how it sounded.

Yeah thats what I thought be he says the policed turned up after it.

I dont know, doesn't sound like the best witness as he says he was also in a shop at the time, so how much of a view of the incident he really had is hard to know.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
Sky news has just said that someone has mention someone with a knife. If so its an attack for sure! Police with guns went into the tube, maybe to pursue someone

That still wouldn't make it an attack. This location in near South London where gang culture is rife.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

In my experience unmarked police cars tend to be black , the picture you posted shows two cars , one silver and one black with the black cars number plate obscured , I think that is the unmarked police car.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

That still wouldn't make it an attack. This location in near South London where gang culture is rife.
It also looks like the police crash into the car to stop it!

Police dont put people down on the floor just because of a collision/genuine accident. Only if they had to because of the circumstances of the crash.
edit on 7-10-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I know the area well and if that is the road I think it is then I see little apart from the steering wheel coming off or major fault with the vehicle than this being intentional..

I do hope I am very much wrong but I have not seen someone detained in such a manner after an "accident".

Reports of people having to "run in shear panic" as the vehicle "continued" to be driven, maybe says a lot..

There are a few things that cause such a thing one being a known situation called a "foot fault error" basically a driver is hitting the gas thinking it is the brake, very common with auto car and commercial vehicles so something like that cannot be written off just yet..

Stay safe folks

RA
edit on 7-10-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I'd edging towards yet another attack.. but not as premeditated.

They're not questioning him, they're actively detaining him. IOW, he's still a threat.

this is getting beyond a joke if it is the case.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

In my experience unmarked police cars tend to be black , the picture you posted shows two cars , one silver and one black with the black cars number plate obscured , I think that is the unmarked police car.

There is a full video, that seems to be a still that was taken.

In the video the number plate is not blacked out, its LS13 VXN. I also think that might be the car that the suspect was driving. Done a few checks, its a insured Toyota Prius, first registered in 2013
edit on 7-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
This is OBVIOUSLY a false-flag designed to deflect our attention away from the Vegas massacre.

Vegas was a false flag to set us up for this incident.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join