It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's really quite likely that Iceland will be at the World Cup finals and Argentina won't be.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Verse

So he's kind of like a unsung hero over there?

Not really, lol.
Not many Chelsea fans know about Crespo’s statistics for the club.

They listen to too much MSM and believe he was a “flop”, sadly.

Eidur Gudjohnsen is an absolute legend at Chelsea.

He has a big place in our hearts.

That's too bad. But at least you know his contributions to your team. I love these kinda players, who actually did their job but the casual fans dismiss. That's real! As for Guðjohnsen, he was an tv expert tonight after our win, kept it cool...but you could see he wanted to scream and lose his mind lol. It's great that he's held in such a high regard at Chelsea...he played for my local team KR once, before he went to Bolton. Internationally he was just born in the wrong generation, imagine him in his prime with the guys now! But at least, he managed to live his dream, to get to a big international tournament with Iceland, even if he was a bit older..he did it

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I would expect Iceland to be good at hockey because of their cold climate.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I would expect Iceland to be good at hockey because of their cold climate.

haha you would be surprised! We have one ice hockey league over here which has three teams I think and our national team consists of players from all three. No need to say it, we're horrible at it...D2: The mighty Ducks was a lie.
(surprisingly, Handball is our game....we're deadly at it and have been a major player at almost every big tournament for the past two decades and won the silver at the 2008 Olympics....we're brand new at being good at football lol)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Þetta hefur verið frábært hingað til. Vonum að við vinnum kósóva.

This has been great so far. Let's hope we win Kosovo.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sump3
Þetta hefur verið frábært hingað til. Vonum að við vinnum kósóva.

This has been great so far. Let's hope we win Kosovo.

Já, hope so!! Kósóvar voru erfiðir úti, þetta verður tæpt heima en vonandi höfum við þá. (Kosovo away was a hard game, the match at home will be tight but hopefully we´ll win!!)

ÁFRAM ÍSLAND! Og nonstop partí alla næstu viku!!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
I’m just sad it’s being played in Russia...

Sadly the corruption in FIFA meant that Russia would host.

Not a football fan. Put off by the obscene amount of money involved and the poor sportsmanship.
edit on 8/10/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Já, það væri frábært að sjá strákana komast á HM, en eins og þú segir að þá verður þetta ekki léttur leikur. Meiri pressa á okkar mönnum, Kósóvó orðnir þéttari sama hvað stigataflan segir og veðráttan hér að harðna.

En ef þeir ná þessu, endalaust partí!

(Yeah, it would be great to see our guys make it to the WC, but like you said, it won't be an easy game. More pressure on our men, Kosovo have become much tighter no matter what the scoreboard says and the weather here is getting tougher.

But if they make it, endless party!
)

Áfram Íslaaaaaaand, Húhh!!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sump3

hehe já. TIL HAMINGJU!!!!!!!

Congrats!!

WE DID IT! FIREWORKS OUTSIDE, THE CELEBRATION IS FOR REAL!

HÚHH!!!!!!!!!!

I'm still not sure, I believe this just happened though lol..we're going to the world cup!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Congrats to Iceland!! What an awesome story!

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I'm still in disbelief here, this has been a pretty great day for us Icelanders. All we need to do is win our last match and we're through to the world cup for the first time in history.

All the best wishes,

Hopefully you do as well as us Croats did in 98 when we had our first world cup finals appearance.

posted on Dec, 1 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Thank you and likewise! Looks like our teams are facing off again in the world cup.

Group D looks scary with Argentina , Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria ..can't wait!!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   

They're doing great so far!!!

Go Iceland!

posted on Jun, 17 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Group D looks scary with Argentina , Iceland, Croatia and Nigeria ..can't wait!!

Hey, it looks like you got past the scariest of the 4 in a brilliant performance that actually gives me hope to see you guys go all the way.

Good luck against the Nigerians in a few days

top topics

<< 1   >>

join