It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Encounter with the Fascist Nazi Patriarchy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Based on what I've observed, even from grade school and beyond, certain people are incapable of learning certain material.

This is a grade school observation.

By the time most people are 30, they can comprehend calculus if they want to and make a decently living day trading wth derivative bets.

The issue is they don't want to or falsely believe they cannot do that.

Same goes for most rocket science.

The idea certain people are incapable is generally completely wrong.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
This concept is similar to saying something is "good." What you're really saying is that relative to another item/experience/belief, you believe the subject of the statement to be better than another item/experience or belief.

I'm saying you're a product of your environment despite feelings you have control over your life.

I'm saying you take a criminal, and pamper them with wealth, attention, and education,

and they will know Physics/Science/Math just the same.
edit on 7-10-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don't know which's funnier, the OP or those people who couldn't understand the point, took it seriously, or actually proved the OP's point.

Thanks Ante!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

That was brilliant. Its good to see your light side. Satire is hard. *tips hat.

Id buy you a beer for that.

edit on 10 7 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Been a brutally long day after a miserably short nights sleep and while sitting here to unwind you made me chuckle thanks mate!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

On a cosmic scale they are certainly minor differences, but if you look at the bell curve of IQ testing you can clearly tell some people have higher levels of intelligence. Clearly IQ isn't the end-all of intellect, but it can be a pretty good indicator of someone's ability to process new information in meaningful ways.

It is also true that while someone may not rock at medicine, they could be an awesome engineer. Or someone that stinks at math, but is the first person you'd turn to if you needed a desktop application written in a few days. I agree that most people have the potential to learn these various skills, given proper instruction or passion (in cases of self learning). There are some "levels," however, that one simply is unable to attain due to the visionary nature of the task at hand. I consider Newton, Tesla, Einstein, Hawking, etc to be among such "visionaries."

Now if we're going to bring common sense (whatever that means) into the fold, I would argue that there is a much wider potential difference

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

We will have to agree to disagree here. I believe having a generous chunk of gray matter is akin to having an attractive physical appearance, or superior manual dexterity. An individual's personality (and definition of success) varies so widely that its impossible to say we're all the same.

Why on Earth would anyone want to be like everyone else? That would be, well, quite boring. One could argue that the criminal from our example (with a universal level of intelligence) would simply choose education as opposed to continual anti-social behavior. I feel that such a belief takes the "onus" off the individual, and gives them a means to cop out of taking any real responsibility for their destiny. Of course that is just my opinion.

In any case, what you say is interesting and I'm certainly open to learning. If you have some kind of evidence or research (even if it isn't yours) I'd love to have a look at it. The only evidence I can offer support my position is the IQ bell curve and decades of conventional wisdom - neither of which are "show stoppers" as far as evidentiary standards are concerned.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Dude...you need a strong woman in your life.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'll be brutally honest I don't care much for the way you argue, and it probably goes without saying that I don't agree with your political views...but you got a pretty big laugh outta this Right Libertarian. The first I thought this was going to be another one of your standard issue left-wing activists rants, up until the second paragraph that is.

Let it never be said that you are a bad writer TAD.

If we can't laugh at ourselves or share a good joke with our "enemies," then we are seriously losing our Humanity.

To my fellow right-wingers; chill the hell out. This was 800 times better than the trash Trevor Noah et al poop out.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Anyway, it seemed like something to do after a couple drinks. Also, I was inspired by the interview linked in my sig. So I'll dedicate the OP to our friend AM who just hit 10 years on ATS and 40k posts. (somebody needs a life, amirite?)

Now with the irony, you are on fire today!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I love it! While I don’t feel that way about the OP after reading several of his posts, I DO believe “those people” are out there..I do love that image, though..poor liberal triggered by everything!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Awww . you met a friend who shares the same beliefs
Nice...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The problem with the right wing is they don't care about facts or truths. They have selective hearing and don't care otherwise so long as it fits their agenda. Their mentality borderlines delusional. Always paranoid that someone is going to take their guns or bibles away. Ever wondered how Hitler was able to get so many people to follow him? Delusion fed to people on a mass scale. They can't handle the truth so they bury their head in the sand until someone tell them what they want to hear. They need their bs spoon fed to them because they aren't capable of critical thinking.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Some folks here can't decide if they're jealous, outraged or in agreement.

(Hint: It's all three at once.)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Awww . you met a friend who shares the same beliefs
Nice...

... better than all the imaginary ones that you think share yours.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:38 AM
link   

First off, tofu is disgusting. Secondly, I eat beef like a zoo lion. I also don't drive a Prius. Funny story though, my career military now military contractor, gun loving, sportsman brother does. Because he's doesn't let dumb stuff keep him from getting great gas mileage. Also, his other vehicles is some absurd redneck truck monstrosity that gets like 8-10 mpg so he's got to offset that somehow.

None of this is true of course, I just thought it would be entertaining to put myself into the heads of right-wingers and write from the point of view of their stereotype of somebody from the left. Also, this country has lost its ability to make fun of itself. Or at least people have lost the ability to make light of their own "tribe."

If you can't do that, then you will in fact find yourself triggered by anything and everything.

Anyway, it seemed like something to do after a couple drinks. Also, I was inspired by the interview linked in my sig. So I'll dedicate the OP to our friend AM who just hit 10 years on ATS and 40k posts. (somebody needs a life, amirite?)

Yeah just another way for you to talk down about people, and showing everyone how stupid they are, when infact you are the retard acting like an idiot and trying to divide people.

You are obviously the one triggered, so much, that you had to make an OP, acting like an idiot, doing and saying all the stuff you blame others for, and then you tell people they get triggered to easy...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMNOTYOU

First off, tofu is disgusting. Secondly, I eat beef like a zoo lion. I also don't drive a Prius. Funny story though, my career military now military contractor, gun loving, sportsman brother does. Because he's doesn't let dumb stuff keep him from getting great gas mileage. Also, his other vehicles is some absurd redneck truck monstrosity that gets like 8-10 mpg so he's got to offset that somehow.

None of this is true of course, I just thought it would be entertaining to put myself into the heads of right-wingers and write from the point of view of their stereotype of somebody from the left. Also, this country has lost its ability to make fun of itself. Or at least people have lost the ability to make light of their own "tribe."

If you can't do that, then you will in fact find yourself triggered by anything and everything.

Yeah just another way for you to talk down about people, and showing everyone how stupid they are, when infact you are the retard acting like an idiot and trying to divide people.

You are obviously the one triggered, so much, that you had to make an OP, acting like an idiot, doing and saying all the stuff you blame others for, and then you tell people they get triggered to easy...

.... but, wait. Didn't you just talk down about people? And try to show someone who stupid they are?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

edit on 8-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Dang stutter

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I just thought it would be entertaining to put myself into the heads of right-wingers and write from the point of view of their stereotype of somebody from the left.

Missed it by a mile.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
The problem with the right wing is they don't care about facts or truths. They have selective hearing and don't care otherwise so long as it fits their agenda. Their mentality borderlines delusional. Always paranoid that someone is going to take their guns or bibles away. Ever wondered how Hitler was able to get so many people to follow him? Delusion fed to people on a mass scale. They can't handle the truth so they bury their head in the sand until someone tell them what they want to hear. They need their bs spoon fed to them because they aren't capable of critical thinking.

Ah the partisan brain. It thinks its so much different than its counterparts, because it has different ideas, and yet it still thinks the same ways.

Check this out:

The problem with the right wing is they don't care about facts or truths. They have selective hearing and don't care otherwise so long as it fits their agenda. Their mentality borderlines delusional. Always paranoid that someone is going to take their atheism or abortion away. Ever wondered how Stalin was able to get so many people to follow him? Delusion fed to people on a mass scale. They can't handle the truth so they bury their head in the sand until someone tell them what they want to hear. They need their bs spoon fed to them because they aren't capable of critical thinking.

See that. Change what three simple words and the entire script fits most liberals.

All this kind of thinking drives the divisions that keeps us all controlled by the real power. And that power cant be voted out of office, it controls who gets into office, and has us all blame each other for the BS it perpetrates that is if we even notice the real grime as it has us all too busy fighting each other about petty selfish emotional impulse driven obsessions (that we'd be able to find compromises on otherwise).

The conservatives do have one thing right though, we need out guns as its about the only thing left keeping that power within any semblance of check. Hitler and Stalin took the guns. Sleep on that.

All Democrats are insane, but not one of them knows it; none but the Republicans and Mugwumps know it. All the Republicans are insane, but only the Democrats and Mugwumps can perceive it. The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane." -Mark Twain

Large groups are psychopaths, and their adherents are brazen hypocrites.
edit on 8-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join