It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - The World Map How We Remember It!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I can certainly say Africa has looked like the first map for my entire life. Taking into account the Pangea theory, the second map doesnt "work out" for a variety of reasons.

My favorite occurrence of supposed timeline shifting is from a thread on another forum.

Guy said nuclear war broke out on january 25, 1995 in his world. He gave a lot of specific details.

The weirdest part was that in our timeline, a Norwegian ICBM used for atmospheric research, nearly caused Russia to launch on the US, because it looked like a US ICBM trident missile headed for Moscow.

The date was also January 25, 1995. Bizarre coincidence.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
a reply to: Lucidparadox

NEW ZEALAND IS SUPPOSED TO BE DIRECTLY SOUTH OF AUSTRALIA WITH TASMANIA TO THE EAST OF IT!!

I put it to you that you have simply got their names mixed up. Tasmania (AKA "Van Dieman's Land") is just off Australia's southern coast, and New Zealand is due east of Tasmania.

No.. not mixed up.

They are both supposed to be south of Australia.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

They are both supposed to be south of Australia.

No matter where you go, there you are.

And where you are, New Zealand and Tasmania are exactly where they belong.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: audubon

hahah so funny, no i have no mental problems

Yeah. sorry, that was a cheap gag and very rude. I apologise.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Here's the kicker.. I'm willing to bet many Effected remember the map approximately how I do. How can that be, that we all have the same memory?

OMG

I know how can that be?

There couldn't possible be a logical explanation that has been explained over and over about how the mind processes information.

Maybe that function of Mandela effect pushers and believers brains is malfunctioning.

1. I use "Effected" as a short term for "People affected by the Mandela Effect".

Yes,

and you keep thinking that effected people all believe in this delusion you suffer from.

Many effected people know themselves and know how human chemistry works.

Yes, I'm well educated (it's been stated here that Effected must be stupid, not so).

So am I

I read a book how to toast bread.

Now I am educated on how to toast bread.

Yes, I'm aware of how memory works.

Yet you ask this

Here's the kicker.. I'm willing to bet many Effected remember the map approximately how I do. How can that be, that we all have the same memory?

You are aware of how memory works?

Seriously I think you are aware that you use your head and that's is.

You clearly show with every thread you don't have a clue how human memory works, how its easily manipulated and how it can create itself to fill in gaps.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   

At any rate - the North Pole.. Here's what I know about it. 1. There was a constant landmass there. 2. Admiral Byrd led expeditions there. That was where his 'hole to the center of the Earth' was. Wouldn't make sense to have a hole in the sea would it? 3. Secret Nazi bases. I remember a conspiracy about a nazi base inside the ice. A large cavern opening was there (could be seen on Google Maps). It was straight north of Wales.

You are confusing North with South Here.

I logged back in because something struck me.. Wasn't your username "Velocity Raptor"? I swear it was... How weird. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else - is there a user with that name? ..just asked my wife (she reads my posts) - she remembers "Velocity Raptor" as the your actual username too (not just your profile image). "Terminal Velocity" is rather plain (no offence), and I remember thinking your username "Velocity Raptor" was rather unique - I usually notice these things, don't ask me why.lol

OMG

You know the real catch here

How could you and your wife have the same wrong memory?

You know so much about how the human mind works.

This is proof of aliens or Mandela or flat earth, actually it might be chemtrails.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

OMG!

Relax a little.. It's a conspiracy forum, you'll be ok.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

I swear you were Velocity Raptor.. weird.

And I swear you were Pearlj.

But I can admit I was mistaken, because I was confusing your screen name with the band "Pearl Jam". It's an easy mistake to make, and I'm not about to say "I could not possibly have been wrong about your screen name, so it must have been The Mandela Effect."

edit on 8/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

But I can admit I was mistaken, because I was confusing your screen name with the band "Pearl Jam". It's an easy mistake to make, and I'm not about to say "I could not possibly have been wrong about your screen name, so it must have been The Mandela Effect."

...said no Effected person ever lol

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Hehehe I thought the exact same.

Clearly we are special too and part of the "effected", how else could we have thought the same thing.

I just feel bad for Pearj, poor guy probably doesn't even remember when he was Pearlj.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Do you not understand that the majority get these things wrong?

There's not a select group that have this superpower that allows them to see a past that the nerds at CERN have made
irrelevant.

Even if you stick to your delusion that you can remember an altered past you should at least accept that you're not in the minority.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yep, same here. Looking at Pearj's username, I always have Pearl Jam pop into my mind, simply because of seeing "Pear" and then the "j" makes my brain want to think "Pearl Jam" (also because I listen to them).

It's simply my mind playing tricks on me and the way it wants to see things...instead of a fruit (Pear) and J (possibly for Jam or Jelly? Who knows?).

It's because of how our minds work when we read. I'm sure many of you have seen all those memes posted like on Facebook where you have something like this:

or this one:

Take a look at the OP's mood in the mini profile: it's a reflection of the word "mood" which is "boom"

Human's eyes and minds can be tricked quite easily, we are some of the worst "data gathering" machines because of this.

No, the image below is NOT an animated GIF.....it's a jpg, yet because of the colors, pattern and the way our minds work, it seems to be moving......yet it's not:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
don't know how strong my mind is lol, but I read that quite easily, good point.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Oh, I dunno...

...I can’t believe my memory could be wrong about something like your screen name that I could SWEAR was “PearlJ”.

Since so many other people on here have the exact same memory that your screen name was “Pearlj”, it seems (going by the argument of many ME believers) the most reasonable explanation is that your screen name WAS “Pearlj” in another reality, and that name has leaked into this reality.

I mean, how else do several independent people on this board who don’t know each other all have the same memory that it was “Pearlj”?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

The brain does not only play tricks on you visually with optical illusions. Your brain can also play tricks on what you think you hear, such as the brain illusion known as the McGurk Effect:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

when verbally said this is what i thought their screen name was as well.

When I look at the written name, it does look wrong.

I did the same thing you did and the same thing that Terminal velocity posted but the opposite.

Instead of being able to read words with the letters all jumbled my mind created the missing L to match what my mind thought was their screen name.

its fascinating how our minds work, yet some just cant grasp how fascinating and how our or their own minds work

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearlj

Shame that you're quitting ATS Pearlj.
Perhaps if you would have answered the questions with a little humanity, instead of arrogance: you would still be here chatting.

edit on 9-10-2017 by Nothin because: sp

edit on 9-10-2017 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: prevenge
I think the Mandela effect gives people with learning disabilities and/or whom did poorly in their studies...a free pass to get all neurotic and obsessive about things they simply, sloppily remember.

Slang, or even different dialects..form from lessened adherence to traditional practice...

I could have sworn it was "aren't" but it's "ain't"! (Must be Mandela!)..
I could have sworn it was "ask" ...not "axe"...(Must be Mandela)
Sometimes we just don't remember things exactly as they were!
In my opinion this is nothing less than a magnified culture-wide expression of the Dunning- Kruger effect...
...or were it "Kruger-Dunning"!!
Aaaalllmost as innane as the Flat Earth theory...

Although..as passionate I was at the moment to express that perspective..
I don't mind keeping an open mind to whatever comes I am infinite uni/multiverse we know little to nothing about..

..spiral out!
edit on 10/12/2017 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Im just as interested in stories of geography or places changing, disappearing etc..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join