It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea set to test missile capable of hitting America, says Russian politician

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Russian politicians who visited NK a week ago say that NK are preparing for a missile test that has the capabilities of hitting the US, umm I don`t think the US are going to be taking this lightly.

NORTH Korea is preparing to test a long-range missile which it believes can reach the west coast of the United States.

According to The SunAnton Morozov, a member of the Russian Duma’s international affairs committee and two other Russian politicians visited Pyongyang this week, RIA news agency reports.

Mr Morozov said: “They are preparing for new tests of a long-range missile. “They even gave us mathematical calculations that they believe prove that their missile can hit the west coast of the United States.

“As far as we understand, they intend to launch one more long-range missile in the near future.

And in general, their mood is rather belligerent.”

Fears are growing North Korea could test a nuke or launch a ballistic missile next Tuesday to mark the founding of its governing communist party.

North Korea often tests nukes or rockets on key state anniversaries. This includes the birthdays of those in the ruling Kim dynasty.
www.perthnow.com.au... b57356d4f46c53

The pressure is building is it going to pop?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

These tests are a show of defense, and when you're being threatened by the U.S, it's probably a good idea. Personally, I thought the N.Korean spokesperson made some good points here, the U.S. guy though, in typical fashion skips the point:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Did they tell the Russians to tell us ?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Yeah I don`t know.

Or the US hounded them for info? or Russia decided its best to inform them beforehand?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The US intelligence should know if NK arms them with attack weapons.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Ive heard nuke burst in sea of japan this monday. We arent going to respond nicely about it either.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just had a look at google earth to see where they could fire one to test if its capable of hitting the US and they would have to fire it over Japan and deep down into the pacific ocean.

Wondering if the missile defense is up and running to shoot down his type of test, you know for a test?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I wonder if this is what Trump ment with the comment about the calm before the storm.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
It could hit California, it could hit Russia, it could hit NK. NK probably doesn't know where the thing will land.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

They could also do the same thing that they have done with previous tests and fire it with a higher trajectory, to come down about where their other missiles have come down. That way it doesn't give away all the information about its performance without making us work for it.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh i didn`t think something like that would make a proper test, but good to know thanks Zaphod I`m sure you know a bucket load more than me about these things.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

They key is getting the engine burn time down to show that it could reach its maximum range. Accuracy would be great to test too, but for an early test (which this is), burn time is one of the big hurdles to overcome.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Funny how America has the capability to hit any other nation on the planet, my own nation also the same capability, but North Korea are not welcome to participate or to the Nuclear table.

To be honest i find the whole show to be rather racist.
LoL

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Right I understand it now cheers for the clarification, well maybe if they do it this way, it won`t spark a tough response in comparison to a long range test, I dunno, but I`d like to be a fly on the wall in Washington.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Obviously, nuclear proliferation is not the way to travel regarding our Human race but the fact of the matter is that children are always going to want the toys that the bigger kids have, stands to reason really.

We can achieve similar destruction these days using conventional weaponry so if America and the West wish the rest of the nations of the world to remain nonnuclear capable they should be destroying their own arsenals of such weaponry.

Else every other nation on the planet should get two free strikes(pun intended) without complaint really, after all whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.

edit on 7-10-2017 by andy06shake because: Hate small phone screens and a bit Dyslexic.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Funny how America has the capability to hit any other nation on the planet, my own nation also the same capability, but North Korea are not welcome to participate or to the Nuclear table.

To be honest i find the whole show to be rather racist.
LoL

Its like this
You got two mature huntsmen owning a precision rifle. They seem overall levelheaded and have proper respect for the gun and its deadlyness.
Then you got Ken. Kens hobbys include torturing animals, screaming at people about how he will take them all out one day, and even got off charges of feeding his uncle to some dogs because he forgot to smile at his birthday party...he wants a rifle.
No Ken, no rifle for you!!!

The lesson here is simple
Don't be a Ken.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The lesson is simpler than that, don't play with matches period.

Especially matches that can burn down the whole planet and irradiate whole hemispheres.

There is no justification for the use of Nuclear weaponry like it says in the movie "the only way to win is not to play".

Point of fact also you cannot nuke two cities full of civilians and then claim not to be "Ken".
edit on 7-10-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Perhaps you are comparing one of those huntsmen to the USA. If so, then over the course of the past few decades he has been swashbuckling his way through the middle east murdering hundreds and thousands of innocent men women and children. Ken might be a loose canon but he isn't stupid. The only thing that might protect him from that rogue huntsman is his capability to fight back.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Also using terminology such as mature to describe a nation that has only been around for 241 years is tenuous at best not to mention the fact that said nation has essentially been at war for around 230 of those 241 years.

Seems to me America was built for war not that my own nation is any better.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Japan said they would not shoot it down Ig it passed over n-Japan. Japan actually said that they wont shoot down any missile that fly over Japan. It could be looked upon as a act of war by NK.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join