It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paitient Seventeen (2017) Offical .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture

How about we get back on topic... yes?

The following link provides the testing result documents. Follow the link to the Patient Seventeen icon and scroll down to see the two reports.

The labs that provided them and the analytical chemists that over saw them.

Northern Analytical Laboratories, Inc. Londonderry , NH

Analysis by Peter Dickson analytical chemist

Approval by William Guidoboni Senior Analytical Chemist

I’m not an analytical chemist so I can not provide insite into the reports. Two people on the documentary whom do not provide creditentials comment that :

“ The object in their possession is an intelligently manufactured object that contains elements that do no exist in this area of our galaxy. “ ( not exact quote)

I’m looking into getting a professional opinion on the reports . I encourage anyone else interested to do also.

Slante'
---------------------------------------------------
Northern Analytical Labs, Inc

Accreditation :

www.northernanalytical.com...

Okay since no one else responded, and this is through research and not a professional opinion of course, the supposed mystery isn't with the elemental analysis. The object is mostly composed of iron, but has many different types of elements included as shown in the report. The "mystery" comes from the isotopic analysis where the zinc - zinc-64 in the sample shows to be outside the scale and norm of a terrestrial sample. This could be caused by contamination which leads it to needing more testing. This is part of the pattern and path that every other alien documentary follows. They jump the gun hinting at they've found something alien producing a documentary where you have to pay to watch with some coming away confused afterwards. They focus on the naive and those overly eager to believe and buy into the alien tale. I don't blame the guy for garnering interest in his documentary, but call it for what it is.

It's strange the elemental analysis report is dated 5/30/14 and the isotopic analysis is dated 6/4/14. That's 3 1/2 years and I wonder if this was so Earth-shattering why it took so long. The chemist who performed analysis on the sample, his superior who signed off on it, and credibility of the lab have no bearing on validity of the claim it could be alien. I'm not sure why they're pointed out. They simply provided the service that was paid for. It's up to others to interpret the data.

People question why the subject of evidence isn't taken seriously by the scientific community. This is a perfect example of why. As with the starchild skull, the Atacama mummy, the NAZCA alien mummies recently, and on, the approach of evidence is leaned more towards entertainment than serious scientific study. The preliminary study always shows something anomalous, which "could be alien" but more tests need to be performed. This is exactly what's happening in this case. The filmmaker himself says after the sample comes back and definitively proves what this is or isn't, there will probably be part 2. I guess probably means if it's alien there will be a part 2. If not alien no part 2.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Seth Shostak? Seriously? LOL-A-RAMA

He is as legit as Donald Menzel was.

(I doubt you will understand the comparison.) And if you had any idea of how counter-intelligence is applied and implemented with this subject matter you wouldn't be thinking that "privately" funded is somehow exempt from fakery and misinformation.

I'm still waiting for a response. Forget the alien spacecraft landing on the end of busy runway claim. Disinformation is a purposeful attempt to mislead information or evidence. Misinformation is the unintentional spreading of information by an un-knowledgable person. I think you have reversed those meanings. With that said and since you specifically pointed out Seth "LOL-A-RAMA" Shostak, explain what disinformation he's spreading. Cite evidence showing Shostak is part of the mass cover up, disinformation, or whatever allowing you to so casually call him out. You surely wouldn't be mocking someone without verified supporting evidence.
edit on 10-2-2018 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This whole topic can be better explained through useless forum stickies. Every crackpot theory deserves a forum sticky. You don't have a healthy forum unless you have fifteen or maybe twenty useless pinned threads ruining the forum and shutting down discourse. Can we create more useless stickies? Sure! Let' sticky this useless thread too. It's no more useless than the 17 other stickies in this badly managed forum. Why not sticky this one too?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8

originally posted by: Paddyofurniture

How about we get back on topic... yes?

The following link provides the testing result documents. Follow the link to the Patient Seventeen icon and scroll down to see the two reports.

The labs that provided them and the analytical chemists that over saw them.

Northern Analytical Laboratories, Inc. Londonderry , NH

Analysis by Peter Dickson analytical chemist

Approval by William Guidoboni Senior Analytical Chemist

I’m not an analytical chemist so I can not provide insite into the reports. Two people on the documentary whom do not provide creditentials comment that :

“ The object in their possession is an intelligently manufactured object that contains elements that do no exist in this area of our galaxy. “ ( not exact quote)

I’m looking into getting a professional opinion on the reports . I encourage anyone else interested to do also.

Slante'
---------------------------------------------------
Northern Analytical Labs, Inc

Accreditation :

www.northernanalytical.com...

Okay since no one else responded, and this is through research and not a professional opinion of course, the supposed mystery isn't with the elemental analysis. The object is mostly composed of iron, but has many different types of elements included as shown in the report. The "mystery" comes from the isotopic analysis where the zinc - zinc-64 in the sample shows to be outside the scale and norm of a terrestrial sample. This could be caused by contamination which leads it to needing more testing. This is part of the pattern and path that every other alien documentary follows. They jump the gun hinting at they've found something alien producing a documentary where you have to pay to watch with some coming away confused afterwards. They focus on the naive and those overly eager to believe and buy into the alien tale. I don't blame the guy for garnering interest in his documentary, but call it for what it is.

It's strange the elemental analysis report is dated 5/30/14 and the isotopic analysis is dated 6/4/14. That's 3 1/2 years and I wonder if this was so Earth-shattering why it took so long. The chemist who performed analysis on the sample, his superior who signed off on it, and credibility of the lab have no bearing on validity of the claim it could be alien. I'm not sure why they're pointed out. They simply provided the service that was paid for. It's up to others to interpret the data.

People question why the subject of evidence isn't taken seriously by the scientific community. This is a perfect example of why. As with the starchild skull, the Atacama mummy, the NAZCA alien mummies recently, and on, the approach of evidence is leaned more towards entertainment than serious scientific study. The preliminary study always shows something anomalous, which "could be alien" but more tests need to be performed. This is exactly what's happening in this case. The filmmaker himself says after the sample comes back and definitively proves what this is or isn't, there will probably be part 2. I guess probably means if it's alien there will be a part 2. If not alien no part 2.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Seth Shostak? Seriously? LOL-A-RAMA

He is as legit as Donald Menzel was.

(I doubt you will understand the comparison.) And if you had any idea of how counter-intelligence is applied and implemented with this subject matter you wouldn't be thinking that "privately" funded is somehow exempt from fakery and misinformation.

I'm still waiting for a response. Forget the alien spacecraft landing on the end of busy runway claim. Disinformation is a purposeful attempt to mislead information or evidence. Misinformation is the unintentional spreading of information by an un-knowledgable person. I think you have reversed those meanings. With that said and since you specifically pointed out Seth "LOL-A-RAMA" Shostak, explain what disinformation he's spreading. Cite evidence showing Shostak is part of the mass cover up, disinformation, or whatever allowing you to so casually call him out. You surely wouldn't be mocking someone without verified supporting evidence.

Wow,

Not really sure where to begin Ectoplasm8 but I’ll give it a try.

1) you seem annoyed that Corbell made this and his other documentaries and short films. You insinuate that by charging $2.99 ( or a Netflix script) that his premeditated intent is to con the public and not provide an adequate product.
All I see is a art/film guy that is interested in paranormal topics. Makes an average/above average doc/film ( I’ve seen better) and is trying to make a living ( a moderate one at that - my opinion) on what he enjoys doing. Sounds like the American dream to me. I also think he stays in the middle of the “preverbal road” in regards to his opinion and the overall direction of the Doc. He involved accredited scientific professionals and record of their analysis. What more should he have done?
I would agree with you if outrageous comments were made and pushed on us as fact. There are a ton of people out there ( “UFO celebrities” - toungue in cheek) that make wild statements, provide zero evidence and have their hand out saying pay me. I get it. I just don’t know where you see that in this guy Corbell. I’d be first to say it if I thought he was. I yelled it when Delonge first came on the scene and he was saying all the crazy things he was saying with no evidence and then began selling fictional book based on “fact” .

2) check your math. The mass spectrometry report is dated 5/30/14 . The isotopic analysis report is dated 6/4/14. The electron microscope slides were dated 1/6/14. Where is the 3.5 years between tests you are claiming? You really seem to have it out for this guy.

3) you ask why I point out the accredited testing facility and chemists. This shows that you really have it out for the guy. I point it out because these are professional accredited testing results. Hard science reports that you or anyone can print off for free ( no charge!) and have them interpreted yourself. The guy should be commended for bringing hard science, which we all should be striving for, to Ufology. Even if he claimed that the object was from Zeta Reticuli and that he personally took a trip to go get it with that tall Nordics ( which he did not). Anyone can take the reports for free and do their own due diligence.

4) for the record , because I seem to be defending this guy Corbell, I have paid $0.00 to his web site and been paid $0.00. I have a Netflix account and watched Patient Seventeen there, and checked out all the free content on the site which there is quite a bit.

I just think your criticism of him and his docs /films is weak and lazy. I think he did his due diligence in providing accredited scientific testing which any one can take themselves and do their own research and come to their own conclusions. I think there should be more people like Corbell in Ufology.

Slante’

edit on 10-2-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: Grammah

edit on 10-2-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: Ah ya, grammah

edit on 10-2-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Can't stand this entertaining type of documentary.

We're talking about freakin' extraterrestrial beings monitoring and studying us.

Shouldn't this subject be taken more seriously? You're discrediting UFOlogy with this.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Can't stand this entertaining type of documentary.

We're talking about freakin' extraterrestrial beings monitoring and studying us.

Shouldn't this subject be taken more seriously? You're discrediting UFOlogy with this.

Did you watch the documentary? Was it the mass spectrometry report or the iostopic testing results that were too “ entertaining” for you?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nicorette
This whole topic can be better explained through useless forum stickies. Every crackpot theory deserves a forum sticky. You don't have a healthy forum unless you have fifteen or maybe twenty useless pinned threads ruining the forum and shutting down discourse. Can we create more useless stickies? Sure! Let' sticky this useless thread too. It's no more useless than the 17 other stickies in this badly managed forum. Why not sticky this one too?

Why I’m the only guy defending Corbell , I don’t know but go well.

Again if you think it was useless that the guy provided test results for free from accredited scientific professionals then I’m not sure what else you want. If you think he and his documentary is “ crackpot” then take the results and have them interpreted for yourself and make your own conclusion. Sound fair?

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I watched the documentary and while it was slightly better than an average YouTube doco', it didn't really say a lot other than showing a minor op' to a small area of "patient seventeens" leg, and a quick glimpse of a report of isotopic/mass spectrometry analysis, but for the lay-person this didn't really say a lot, as it was not compared to anything else to show why it was so "special", other than the amount of elements in the object and that the majority of it being possibly meteoritic iron.
The report was also scanned over by someone, who wasn't named, and who had no professional qualifications shown on screen, who needed a poster of the periodic table as a reference, which looked very unprofessional.
The object found was very small and lay just under the dermis, in the subcutaneous fat on the shin, and seem to me like a typical area where a small foreign body could lie for a long time without causing much hassle or irritation to the patient. With more investigation and comparison/analysis to other typical objects that may be accidently knelt on, it would have given the documentry more credence.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I watched two of the short documentaries by Corbell. The two Nano Man shorts. The first was called utility fog showing an actor with a test tube holding what looked like water with fibers floating in it with his analysis under an electron microscope. He claimed these were billions of nano machines. Now info on were he got it. I have my doubts, just more BS.

The second film claimed some not so accomplished physics students created an engine powered by zero point energy with a short demo. Not so sure about the validity on this one either.

Waste of five dollars.
edit on 10-2-2018 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Sat through this video last night. Almost turned it as it came across as predisposed, arrogant and lacking any real proof.

The engineers/doctors/analysts all came across as "if it doesn't have a label on it, it's alien"
The arrogance of some of the "proof" left me skeptical. A form of Zinc that does not exist on earth, this solar system or this galaxy? LMAO! Prove it there skippy.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are kings.

Hook
Line
Sinker.

My 2c

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

1- I'm not annoyed at him making the film. As I said, I don't blame him for stirring up attention to get viewers, after all it's most likely his livelihood. I would be doing the same thing. But you have to finish watching this documentary understanding this is not a film of evidence of aliens. It's another in a group of alien documentaries that come out before definitive evidence has been provided "preying" upon those overly eager for this evidence. Then you have threads started like this with people clearly not understanding what the documentary is saying or not saying.

2- I didn't say the time between tests. I said the time from the tests were completed until this was brought out. It's actually under 3 1/2 years seeing as the film came out October 2017.

3- You can only go so far with interpreting the written data in this case. The sample needs hands-on testing to remove the possibility of contamination. Same thing happened with the starchild skull. The sample is supposedly with another lab for further testing.

If you want to be excited by something, wait until this sample has been thoroughly tested and researched by those without a bias and comes back not from Earth, if that happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ectoplasm8
a reply to: Paddyofurniture

1- I'm not annoyed at him making the film. As I said, I don't blame him for stirring up attention to get viewers, after all it's most likely his livelihood. I would be doing the same thing. But you have to finish watching this documentary understanding this is not a film of evidence of aliens. It's another in a group of alien documentaries that come out before definitive evidence has been provided "preying" upon those overly eager for this evidence. Then you have threads started like this with people clearly not understanding what the documentary is saying or not saying.

2- I didn't say the time between tests. I said the time from the tests were completed until this was brought out. It's actually under 3 1/2 years seeing as the film came out October 2017.

3- You can only go so far with interpreting the written data in this case. The sample needs hands-on testing to remove the possibility of contamination. Same thing happened with the starchild skull. The sample is supposedly with another lab for further testing.

If you want to be excited by something, wait until this sample has been thoroughly tested and researched by those without a bias and comes back not from Earth, if that happens.

Ectoplasm8,

I appreciate the measured response.

I guess my ultimate position on the documentary was that No matter what opinion anyone in it had of what they thought the object was , hard science was pursued in the form of the reports and electron microscope slides.

I’ve passed those on to a friend of mine at my alma mater with hopes of the chemistry Dept being nice enough to take a look at them. I’m not going to hold my breath.

Atleast Corbell provided something to research. Something we can point at and say “yes, My professional’s interpretation coincides with yours” or “ No, my professionals interpretation says it’s just an everyday iron sliver”. I think we need more of that in Ufology.

Slante’

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
Sat through this video last night. Almost turned it as it came across as predisposed, arrogant and lacking any real proof.

The engineers/doctors/analysts all came across as "if it doesn't have a label on it, it's alien"
The arrogance of some of the "proof" left me skeptical. A form of Zinc that does not exist on earth, this solar system or this galaxy? LMAO! Prove it there skippy.

In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are kings.

Hook
Line
Sinker.

My 2c

It wasn't just that the zinc doesn't exist naturally on Earth, its the combination of all isotopes that make it unique. What I got from this, was that these materials, more specifically these isotopes, do not occur naturally on Earth, or anywhere else that we have come across. That (as far as we know) they would have to be "made" by someone/something to achieve the same levels. Something that we cannot reproduce.

posted on Feb, 12 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: superman2012

So by that being the scope, we know they don't come from Earth (all of it has been checked) or the moon?

posted on Feb, 13 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
a reply to: superman2012

So by that being the scope, we know they don't come from Earth (all of it has been checked) or the moon?

read this if you are interested.

static1.squarespace.com...

It is from the documentary director's web site and is written by Leir himself. Take with a grain of salt that it is not an unbiased opinion but it does summarize and give anyone interested in researching it themselves a starting point.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join