It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Australia was stripped of their automatic and semi-automatic weapons in 1996

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I find it interesting how this law was passed so quickly after the massacre.

Easy , mass murder after mass murder , not weekly by any means but enough was enough . By and large the population was not concerned as the majority did not have these weapons . Laws were passed and the majority cheered .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Of course Australia will have less shootings than America, the population difference is massive! What, about 24 million to 360 million?

I'll tell you one thing though, criminals in Australia have no trouble getting guns. For example, middle eastern gangs in Sydney have easy access assault rifles and handguns , while the law abiding citizens have nothing.

I know a lot of mass shootings get labeled as being orchestrated by the government, maybe they are idk, but by the weight of the evidence, the port Arthur massacre was definitely the governments doing.
You know the shooter even performed a trick shot? The Beirut triple on a moving car. Two people in the cafe who knew Martin Bryant said it wasn't him, although the shooter had long blonde hair( a wig) , the shooter had a pimple and acne scarred face whereasMartin had clear skin. The shooting time was planed perfectly since all the police were on the other side of Tasmania, and the only 2 cops o. Duty were sent on a fools errend( they received an anonymous call claiming heroine was stashed in a cave 2 hours away,but when they got there it was just a. Bag stuffed with flour, it was at this time the shooting occurred. There's so many more things like that which just scream black ops. People should really do there research!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: CromCruachh

No doubt whatsoever that it was an inside job.

How many lives do you think it saved however?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Of course Australia will have less shootings than America, the population difference is massive! What, about 24 million to 360 million?

Australia has less murders than Chicago . Time to do the math again .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Thank God I live in a state where people can open carry with no license. I'm sure that scares the hell out of folks like you. Regardless, Louisiana is a very armed and very friendly state. I wonder if the two are related?

Violent crime in Louisiana is FAR above the national average

I live in an area where home invasions and burglaries are practically unheard of. People know that everyone around here is armed. Gee I wonder if there is a correlation between the two?

Just ask the good folks of Chicago. They have some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, and the highest rate of homicides. Gee I wonder if there is a correlation there as well?

Actually, Louisiana has the highest murder rate in the US:

Louisiana's murder rate again leads U.S.

#MericaPewPew
edit on 7-10-2017 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

But chicago is full of black people, where ever they are there is more crime. Haiti, Africa, Detroit, Chicago, Rhodesia>Zimbabawe
IDC if that makes me racist or not, its the truth.
edit on 7-10-2017 by CromCruachh because: jh

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: CromCruachh

But chicago is full of black people, where ever they are there is more crime. Haiti, Africa, Detroit, Chicago, Rhodesia>Zimbabawe

Wow.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Just goes straight against your conditioning doesn't it, you gonna have a meltdown now?
Just look at the facts. Where is one country which is majority Black which isn't violent and corrupt?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: nOraKat

Plenty of people here still own guns and use them on a regular basis, hand guns and semi auto and auto were outlawed....

Well have fun with your target shooting at your shooting clubs. Those are not the most important functions of owning a weapon.

Interestingly since 1996 we have not had a tyrannical government come and kill us all, and we are not scared walking down the street, so there is that.

Don't worry about that, something will be sure to come (but everyone will be too stupid to recognize it). It will probably come gradually over generations. They won't kill you, they want you alive.

Ww

What is happening in places like the UK, is that it is becoming impossible for most of the population to save money, either for a pension or for a mortgage. Final salary pension schemes have been raided twice; first to "skim off pension fund surpluses". The second in the name of "wealth redistribution. The country has such a large national debt that they have been flogging everything off to "international investors" - energy companies, national parks, banks. In many places, you
can't even buy a house with the land; you can only buy the house and lease the land.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: badw0lf

A person armed with a FMJ weapon tells other people that if they come into their homes intending on committing crime, they'll shoot 'em.

As well it should be. People breaking into your house generally don't have the best of intentions.

I live in an area where home invasions and burglaries are practically unheard of. People know that everyone around here is armed. Gee I wonder if there is a correlation between the two?

Need more guns then. Obviously.

Given your logic, you'd think that a life in prison or death penalty would also stop people murdering people.

Not quite sure people engaging in such crimes, think that far ahead. But as long as you keep everything oiled, and can brandish it to go buy milk, you're safe.

The day we see no gun related crime in the US, is the day I'll believe that rubbish...

Just ask the good folks of Chicago. They have some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation, and the highest rate of homicides. Gee I wonder if there is a correlation there as well?

Notice how these mass shootings always happen at schools, churches, hospitols. Places where an individual knows there will be nobody armed to stop them. Once again, could it be a correlation there?

Might as well ban cars, trucks, knives, machetes, clubs, anything that a person can use to kill somebody else. Hell, Cain killed Abel with his bare hands. I guess we need to outlaw those as well.

If only Chicago had more decent law abiding citizens... I mean, with guns.

To be fair, I'd suggest there is a correlation. But not the one you think it is. What it is? I have no idea. I don't know the place. I do know that where I live, there are hotspots for crimes over other areas and it's not due to the population having more weapons. Wonder what it is.

Hmm, you know, I don't go for the banning of guns. I think it's a bit knee jerk. But I also do not, absolutely, go for this notion that "I has mah gun, that's why the crime rate is lower around me" guff.

Strange that I can say you have the right to own guns, but also not consider it a necessity.. certainly not the reason Chicago is a crime cesspool and where you live, is a veritable weaponised utopia.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

No doubt whatsoever that it was an inside job.

How many lives do you think it saved however?

According to popular opinion, before the Port Arthur massacre, we had guns coming out of our backsides, so how come it didn't prevent this maniac with an arsenal?

It's a logical fallacy that an armed populace, prevents armed crime. It may on occasion, with the right person, but with every joe bloggs armed, it means nothing. No one stopped Martin, yet everyone says he is the reason to have our guns taken away, and claim that no we have no way to protect ourselves from things that happened when we did have, apparently, the means.

We're not the wild west down here. Thank christ.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
The Martin Bryant frame up was laughable. There is a dearth of reporting on it, but
I found "A Mother's Burden" most informative.

Later on, the late night comics would travel to Australia, and perform consumer reinforcement acts to make everyone happy with the job of disarming them. One joker went to a half nude beach and asked beachgoers in string bikinis if they missed having guns around, as part of his act. You can imagine the hilarity which ensued. I can name names on this. I dug them up years ago, bookmarked on a dead machine.

ETA + May I present the usual suspects: m.youtube.com...

Jon Oliver via Jon Stewart feature in their Australian segment gun seizure comic sketch seizing on Martin Bryant conspiracy/crisis, immediate aftermath.

# 886

Now the comic masters here go find some Elk hunter in some far backwoods frontier region known to be inhabited with certain (insert stereotype) and ask him, in effect why one of his sort killed a bunch of people somewhere and by the way why are you shooting Elk with an auto rifle ect. He says he has killed more with his truck over the years but never mind.

Then the comic masters go find some well know national political figure to tell all, like anyone gives a s**t, how they are "avid outdoorsman" but never heard of a bump stock little jig and doesn't realize hes being dumbassed, cause many are laughing at the, if you will, the double entendre, in the case since he is a politio, like quad entendre, like the guy calling himself a "Dr' of abstract ideas granted by mail order but claim they would like to present an national insurance plan of their own, but never mind "the avid" representatives of the "people" that cannot grasp very basic american political/philosophical foundation of the constitution......and like Mike Ditka seeing extra coverage auto repair insurance is a paid spokesman shammers.
edit on 7-10-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

But chicago is full of black people, where ever they are there is more crime. Haiti, Africa, Detroit, Chicago, Rhodesia>Zimbabawe IDC if that makes me racist or not, its the truth.

You do know Rhodesia and Zimbabwe are the same place right . Your lack of intelligence is only matched by your racism .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Australia has less murders than Chicago . Time to do the math again .

We just need more illegal guns, stolen from lawful owners, or easily obtained from gun shows and other avenues of explicit gun worship.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Stating facts is not racist, although those who don't like facts tend to think it is - perhaps it's racist to think. Sadly, it' a bitter truth. However, the fact that some groups are socially disadvantaged, or disadvantage themselves through isolation and an inability to integrate, is a factor. That said, a fact is a fact.

As this OP is about Australia it's important to note that the Indigenous Australians (aka Aborigines) are disproportionately represented in Australian prisons.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Where is one country which is majority Black which isn't violent and corrupt?

Jamaica

link   
a reply to: stormcell

Good God.

link   

Yes i do know. In maths the symbol ">" means GREATER THAN. I was implying Rhosesia was fine when whites were in power, and descended when Mugabe came into power. Just like what happened with Detriot, and South Africa.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

We just need more illegal guns, stolen from lawful owners, or easily obtained from gun shows and other avenues of explicit gun worship.

But but but , how would they be stolen , you got guns right , isn't that your argument .

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yes i do know. In maths the symbol ">" means GREATER THAN. I was implying Rhosesia was fine when whites were in power, and descended when Mugabe came into power. Just like what happened with Detriot, and South Africa.

Well I'm convinced. Time to break out the white robes and crosses.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join