It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UC student who stole 'MAGA' hat in viral video could face felony charges

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Unless these out of control people are prosecuted we'll get more division in this country. We have free speech, but that means both sides need to honor and respect each other. The Democrats are acting like fascists and are radicalizing people to the point of violence. Cooperation is needed, not civil war. But, the left is acting as a spoiled child over the lost election and need to grow up and act as adults that cooperate in life.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Oh sweet Jesus,and they call "Liberals" triggered snowflakes"Heh,heh,smfh..
Imagine if it were a BLM hat,or whatever they were wearing being taken.I'm sure there would be a different view from some of our RW mems here.

And the LW mems.

You'd never heard the end of how the racist bigot attacked the political activist standing up to the establishment and denying them their rights to personal freedom.

Instead, we hear how it's not such a big deal and a crime should be lessened because it's just a hat.

I seem to recall some protestor a while ago, I can't find any sources so sue me, who knocked an officers hat off, and was charged with assault...

But "Don't do the crime if you don't want the time" was, and is, all the scree these days.

Don't steal peoples stuff in an aggravated and forceful manner, and you won't cop assault charges, no?

Strange how opinions can sway.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Apparently, no one understands the act of making an example out of someone. Regardless of the level of severity, a point can be made at this woman's expense to cut the s***.

She lives in a world where they appear to think they can get away with anything as long as they're loud mouthed and carry a left handed stick to beat people with.

'Fraid not though. There needs to be a crack down on this. Hell, just wearing a hat is call to attack people from their point of view. Theft and abuse is a bit more of a concern, considering the manner in which they seem to not pick battles, and instead run rampant with their shenanigans.

If there is a cause to argue for, dickwads like her are surely obfuscating it.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Turn the gas tube down a bit man, you're on some sort of roll today, and I'm guessing ham and cheese.

Call you butter? Why, don't say if I do.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Defense could argue that it was political speech, but still....at the expense of another, that makes it a crime.

Not so, she was perfectly well within her activist rights to berate that neo nazi white nationalist genocidal maniac, who offended common decency with his racist and bigoted hat, and he's just a snowflake for daring to do what the law claims he is within his white privilege rights to do.

I mean, she was just looking out for the downtrodden poor POC who daily are killed in the hundreds by the scumbag police who keep a running tally on their kills for their racist leaders.

Don't you know, hats kill people. They are the reason white people commit genocide against lots of people all the time.

... Sorry, was just channeling Anti there for a moment. Whew, scary place to be.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Eh, all I know is if the bitch would have stolen my hat, I would be the one charged with assault.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Can't wait to see this loser's mugshot.

Thugs must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And if the laws aren't harsh enough, they should be modified.

For instance, laws making it a felony to block traffic have already made a difference. Furthermore, laws protecting motorists who are not paying attention/defend themselves from riotous mobs also have served to eliminate this form of economic terrorism. Personally, I'd think some law prohibiting interfering with a national defense installation (the Interstate system) could also be thrown at these criminals.
edit on 10/7/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Her dilemma is a result of living in a "fake" world where there are no consequences for actions. It's all about virtue signaling and positive feedback from social media....all the better if a Trumper is hurt.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

It is at least two charges not one:

1. assault

2. Theft

If he files charges and has a witness then she will lose in a court of law.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
all the better if a Trumper is hurt.

Or, as they would say, a "Nazi" or "racist."

Damon Young
Yesterday 5:06pm

White supremacy is like a wave at sea crashing into a beach—an unstoppable and transformative force, shifting sand, ferrying debris and constructing America’s topographical landscape. This is why, sometimes, you have to do what I used to do when at the wave pool as a kid, when I’d wait for the waves to come in, and then I’d punch the # out of the waves. Sure, it never really made a huge difference, but sometimes when you see a wave, you gotta be like, “Hey, wave. # you!” Same with white supremacy.

Maybe some of the things I do don’t move the needle much. But at least it’s my needle. (I know that didn’t make any sense, but stay with me.)

1. I root for everyone black.

Issa Rae’s comment during the Emmys has been my personal edict for the last three decades. I could be watching two squirrels race up a tree, but if one squirrel is darker than the other, you best believe I’m pulling for that nigga squirrel.

2. I tip black service people more.

I actually overtip as a general rule. If the service is just OK, you’re gonna get 20 percent from me. If good, 25 percent. With black service people, however, those numbers jump to 30 and 35. Because reparations.

3. If getting a slice of pizza and applying extra Parmesan cheese to it from a Parmesan-cheese shaker, I take the lid off the parm instead of just shaking the parm on the pizza with the lid still on.

White people already control the banks. They’re not going to control my Parmesan cheese consumption.

verysmartbrothas.theroot.com...

Remind me, who are the racists again?
edit on 10/7/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
A pretty simple concept, don't take stuff,..
that ain't yours. What the F is, Higher "education" teaching idiots know days?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There was a story of an Australian woman holidaying in the USA a few years back who while inside a cinema, asked a lady talking loudly on her phone to be quiet. She was ignored several times and eventually the woman touched the shoulder of the loud lady. The loud lady reported her and the Australian woman was eventually charged with minor assault and fined about $300.

Unfortunately, there are people out there who will pounce when presented with the opportunity to see others getting punished disproportionately for their actions. It's not just actions either. If you say something that can be considered insensitive or offensive you might find yourself facing state or civil charges.

That's the world we live in, yay for progression!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Finding it amusing how people who argue semantics here would do the exact opposite if he would've snatched her mexican flag, or whatever. They'd probably be calling for his arrest too. Strawman, I know, but we all know that's the truth.

Anyway, she is a disgusting disrespectful and hateful person that deserves no sympathy. I don't mind knowing she was deported at the end, at all.
edit on 7-10-2017 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

I'm all for seeing justice served, but this seems a bit extreme.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Don't you know, hats kill people. They are the reason white people commit genocide against lots of people all the time.

You can have my hat when you take it from my cold, dead, balding head!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Good, stupidity at this level needs to be punished, and this cuts both ways, there was a guy on plane with a MAGA hat acting like a fool and he should be charged too, he had to be sent off the plane and delayed every ones flight.

Left or right; conservative or liberal; punish the fools and make sure it is well publicized so it is a strong warning to others not to engage in deviant behavior.

There is too much of my rights to protest via stupidity Trump your rights to just go about my daily business. Can't help but think of the protesters in Washington state this last year that decided to protest at rush hour in the street and blocked tired workers returning home. The end result the regular folks were yelling at the protesters to get out so they could all get home. Nobody cared "why" they were protesting, it was just stupid to them.
This is a liberal blue state too, but these people had enough of ignorant fools, the police came and got rid of them pretty quick too.
edit on 7-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
page: 1

Felony hat theft!

Bwhahaaaaaaa.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: badw0lf

You can have my hat when you take it from my cold, dead, balding head!

I'll replace it with an orange toupee, you'll thank me. It's all the Trump you know !!

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
page: 1

Felony hat theft!

Bwhahaaaaaaa.

Hat, Watch, Flag, Shoes, Umbrella... is theft only a thing when it's money?

bwaha indeed.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 7-10-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join